Turn Off Ads?
Page 59 of 68 FirstFirst ... 949555657585960616263 ... LastLast

Thread: Bengals 2010 pt. I

Re: Bengals 2010

"Mason, you go 8 yards deep on the left Corner. Housh, you go 8 yards deep off the Left Tackle. Heap, you go 8 yards deep off the Right Tackle. Boldin, you go 8 yards deep on the right Corner. Rice, you go 2 yards deep over the Center. On three. Let's go!"

2. Turn Off Ads?

With Oneil Cousins currently playing Right Tackle for the opener against the J-E-T-S, Flacco won't have any time to wait for one of their slow-footed Receivers to go long. It'll be hard to imagine him having time to throw a pass more than 12 yards down the field next Monday Night. Their two speediest Receivers, Demarius Williams and Mark Clayton are off the team.

Flacco could break the completion percentage record this year.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 09-06-2010 at 07:26 PM.

We have the CB depth to handle the Ravens' recievers, so not as worried about TJ going to a rival as some are.

Until Baltimore can prove their secondary and pass protection won't be pure garbage, I'm not worried about them.

Cornerbacks don't cover Tight Ends, Runningbacks, or Slot Receivers that run deep routes.

The Bengals are going to have plenty of problems with Baltimore's Offense, as will every other team in the NFL who plays them.

Anyone want to explain to me why every talking head is picking the Ravens over the Bengals, and everyone thinks the Bengals are the 3rd best team in the AFC north?

Seriously what did I miss? Ravens added Boldin, and recently Housh, but dont have Reed. Steelers have lost their RT, their QB, and missed the playoffs last year. They are getting Polamalu back but come on you telling me getting him back some how makes them better than the Bengals?

I'm really confused how those teams are getting better play, than the Bengals who added a great looking TE, added a big WR although aging, added another good looking WR, already have Benson, and are returning a top D with added talent. Not to mention Palmer had an average year at best.

Is there something I am missing? Its like they are taking highest projections from the Ravens and grading the Bengals as completely average at best.
    Last edited by GIDP; 09-07-2010 at 08:46 AM.

13 Belongs in Cooperstown Captain13's Avatar

The national media HATES Cincinnati. They always underestimate the Bengals and the Reds. It's all about the East/West Coast Bias, and everything in fly-over country stinks. Who-Dey!
    What if this is as good as it gets?

I'm not really seeing the coast biases. Packers are picked by a lot of teams, Colts get picked every year. Falcons are getting picked in the South by some, and the Titans are picked in the WC by a few.

It could be the Cincinnati hate thing for sure though.

Bengals have an absolutely brutal schedule.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

It's the Bengals haven't been good in 15 yrs bias. Team needs to put a string of good seasons together to have folks forget about the Bungles. Lewis has always stated the hardest part of coaching this team was changing the culture of it.

I think the Bengals have a good shot to win the North however their schedule is pretty brutal. Baltimore might have an easier road to win the North.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain13 View Post
    The national media HATES Cincinnati. They always underestimate the Bengals and the Reds. It's all about the East/West Coast Bias, and everything in fly-over country stinks. Who-Dey!
    I don't know that the national media hates Cincinnati as much as it is that they just don't respect the teams. The Reds have been bad for so long, so most people (media and fans alike) have been taking a wait-and-see attitude and will remain skeptical until the bitter end.

Same thing with the Bengals. I think the thinking goes something like "They're the Bengals, so it's not normal for them to be good. They're the Steelers/Ravens, so it's not normal for them to not be good. There's no way the Bengals are going to be better than those teams two years in a row."

Swap the players and they'd still be picking Baltimore and Pittsburgh.

The Baltimore hype I can kinda see, but anyone who picks Pittsburgh 2nd is picking based on the uniform and helmets the team will wear. They're picking them because they're the Steelers.

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

As for the National Media, Peter King hates Mike Brown and rarely gives the Bengals credit. He is probably one of the loudest voices in the NFL. Just a few years ago the Bengals were the trendy pick in the NFL so I don't exactly think the entire national media hates the Bengals.

None of the talking heads have said the schedule is the reason from what I have seen.

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    None of the talking heads have said the schedule is the reason from what I have seen.
    The schedule is always the reason. The North is tough this year and they play the Pats, Jets, Dolphins, Chargers, and Colts in the AFC.

It is the reason why teams dont do well, but thats not the reason they have been giving. It's basically been how the Ravens and Steelers have improved, and then they just mention that the bengals lost in the playoffs.

Clearly I guess i havent missed something and people who talk just like to hype up their own hype.

Turn Off Ads?