Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Roster move or moves after Chapman?

Re: Roster move or moves after Chapman?

I expect one of Harang and Arroyo to be dealt before the end of July.

I expect at least two of the following three to be dealt before Opening Day 2011: Yonder Alonso, Brandon Phillips, Juan Francisco.

I expect Brandon Phillips to be the first one dealt. Just idle speculation, though....
    Chad D
    Redleg Nation: A Cincinnati Reds Blog, Fan Community, and Therapy Group

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by RedlegNation View Post
    I expect one of Harang and Arroyo to be dealt before the end of July.

I expect at least two of the following three to be dealt before Opening Day 2011: Yonder Alonso, Brandon Phillips, Juan Francisco.

I expect Brandon Phillips to be the first one dealt. Just idle speculation, though....
    I suspect you are right but I look at it this way:
    At least 1 of the 2 will be gone: Harang, Arroyo
    1 will be traded out of: Stubbs, Heisey, Dickerson
    At least 1 will be traded: Francisco, Alonso,
    Phillips and Cordero are the flex options, if we feel 2011 is the year it all comes together both of them stay. If the necessary steps forward aren't displayed in 2010 they are both moved at the deadline for a more thorough rebuild.

Quote Originally Posted by tripleaaaron View Post
    I suspect you are right but I look at it this way:
    At least 1 of the 2 will be gone: Harang, Arroyo
    1 will be traded out of: Stubbs, Heisey, Dickerson
    At least 1 will be traded: Francisco, Alonso,
    Phillips and Cordero are the flex options, if we feel 2011 is the year it all comes together both of them stay. If the necessary steps forward aren't displayed in 2010 they are both moved at the deadline for a more thorough rebuild.
    Good post. Summarizes it well. Of course, it's possible Alonso could stay with Votto being traded. Would take a blockbuster but they both can't play first base, someone has to move position or team.

The Reds now have very few longstanding vets on the club. Harang, Arroyo, Rhodes, Hernandez all are signed only one more year if I'm correct. Only Rolen and Cordero have multiple years left. I guess you can count Phillips.

So there aren't a lot of veterans to deal. Reds have to make a decision on the younger players soon.

Turn Off Ads?