Turn Off Ads?
Page 22 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Thread: Bengals 2010 pt. I

Re: Bengals 2010

I wanted Owens for kinda selfish reasons but I cant say I'm disapointed if they sign Bryant.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    Profootballtalk.com has a link up to a shaky website claiming that the Bengals have signed Antonio Bryant to a four year deal.
    Former NFL player Charles Fisher is saying its a done deal on his twitter account.

http://twitter.com/charlesfisher25

Also from Chad Johnsons twitter account:
    OCNN BREAKING NEWS~ Antonio Bryant signs a 4 year deal with the Cincy Bengal, congrats to the homie from the 305, DADE COUNTY FINEST 3 minutes ago via Swift

http://twitter.com/OGOchoCinco/status/10286917952
    Last edited by CTA513; 03-10-2010 at 04:18 PM.

Bring in Owens also !!!!

It would be pretty awesome if we signed both of them.
    DLC11@Insightbb.com

4 year deal worth $28 million according to this article on espn.com:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4982988

BobC, get a legit F.O.! Mario-Rijo's Avatar

Espn:

Wide receiver Antonio Bryant has agreed to four-year deal with Cincinnati Bengals, his agent, Patrick Brougham, told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter on Wednesday.

Bryant's contract is worth $28 million, a source told ESPN.com's John Clayton. With incentives, he could make as much as $29 million.

That considerably lessens the possibility that the Bengals will sign Terrell Owens.
    For more...
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4982988
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Good luck with that, Bengals.

I watched Bryant play the last two years at Tampa -- when he's healthy, he's a gamebreaking WR that is capable of putting up double-digit touchdown numbers.

Trouble is, I've seen Balsa Wood gliders that are more durable than Antonio Bryant's legs.
    Championships Matter.
    24 Years and Counting...

BobC, get a legit F.O.! Mario-Rijo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    Good luck with that, Bengals.

I watched Bryant play the last two years at Tampa -- when he's healthy, he's a gamebreaking WR that is capable of putting up double-digit touchdown numbers.

Trouble is, I've seen Balsa Wood gliders that are more durable than Antonio Bryant's legs.
    Which is one reason I wasn't enthralled with the idea.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

After watching several videos of Bryant, he appears to have a lot more skill than I thought.

Rotoworld like the signing as well...

Rotoworld's comments:

Matt Jones should've signed elsewhere, because he's not going to make the team. Bryant, 29, gives the Bengals a legitimate vertical threat, and defenses someone other than Ochocinco to worry about in the passing game. While questions remain about what's left of Carson Palmer's deep ball, Bryant should immediately make him and Ochocinco better while Andre Caldwell stays in the slot. Bryant is unlikely to top 70 catches in Cincinnati, but 950 yards and 5-7 TDs is realistic. Great signing.
    DLC11@Insightbb.com

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

Singing Bryant over TO is definitely the lesser of two evils. I think Bryant has more upside at this point in his career with less risk of tearing apart the team.

With Bryant now signed to compliment Ochocinco, doesn't 2010 become Carson Palmer's make or break, put up or shut up season? (Assuming there are no big injuries.)

C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_the_Red View Post
    Singing Bryant over TO is definitely the lesser of two evils. I think Bryant has more upside at this point in his career with less risk of tearing apart the team.

With Bryant now signed to compliment Ochocinco, doesn't 2010 become Carson Palmer's make or break, put up or shut up season? (Assuming there are no big injuries.)
    Possibly, or it could turn into Lavernaeus Coles part II.

Now, if we still sign TO and draft Gresham or Tate (wouldn't be opposed to adding three wideouts sans Matt Jones), then Palmer is going to have to start producing at a higher level.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_the_Red View Post

As long as the offensive line holds up, I think Carson will need to put up good numbers.

I still want TO.

1. Ocho Cinco
    2. Bryant
    3. Owens
    4. Jones

Not to bad really I think it would really help out the offense.
    Most Vottomatic Player

Quote Originally Posted by Degenerate39 View Post
    I still want TO.

1. Ocho Cinco
    2. Bryant
    3. Owens
    4. Jones

Not to bad really I think it would really help out the offense.

Sure that sounds good on paper but how do you keep all those tempermental receivers happy? I don't think that would work out in real life. That'd make a pretty decent fantasy team, though

TO drops too many passes. I'd be fine with bringing him in, but his drops could be a killer to our offense.

Turn Off Ads?