Turn Off Ads?
Page 48 of 68 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950515258 ... LastLast

Thread: Bengals 2010 pt. I

Re: Bengals 2010

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    To be fair, McNabb has shown that he is quite the idiot. That is where most of TO's issues came from.
    Examples? I always thought McNabb was a solid guy and a pretty good quarterback, not great but good.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Is Carson a legit quarterback or the guy I watched last year? I guess I have become spoiled by watcing Petyon Manning every week for last 12 years, but I thought Carson looked like a sub-par quarterback last season.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    Is Carson a legit quarterback or the guy I watched last year? I guess I have become spoiled by watcing Petyon Manning every week for last 12 years, but I thought Carson looked like a sub-par quarterback last season.
    I think it had a lot to do with play calling and only having 1 legit reciever.

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    I think it had a lot to do with play calling and only having 1 legit reciever.
    I think it has more to do with the fact that Carson is average at best.
    Last edited by redsfanmia; 07-30-2010 at 09:57 PM.

I think it has more to do with the fact that Carson is average at best.
    I think it has more to do with him coming back from an elbow injury that people thought he would need surgery for.

"Average at best" is incorrect, but so is attributing all his faults to Bratkowski and his WRs. Carson's still a good quarterback, but he's no longer in the discussion as being one of the elite QBs of the league, and rightfully so. Some devastating injuries have robbed him of that status.

However, he's still dangerous and a guy the defense must certainly respect. It's just no longer realistic to expect him to throw up 100+ passer ratings game in and game out like he did 4 or 5 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    "Average at best" is incorrect, but so is attributing all his faults to Bratkowski and his WRs. Carson's still a good quarterback, but he's no longer in the discussion as being one of the elite QBs of the league, and rightfully so. Some devastating injuries have robbed him of that status.

However, he's still dangerous and a guy the defense must certainly respect. It's just no longer realistic to expect him to throw up 100+ passer ratings game in and game out like he did 4 or 5 years ago.
    This is how many 100+ passer rating games Palmer has had by season:

'03 0 (didn't play, redshirt year)
    '04 4
    '05 11
    '06 4
    '07 5
    '08 0 (injured, only played in 4 games)
    '09 1

Now, it's not even August and training camp is just starting so I'm sure people would feel more comfortable with this after at least a couple preseason games. But, would anyone like to predict how many games with a 100+ passer rating Palmer will have this season based on how things look now?

I'll say 7 and hope I'm right.

Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post

Let me rephrase average at best to just plain average. If He is not in the top 10-15 quarterbacks in the league than that makes him average.

Let me rephrase average at best to just plain average. If He is not in the top 10-15 quarterbacks in the league than that makes him average.
    Palmer is in that top 15 bracket, he is on the edge of the list but IMO he is a top 15 QB in this league. If he isn't I want to see the list that made it.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Palmer is in that top 15 bracket, he is on the edge of the list but IMO he is a top 15 QB in this league. If he isn't I want to see the list that made it.
    Top 15 makes him average.
    Who would you take over him?

Top 15 makes him average.
    Who would you take over him?
    Carson finished 16th in QB rating last year. Right smack dab in the middle.

1 Peyton
    2 Brees
    In no particular order now.
    3 Schaub
    4 Rodgers
    5 Farve
    6 Rivers
    7 McNabb
    8 Flacco
    9 Romo
    10 Warner
    11 Campbell
    12 The Other Manning
    13 Vince Young
    14 that moron in Pittsburgh
    15 that NFL propped up ego in NE.

Thats how someone could look at it.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Just got back from practice.

They had a huge crowd tonight; so much so traffic was backed up to the main road off campus to get into their $15 parking spots which I later heard were full. I saw one lot just a few steps away from the main one that had $10 parking. I got off on the street before because I wanted to avoid the mess and look for parking on the street. I turned onto Main St and it had plenty of street parking available. I parked in front of the Catholic Church but actually there were spots closer. Just plan a few extra minutes to drive around and pick your spot. The neighborhood comes right out of the cartoon King of the Hill with tiny houses/yards and folks hanging out on their doorstep in sleeveless white t-shirts smoking cigarettes.

Practice went on for a full two hours. Of course Chad and TO were the main attractions. They were the last ones on the field and they stuck out due to their wearing orange whereas others were wearing black.

--Chad showed his "extra gear" chasing down a long bomb from Carson
    --TO made lots of catches, some easy, some in traffic
    --Shipley looked the most impressive to me. He caught everything seamlessly and in stride. It's hard to explain how gifted he is catching the ball but it's like a receiver catching a ball in a video game. Most guys catch it in their hands, cradle it, tuck it away and run. Not Shipley. He "envelopes" the ball. It's like the ball becomes a part of his body, like in a video game. He's so smooth you don't notice him catching it. He worked in the slot, special teams and returned some punts along with Quan and Adam Jones
    --Otis Hudson played RG
    --Roland and Collins rotated at RT
    --Ndukwe was quite the disruptor
    --Roy Williams seemed lackadaisical. Wouldn't surprise me if he got cut.
    --Briscoe seemed a step behind which I would attribute to getting adjusted to the speed of the NFL
    --TO separated from Adam Jones on a long overthrown pass but I don't know if that says more about TO or Jones
    --Caldwell looked good in the slot but I still think he's miscast there. He sure looks like a burner to meand not an over the middle guy
    --They ran a TE screen to Reggie Kelly. Can't say I really want to see that one during the regular season

I saw the ambulance take someone off on a stretcher on the sideline but I can't say for sure who it was or even if it was a player. I didn't see any injuries on the field. This guy was hurt pretty bad. He had a neck brace and had a leg wrapped. He was a big, black guy so if he's a player, he's a lineman. I'm wondering if maybe he was a fan that fell out of the stands. We will see

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    Carson finished 16th in QB rating last year. Right smack dab in the middle.

1 Peyton
    2 Brees
    In no particular order now.
    3 Schaub
    4 Rodgers
    5 Farve
    6 Rivers
    7 McNabb
    8 Flacco
    9 Romo
    10 Warner
    11 Campbell
    12 The Other Manning
    13 Vince Young
    14 that moron in Pittsburgh
    15 that NFL propped up ego in NE.

Thats how someone could look at it.
    If you think Jason Campbell is a better qb than Palmer, you must be Al Davis secretly posting as Slyder.

I could also argue Flacco and to some extent Vince Young who was benched last season for Kerry Collins ugggh.

Palmer with these three receivers is going to have a big year. I think what is often overlooked with Palmer is his completion percentage when it counts. Last season on third down he was at 61% completions, with these three he should be at 61% percent for the year not just on third down.

P.S. Warner retired.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    If you think Jason Campbell is a better qb than Palmer, you must be Al Davis secretly posting as Slyder.

I could also argue Flacco and to some extent Vince Young who was benched last season for Kerry Collins ugggh.

Palmer with these three receivers is going to have a big year. I think what is often overlooked with Palmer is his completion percentage when it counts. Last season on third down he was at 61% completions, with these three he should be at 61% percent for the year not just on third down.

P.S. Warner retired.
    Im saying thats how some could look at it. Campbell had a better rating last season than Carson did with much less offensive help IMO . Should be interesting to see how this year goes. Vince came in and just reinvigorated that entire team havent seen Carson truely do that since the year he got his knee Von Olehoffen'd.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

Rumors circulating that the team could cut Antonio Bryant soon.

Turn Off Ads?