Turn Off Ads?
Page 58 of 68 FirstFirst ... 848545556575859606162 ... LastLast

Thread: Bengals 2010 pt. I

Re: Bengals 2010

Quote Originally Posted by guttle11 View Post
    I'd do it. One year, all out for a title. When the new CBA comes around chances are Marvin is gone, half the good players will be gone and the Bengals will be left with Palmer and a bunch of slop. As far as I'm concerned 2010 is the last stand for many years. Things will change quickly. I'm all for going full out this year.
    Why would the new CBA have a lower cap on salaries? Are you thinking there will not be one so they will get rid of half the team? If there is not a cap....are not most of the players signed long term here.

2. Turn Off Ads?

QB JT O'Sullivan was cut and QB Dan LeFevour was signed.

I was hoping the Bengals were going to pick up another QB because they were in big trouble with O'Sullivan as a backup.

That is a good...prospect.....someone to develop to actually be a No. 2.

Now maybe they pickup Matt L as the actual number 2.

Quote Originally Posted by CTA513 View Post
    QB JT O'Sullivan was cut and QB Dan LeFevour was signed.
    that seems like a very weird trade off.

C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CTA513 View Post
    Adam Schefter is saying the Bengals are finalizing a trade that would send CB David Jones to the Jaguars for Safety Reggie Nelson.
    I love this trade. This is the type of player that I believe will turn it around under Mike Zimmer. He had a pretty good rookie season (5 INT's) but kinda fell off. If he is used in coverage as a safety he could be a ballhawk.

As for Leinart, its looking like he is going to sign with the Texans.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Blowing away bad memories Redsfan320's Avatar

YES!! Sullivan is gone!! Now just to get rid of Lil' Palmer!!!

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    that seems like a very weird trade off.
    Yes. A guy who struggles with any kind of pressure for a guy with a noodle-arm.

Bratkowski's system is kind of a dink-and-dunk system anyway, though I've never understood how they've pulled that off without using a Tight End to catch passes, or a Runningback who catches passes.

DLF (Dan LeFevour,...hence forward I'm not spelling that out...it's as bad as trying to spell Ghiaciuc all those years) could probably perform in a system where he only had to throw about 15 times a game. That's fine for a backup for the Bengals.

Kitna had a noodle-arm and he did good (if not for the pixie-hands and the 25 fumbles and throws into the chests of Linebackers every season). We'll see.

Ugh ... Housh is now a Raven. Say it ain't so, TJ!
    "I talked to an advance scout that told me if Joey Votto and Albert Pujols were on the same team he'd advise his team to do the unthinkable...pitch around Votto to get to Pujols." - Buster Olney, ESPN

the Ravens sure do love their possession receivers.

Jordan Palmer is the number 2 QB now. Honestly doesnt seem terrible considering he greatly out performed JT.

BobC, get a legit F.O.! Mario-Rijo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    the Ravens sure do love their possession receivers.
    I think he's more than just a mere pos. WR. The guy is an absolute technician when it comes to working underneath coverage (both short and intermediate routes) and because of that will open up some down the field plays for himself and others. I knew Matt Hasselbeck couldn't take advantage of him (arm strength) especially without a complimentary WR of note, but Baltimore has both. Sure TJ doesn't have blazing speed but you'd be hard pressed IMO to find a more complete and productive WR without that blazing speed.

Chad, TJ and Slim was an awesome triumverant of talent that was so perfectly complimentary that you almost couldn't duplicate it and I don't expect to see that TJ again but he will cause us some problems stopping that offense with he Boldin, Rice and Flacco. Moving those chains just got a whole lot easier for them which also in turn helps that defense. Good thing Ed Reed won't be playing for 6 weeks.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

I like the pickup of DLF. He will be a more than capable backup and could develop into the type of guy needed to successfully spell Carson for a longer period of time than Jordan can.

Quote Originally Posted by Mario-Rijo View Post
    I think he's more than just a mere pos. WR. The guy is an absolute technician when it comes to working underneath coverage (both short and intermediate routes) and because of that will open up some down the field plays for himself and others. I knew Matt Hasselbeck couldn't take advantage of him (arm strength) especially without a complimentary WR of note, but Baltimore has both. Sure TJ doesn't have blazing speed but you'd be hard pressed IMO to find a more complete and productive WR without that blazing speed.

Chad, TJ and Slim was an awesome triumverant of talent that was so perfectly complimentary that you almost couldn't duplicate it and I don't expect to see that TJ again but he will cause us some problems stopping that offense with he Boldin, Rice and Flacco. Moving those chains just got a whole lot easier for them which also in turn helps that defense. Good thing Ed Reed won't be playing for 6 weeks.
    TJ is good, but the Ravens have Mason, Boldin, and TJ now. They are all pretty similar skill set. Thats all I was getting at.

TJ had the chance to return to the Bengals for about the same contract he got from Seattle. He wanted to prove to everyone he was a #1 WR like he kept saying he was and signed with Seattle. 1 year later and hes cut by Seattle and finds himself as the #3 WR (that will probably change) for the Ravens.

He also had this to say about the difference between Cincinnati and Seattle after leaving:

"It’s so different from Cincinnati, where I played for eight years. When you’d go out there, there were always people stopping you to take your picture or get your autograph. In Seattle, you can just go about your business. There are so many millionaires out there that they couldn’t care less who you are."

Turn Off Ads?