Turn Off Ads?
Page 19 of 50 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Thread: Jeff Passan: Reds sign Cuban lefty Aroldis Chapman to six-year deal (Financials TBD)

Re: Jeff Passan: Reds sign Cuban lefty Aroldis Chapman to five-year, $25 million cont

Quote Originally Posted by Krusty View Post
    I just hope Bailey, Chapman and Cueto can be just as successful as Maddux, Smoltz and Glavine were for the Braves.
    I'd be happy with 75% of that.
    "But I do know Joey's sister indirectly (or foster sister) and I have heard stories of Joey being into shopping, designer wear, fancy coffees, and pedicures."

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Jeff Passan: Reds sign Cuban lefty Aroldis Chapman to five-year, $25 million cont

This has to be the best kept secret of the baseball offseason.
    If you think small, you'll go nowhere in life.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I'd be happy with 75% of that.
    75% of Maddux, Smoltz and Glavine would allow the Reds to dominate the NL Central for the next 5 years. I'll take that 100 times out of 100.
    Championships Matter.
    23 Years and Counting...

Quote Originally Posted by Krusty View Post
    This has to be the best kept secret of the baseball offseason.
    How to pronounce "Aroldis?"

"Bring on Rod Stupid!"

All dyslexics must untie!

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    His full name is Albertin Aroldis Chapman de la Cruz.
    "you killed my father...prepare to die"
    Never overlook the obvious

I was thinking about the Marketing possibilities. Chapman seems like a guy who truly loves the game (youtube his interview with Jorge Arangure) and wants to be a star. I think we can market him and he could make a lot of his money that way. It will take awhile due to the language, but I'm sure he will want it. This kid is the definition of a Superstar in the Making.
    Domo Arigato, Here Comes Joey Votto

---TRF

"I do what I want to do and say what I want to say."

--Bronson Arroyo

Premature marketing tag-line for 2010: The Latin invasion.
    What if this wasn't a rhetorical question?

All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

guess we know where Walt went out of the county to now.

I love the move and if it doesn't work out, it's not so much money that it will cripple the club. Solid move by the Reds.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Boom Goes the Dynamite Screwball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nate View Post
    How to pronounce "Aroldis?"

In this video the announcer calls him ar-DAL-is Chapman, but given the spelling that doesn't sound right. Then again Favre doesn't sound right either.

So that you guys know, the media will be panning this move now that the Reds have made it. Jerry Crasnick is already talking about how much of a big risk it is.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Pitching is the thing WVRedsFan's Avatar

Fantastic move by the Reds. I was totally unprepared for this, as was most everyone. In their giddiness, I hope Zoners realize that he is a prospect and nothing more. I hope they realize that the club needs a shortstop and a left fielder and that Chapman will likely start the season in AA or AAA. Didn't Tom Petty say the waiting was the hardest part?

Pitching is the thing WVRedsFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jpup View Post
    So that you guys know, the media will be panning this move now that the Reds have made it. Jerry Crasnick is already talking about how much of a big risk it is.
    It's always a risk unless you're Boston or the Yankees. That is, according to the baseball writers and Jim Bowden.

I say joke 'em...

Battle Toad Historian thatcoolguy_22's Avatar

I just woke up. Its 10 am in Korea. WTF?!?!?!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

I don't even know what to say. Amazing
    "Last week I helped my friend stay put. It's a lot easier'n helpin' 'em move. I just went over to his house and made sure that he did not start to load **** into a truck."

Wow, I never expected Chapman to sign with the Reds.

Hope he lives up to expectations.

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Re: Jeff Passan of Yahoo: Reds to sign Cuban lefty Aroldis Chapman?

Quote Originally Posted by TheNext44 View Post
    If this is true, does this mean that Harang or Arroyo will be traded? Jocketty did say that the team was at payroll limit. Unless the deal is backloaded, I don't see how Reds can afford all three.
    Trade Arroyo.

Go get a legit SS.

Turn Off Ads?