Turn Off Ads?
Page 60 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1050565758596061626364 ... LastLast

Thread: Bengals 2010 pt. I

Re: Bengals 2010

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    The schedule is always the reason. The North is tough this year and they play the Pats, Jets, Dolphins, Chargers, and Colts in the AFC.
    The schedule among division rivals only differs by 2 games. So for that to truly matter, the Bengals would have to lose to both the Colts and Chargers, and the Steelers and Ravens would have to win both their differing games. Could happen, but not all that likely.

In the end the race will likely come down to the 14 shared games. All three play the Patriots, Dolphins, Jets, Saints and Falcons along with each other twice. Considering the Bengals swept both the Ravens and Steelers last year, I think logically the Bengals would have to be the favorite. It's not like the Bengals got worse, they actually improved on paper. And they aren't locked in to playing a quarter of the season with a backup and/or third string QB.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    TJ is good, but the Ravens have Mason, Boldin, and TJ now. They are all pretty similar skill set. Thats all I was getting at.
    I thought Mason retired during the off-season?

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post

Nope

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    He retired before last season because he couldn't get the contract he wanted. Once he got the contract he unretired.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    Bengals have an absolutely brutal schedule.

That's one reason.

Another is that they were among the league's worst last year (29th out of 32 teams) at getting pressure on the Quarterback.

Another is that Carson is considered to be no better than Chad Pennington 3 years ago until he proves otherwise. All of the excuses about not having enough Receivers doesn't change the fact that he has overthrown the ones he's had for a couple of years now while displaying the happy feet of a Rookie NFL Quarterback.

Ghiaciuc can't be blamed anymore.

They don't have a back that can catch passes out of the backfield making them have to pull their #1 RB on 3rd Downs.

They have Marvin Lewis as a Coach who has traditionally choked down the stretch (missed playoff opportunities twice after having an easy road in December to reach the playoffs) and anytime he has time to prepare for a game (has only won a game once where he's had 2 weeks to prepare).

They are the Bengals (at least that's what a lot of people still think).

The #1 reason......most pundits are IDIOTS!!!!!!

The Bengals will win the Division again and Marvin Lewis and Mike Brown will finally win a playoff game.

Straight from TJs mouth:

8. Houshmandzadeh said contrary to popular belief, he influenced former Cincinnati Bengals teammate Chad Ochocinco, not the other way around. "I rubbed off on him. That's the truth."

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/spor...eh_speaks.html

At least we can finally confirm why the cancer in Chads attitude went away.

I hope Sunday we can play ball control football, therefore keeping the ball out of the hands of Tom Brady and co.

Even if we choose to pass, it's not like NE has the best cornerbacks in the world.

On paper, things look good, but it's the intangibles I worry about. Playing on the road, and having a close game where Tom Brady has a shot to win it late.

I cant wait for Sunday. Preseason has been way too long.

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

Time for some predictions for Sunday?

Mine: Bengals 24, Patsies 20

I havent even thought about it.

The Bengals gave up something like 18 points per game last year, and top 5 lowest YPG. The Bengals pass D should be improved a little, and they got a little more experience on the D side especially at line backer. I could see the numbers improving or at least being similar. I dont expect a lot of fall off if there is some.

On the other hand the Patriots gave up less points but more yards. They havent exactly had great offseason, Moss doesnt seem happy, Welker coming off a knee problem, and who knows what they got planned for the Bengals. Playing in NE is never easy.

I could see the Bengals scoring 21+, and honestly I feel like that would be enough to win the game baring what happens in the turn over battle. So I'm going with 21-17.

Patriots 28
    Bengals 24
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    Patriots 28
    Bengals 24
    Sounds about right.

The good news: my local CBS affiliate shows every Patriots game, so I'll get to see Sunday's game. Sweeeeet.

The bad news: I'm surrounded by Patriot (and Giants) fans, so I have to listen to their crap constantly. A win by the Bengals and at least I'd be able to shut up the Patriot fans.

Prediction #1 (my heart): Bengals 27, Pats 24
    Prediction #2 (my brain): Pats 31, Bengals 20

Hopefully we'll see A) last year's defense, without the injuries that mounted throughout the season on that side of the ball, and B) a rejuvenated passing attack led by a healthy Carson Palmer, featuring two stud veteran WR's and an actual threat at TE (Gresham), and an OL that actually gives the QB time to throw downfield.

The difference in the game - turnovers and red zone efficiency. WHO DEY!

Personally I think the Pats will stomp us, but hopefully not.

Turn Off Ads?