Turn Off Ads?
Page 61 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1151575859606162636465 ... LastLast

Thread: Bengals 2010 pt. I

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

Re: Bengals 2010

The Bengals only gave up more than 29 points twice last season, and one of the games was the week 17 NY Jets disaster. I don't see the Patriots scoring 28+ against them.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Seems like we have some ESPN and NFL network talking heads posting on the board this year. Which one of you is Joe Theisman?!

I'm not liking the Bengals chances this year with that schedule. I see an 8-8 finish.

I will say, though, I'm not seeing the Ravens being as good as ESPN is apparently making them out to be. Everyone keeps saying they have an "elite" QB and I just don't see it. I think Flacco is terribly overrated.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus the Pimp View Post
    I'm not liking the Bengals chances this year with that schedule. I see an 8-8 finish.

I will say, though, I'm not seeing the Ravens being as good as ESPN is apparently making them out to be. Everyone keeps saying they have an "elite" QB and I just don't see it. I think Flacco is terribly overrated.
    The Ravens scored a decent amount of points last year, and still had a good D. That can all change if they dont lead the league in turn over differential again.

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus the Pimp View Post

Screw ESPN. They really know very little about NFL football.

Last year they had the Bengals ranked 24th in their preseason power poll with this to say:

Love this year's version of "Hard Knocks." Unfortunately, the Bengals' playoff hopes can be summed up by Chad Ochocinco's trademark saying: "Child, please."
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings/_/year/2009

In that same poll they had the Steelers #1, the Giants #3 and the Saints #18.

They are a front running network. They love the big markets and the past champions and other than that they're really quite clueless

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    They are a front running network. They love the big markets and the past champions and other than that they're really quite clueless
    That honestly is the case of 2/3s of the media. They praise the big teams and champs most of all. Or they praise the local team and champs.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Screw ESPN. They really know very little about NFL football.

Last year they had the Bengals ranked 24th in their preseason power poll with this to say:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings/_/year/2009

In that same poll they had the Steelers #1, the Giants #3 and the Saints #18.

ESPN is owned by The Disney Corporation. That's all you need to know. Picture Donald Duck whenever one of them talks about sports trying to give an intelligent opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_the_Red View Post
    The Bengals only gave up more than 29 points twice last season, and one of the games was the week 17 NY Jets disaster. I don't see the Patriots scoring 28+ against them.
    Almost didn't have to worry about the Pats scoring much at all, Brady was in a car accident this morning, all heck broke loose up here, but it turns out he walked away from the accident and went to the Stadium.

If you think ESPN's nonsense about sports is bad, the irresponsible, sensationalized, garbage rumors I was hearing on the radio this morning about Brady's supposed condition when he was supposedly taken to the hospital.
    Last edited by blumj; 09-09-2010 at 12:02 PM.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    The Ravens scored a decent amount of points last year, and still had a good D. That can all change if they dont lead the league in turn over differential again.
    I wouldn't call the Ravens D good. They have issues at DB, Ed Reed is old and out the first 6 games, and Ray Lewis isn't getting any younger. If the Ravens are going to win its going to be on offense. Lets not forget that TJ is a glorified TE right now and Derrick Mason is 2 years removed from retiring. I think the Ravens are terribly over rated at this point. Although I think Ray Rice is scary good.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    I wouldn't call the Ravens D good. They have issues at DB, Ed Reed is old and out the first 6 games, and Ray Lewis isn't getting any younger. If the Ravens are going to win its going to be on offense. Lets not forget that TJ is a glorified TE right now and Derrick Mason is 2 years removed from retiring. I think the Ravens are terribly over rated at this point. Although I think Ray Rice is scary good.
    Last year they had a good one. They easily could take a step back, and I'd be surprised if they didnt.

That said they are still a good team, and they are very much over hyped.

I still have questions about Joe Flacco as well.

For whatever reason, the Bengals with Carson Palmer always play well against the Ravens. I'm not too scared of them, considering their depletion in the secondary. And TJ isn't a great slot WR. You want speed in the slot, which TJ lacks. I'll gladly take Adam Jones covering him in the nickel position. Boldin is the one that worries me, but JJ is a very good CB in his own right. And, as mentioned earlier, not sold on Flacco either.

On a side note, the Bengals actually have expectations this year -- which scares me for whatever reason. 2006 was a disappointing year and it could be just like that this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Oxilon View Post
    For whatever reason, the Bengals with Carson Palmer always play well against the Ravens. I'm not too scared of them, considering their depletion in the secondary. And TJ isn't a great slot WR. You want speed in the slot, which TJ lacks. I'll gladly take Adam Jones covering him in the nickel position. Boldin is the one that worries me, but JJ is a very good CB in his own right. And, as mentioned earlier, not sold on Flacco either.

On a side note, the Bengals actually have expectations this year -- which scares me for whatever reason. 2006 was a disappointing year and it could be just like that this season.
    Actually the Bengals had a very good team in 2006 and started off 3-0 as I recall. Then injuries set in. Braham and Levi went down killing the O-line and I believe Chris Henry was either hurt or suspended a great deal that year.

In the NFL injuries happen and with a 53 man roster, you can only handle so many. Every team is vulnerable to injuries

They also got screwed in Tampa for a roughing the passer penalty on a sack negating a fumble that the Bengals recovered.

then they were a botched extra point from tieing a game in Denver, and a blown FG snap from winning against pitt.

all 3 of those games would have put them into the playoffs. They easily should have went 10-6 that year.

Turn Off Ads?