Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Green Bay Packers @ Arizona Cardinals

Re: Green Bay Packers @ Arizona Cardinals

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    It helped to have a team mascot that flew this weekend.
    Tell that to the Eagles.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

2. Turn Off Ads?

That was some game. Reminded me of a great prizefight with multiple knockdowns
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

For a Level Playing Field

Coddling of QBs? Refs are too protective? Geez, how about a 15-yard-penalty that wasn't called and ended up being the last play of the game?!? Cannot argue with the below picture. A 15-yarder... and not a "protect the QB" type of call. A call that should draw a flag for any player. No flag and Green Bay loses. The proper call is made and Green Bay has 1st-and-10 from their own 35-yard-line.

Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966 View Post
    Coddling of QBs? Refs are too protective? Geez, how about a 15-yard-penalty that wasn't called and ended up being the last play of the game?!? Cannot argue with the below picture. A 15-yarder... and not a "protect the QB" type of call. A call that should draw a flag for any player. No flag and Green Bay loses. The proper call is made and Green Bay has 1st-and-10 from their own 35-yard-line.
    He also got blasted with "helmet-to-helmet" contact on the play before, when the Packers first down was called back for offensive holding, which put Green Bay in a 2nd-and-20 situation.
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

I thought the officiating in the NFL playoff games was poor all weekend. The refs missed Joe Flacco picking up a first down late against the Patriots, a blown call barely corrected by replay review, and I am convinced that the Ravens made their two point conversion attempt after their last touchdown.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBaron View Post
    I thought the officiating in the NFL playoff games was poor all weekend. The refs missed Joe Flacco picking up a first down late against the Patriots, a blown call barely corrected by replay review, and I am convinced that the Ravens made their two point conversion attempt after their last touchdown.
    One complaint I don't have about the Bengals game was the officiating. I thought they got the calls right and it was fair for both sides. That's about all you can ask of a crew.

Turn Off Ads?