Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So... With the addition of Chapman, where does the Reds farm rank now?

So... With the addition of Chapman, where does the Reds farm rank now?

I'm guessing this would move the Reds into the top 10, if not the top 5...
    2010 Mock Draft Selections (picking for Rays)

Bryce Brentz
    Brandon Workman
    Kris Bryant
    Matt Lipka
    Rick Hague

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: So... With the addition of Chapman, where does the Reds farm rank now?

I'll be very interested to see where him and strasburg are on prospect list's. Top 10 for both maybe?

Jim Callis from this weeks ESPN chat...

Drew (Winnipeg)

Why so down on Chapman? Sorry if it's asked and answered elsewhere. I do read BA, but my memory isn't always picture perfect.
    Jim Callis
    (2:54 PM)

Not down on him, and I'd see him as a Top 25 prospect or so, but my enthusiasm is tempered by the number of Cuban defectors who haven't lived up to expectations, and the fact that his radar-gun reading are a lot more exciting than his pitchability.
    2010 Mock Draft Selections (picking for Rays)

Bryce Brentz
    Brandon Workman
    Kris Bryant
    Matt Lipka
    Rick Hague

Alonso and Frazier are in Project Prospect's Top 25 position player list and Mike Leake's in the Top 15 pitchers. Add in both Chris Heisey (#9 OF) and Juan Francisco (#13 3B), along with Chapman and there are probably six Reds in the Top 100.

Add in the upside SSs from AA down, CF talent in Y-Rod, Silva, and Fellhauer, plus lesser prospective talents in Wood and Maloney (not to mention the plethora of relievers and possible relievers in AAA and AA) and the Reds' minor league farm system may the best combination of depth and talent anywhere.

The Reds definitely belong in the top 10, IMO.

They should be WELL inside the top 10, in my opinion.

Doesn't really matter when you have a Manager who'd rather play a Corey Patterson, Jerry Hairston, Willy Taveras, or an aging Scott Rolen (think 2011 when Rolen continues to stunt the growth of players who would have been better than him if they'd been given the chance to play in 2009 and 2010) over these guys. Baker will probably be back for 2011. Castellini likes him.

Who kicked your cat? Or is negativity just your way of coping??....Life is like a box of chocolates...so enjoy it

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Doesn't really matter when you have a Manager who'd rather play a Corey Patterson, Jerry Hairston, Willy Taveras, or an aging Scott Rolen (think 2011 when Rolen continues to stunt the growth of players who would have been better than him if they'd been given the chance to play in 2009 and 2010) over these guys. Baker will probably be back for 2011. Castellini likes him.
    I heard BC has soured on Baker.

We have no up and coming major league quality prospects at third base. Signing Rolen was a good move.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Ah yes, the same old tired canards which haven't really been born out by the facts. I don't disagree that Baker may well be back and I won't suggest that signing Patterson and Taveras were mistakes, Patterson was relegated to the minors when he performed so dismally and only found his way back after a raft of injuries. The same for Hairston until he was traded. Taveras was a mistake through and through, but even he was set on the bench.

Baker continues to play our youngsters with some exceptions (Dickerson, as some have pointed out). He's not perfect as a manager, and at times he leaves you scratching your head, but the perception of vet love, IMO, hasn't really played out as much as some here on RZ want to believe.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

MinorLeagueBall.com is doing its community rankings right now. Chapman looks like he is about to land in the #23 spot.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    MinorLeagueBall.com is doing its community rankings right now. Chapman looks like he is about to land in the #23 spot.
    But that's only because they had already completed the top 21/22 before Chapman signed, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    But that's only because they had already completed the top 21/22 before Chapman signed, correct?
    No. He has been on the poll for a while now.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    No. He has been on the poll for a while now.
    Wow, that's crazy, IMO. They have Chapman ranked below other lefties like Madison Bumgarner, Martin Perez, and Christian Friedrich. I don't know about you guys, but I'd much rather have Chapman than those three guys. In fact, I'd take Chapman over everyone on that list except for maybe Stephen Strasburg and Jason Heyward.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Wow, that's crazy, IMO. They have Chapman ranked below other lefties like Madison Bumgarner, Martin Perez, and Christian Friedrich. I don't know about you guys, but I'd much rather have Chapman than those three guys. In fact, I'd take Chapman over everyone on that list except for maybe Stephen Strasburg and Jason Heyward.
    Much rather have Chapman than Bumgarner. Friedrich, I am not sure about. Perez, I honestly would need to talk to my friend who is a scout and loves the Rangers to get a better feel on him first.

Turn Off Ads?