Turn Off Ads?
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 404647484950

Thread: Jeff Passan: Reds sign Cuban lefty Aroldis Chapman to six-year deal (Financials TBD)

Re: Jeff Passan: Reds sign Cuban lefty Aroldis Chapman to six-year deal (Financials T

Exactly one year ago today the Reds signed Aroldis Chapman. I remember it like it was yesterday. I was watching bowling and decided to log onto Redszone and twitter during a commercial break. That's when I saw the news breaking that Chapman had signed with a mystery National League team...then it was narrowed down to a NL Central team, and then I read the news that Chapman had boared a plane headed to Cincinnati. I'll never forget how excited I was. It had been a very boring offseason up to that point. Up until Jay Bruce's walk-off division clinching HR on September 28th, the day Chapman signed was probably the most I had been excited about the Reds since they acquired Ken Griffey Jr. back in February 2000.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Jeff Passan: Reds sign Cuban lefty Aroldis Chapman to six-year deal (Financials T

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Exactly one year ago today the Reds signed Aroldis Chapman. I remember it like it was yesterday. I was watching bowling and decided to log onto Redszone and twitter during a commercial break. That's when I saw the news breaking that Chapman had signed with a mystery National League team...then it was narrowed down to a NL Central team, and then I read the news that Chapman had boared a plane headed to Cincinnati. I'll never forget how excited I was. It had been a very boring offseason up to that point. Up until Jay Bruce's walk-off division clinching HR on September 28th, the day Chapman signed was probably the most I had been excited about the Reds since they acquired Ken Griffey Jr. back in February 2000.
    It happened during the Green Bay loss; that I remember very clearly. So maybe BOTH teams will go further in the playoffs this year. (reaching, I know)
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I'm ecstatic about this move, as is everyone. The question I have is, does it make you more excited for the 2010 season? For me, it doesn't change my outlook on it much, other than the excitement of maybe seeing him pitch for the first time, but I still don't see this team as a contender in 2010. Is the fact that this signing gives hope that the FO is trying to create a winner giving more people excitement?

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post
    It happened during the Green Bay loss; that I remember very clearly. So maybe BOTH teams will go further in the playoffs this year. (reaching, I know)
    Green Bay loses this weekend.

Sincerely,
    A Falcons Fan

But believe me, ironically I was rooting for Philly yesterday. But I'm not unhappy seeing Vick lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post
    Fairly certain you weren't alone there.

Re: Jeff Passan of Yahoo: Reds to sign Cuban lefty Aroldis Chapman?

Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Here's Jim Bowden's Twitter:

Industry split on Aroldis Chapman. Has to be a "Scouts" over all other info org. Chapman LH with 97mph arm..lacks command and smarts

http://twitter.com/JimBowdenIV
    Wow, no wonder Bowden always struggled to find pitchers. When he saw 97 mph on the gun, he just assumed it was straight heat. Guess he never could differentiate b/w pitches

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

The rest of Bowden's report said "Isn't willing to wear leather pants."

Turn Off Ads?