Turn Off Ads?
Page 39 of 68 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast

Thread: Bengals 2010 pt. I

Re: Bengals 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Degenerate39 View Post
    I'd like to see the Bengals get Russell. What would it really hurt? How many times would he even have to touch the ball? I think he'd be a solid back-up player.
    I would be willing to give him a shot if he was willing to lose weight.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by CTA513 View Post
    I would be willing to give him a shot if he was willing to lose weight.
    I heard rumors he's over 300 lbs. now. If that's the case, I hope they're working him out at OL.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Id sign him for league minimum. Id take guys that are some what talented every day of the week for league minimum.

Senor Votto

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    I heard rumors he's over 300 lbs. now. If that's the case, I hope they're working him out at OL.
    What about a Fullback? :

he didn't know the playbook as a starter. I doubt he'll know it any better as a back up.

You want NOTHING to do with that worthless moron JamBurgular Russell. He got paid and gave up on everything. He was more worried about his furs, food, and bling than doing anything to really trying to be an NFL qb. He is dumb as a load of bricks, not a type of guy you want to be holding the clipboard. Youd be better off going after Andrew Walter he could at least hold a clipboard and know the playbook if things go to heck.

Take away Russell's bionic arm and he wouldnt have gotten a second glance by the NFL. Sadly Al Davis fell in love with him (I would have taken Peterson or Johnson IMO said it all along that Russell was over rated for thrashing an overrated Notre Dame). Russell's head makes Jeff George and Todd Mariju.. I mean Marinovich look like Peyton Manning and Drew Brees.

After Gradkowski got hurt in the Washington game, we went with Charlie Frye as a starter before we went back to Russell. In the Washington game the O-Line gave up on it. Russell got sacked 7 times those two facts told me all I needed to know about what the team thought of Russell. He was not a good teammate, He was not a good student, He had no heart, he had no desire to be an NFL QB.
    Last edited by Slyder; 05-17-2010 at 01:45 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Wide receiver is shaping up to be one heck of a battle this season. From the small glimpse folks got out at camp Matt Jones is flashing some big time skills. Bryant has been playing both the slot and outside, and Jerome Simpson appears to have actually found his way to the practice field. It is going to be a tough decision for the coaching staff on who stays and who goes.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Peter King thinks very highly of the 2010 Bengals. Not really. He ranks them 23rd. One notch above the Detroit Lions. I do worry about Carson Palmer though. And think the Bengals should have grabbed Colt McCoy in the third round.

23. Cincinnati. I love Carson Palmer. I worry about Carson Palmer. And I bet if you ask every Bengals fan out there, they'd say the exact same thing.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz0oCw3bLVM

'19 '40 '75 '76 '90

TE has been a position of concern, hopefully it will open the field up for Palmer this year.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Peter King thinks very highly of the 2010 Bengals. Not really. He ranks them 23rd. One notch above the Detroit Lions. I do worry about Carson Palmer though. And think the Bengals should have grabbed Colt McCoy in the third round.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz0oCw3bLVM
    Luckily for us, Peter King had the Saints ranked 24th last year in these same rankings, and he had the Bears winning the Super Bowl. So I'm not exactly sweating over his preseason rankings.

Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    Luckily for us, Peter King had the Saints ranked 24th last year in these same rankings, and he had the Bears winning the Super Bowl. So I'm not exactly sweating over his preseason rankings.
    Yeah, I'd consider it a good sign if Peter King doesn't like your team. He also picked Jake Plummer to be MVP the year he went to the Broncos.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Bengals suck when they win, they suck when they lose. Is this news to anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by RichRed View Post
    Yeah, I'd consider it a good sign if Peter King doesn't like your team. He also picked Jake Plummer to be MVP the year he went to the Broncos.
    Hear! Hear!

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

I'm shocked this news wasn't posted yet here but maybe it just broke way too early this morning. Anyway, it was just posted by Joe Reedy at the Enquirer that Mike Zimmer won the Halas Award. I posted a link to the story below and I'm so glad he was recognized for the strength he showed in what had to be one of the most trying years of his life. Congrats Zim!

Story: http://cincinnati.com/blogs/bengals/...s-halas-award/

Said Zimmer about the award: “Anytime your name is mentioned with George Halas, and all the other people who have won this award in the past, it’s a terrific honor. It’s a credit to our players and coaches, (head coach) Marvin (Lewis), and my kids. They helped me hang in through the adversity. If I hadn’t had them, it would have been harder to continue on. Our veteran core group of players really helped me in a number of ways. They were a strength for me.”
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Thanks, Heather.

Way to go, Zim!

Turn Off Ads?