Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mark McGwire admits steroird use.

Mark McGwire admits steroird use.

Fox News just reported that Mark Mcgwire has issued a statement that stated he did use steroids during his home run chase and that he apologizes for it. Trying to find a link online but no luck so far.

Found a link:

Mark McGwire finally came clean Monday, admitting he used steroids when he broke baseball's home run record in 1998. McGwire said in a statement sent to The Associated Press on Monday that he used steroids on and off for nearly a decade.
    http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory?id=9533663
    Last edited by jimbo; 01-11-2010 at 04:09 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Mark McGwire admits steroird use.

Wow, water is wet, the sky is blue...

Can MLB force him talk about other he knows of?

Talk or you can not be a MLB hitting coach?

Quote Originally Posted by Krawhitham View Post
    Can MLB force him talk about other he knows of?

Talk or you can not be a MLB hitting coach?
    theyre not gonna do that. selig is a tool. not to mention any players he mentioned would sue his ass off

McGwire showed more class at the congress hearings than Palmeiro who denied it majorly, and Sosa who pretended to not understand english. I thought it was crazy how they made McGwire out to be worse than the rest of the people on that stand, when he just chose to not lie about it. Hopefully this will take some heat off of him eventually since he came clean, he seems to genuinely be a nice guy any time i've ever heard him do interviews. I'm just annoyed that he admitted to it, because now espn is going to be all about steroids for another month.
    I don't think he should come clean about other players, only a rat like canseco would do that. He took care of himself, its up to other players to come clean, not his business to bring them out.

Canseco just looks smarter and smarter everyday.

Too bad MLB and Selig didn't want to listen to him, let alone Congress.

Now that MLB is a big fat cash cow again after steroid-induced home runs brought the fans back, I guess they can just poo-poo everything that comes out now and "forgive the past".

It's a freakin joke that McGwire et al can not only be forgiven but can work in MLB, but Pete Rose continues to be black-balled.

PEACE

-BLEEDS
    I think that in a year or two, one of these guys - Frazier, Dorn, Valaika, Cumberland, Stubbs - will be ready to replace Dunn. They won't hit as many home runs as Dunn, but they should have similar OPS. - 757690, July 22, 2008

Alonso will be playing 1B for the REDS and batting 4th one year from today. - Kingspoint, July 9, 2009

Quote Originally Posted by mroby85 View Post
    McGwire showed more class at the congress hearings than Palmeiro who denied it majorly, and Sosa who pretended to not understand english. I thought it was crazy how they made McGwire out to be worse than the rest of the people on that stand, when he just chose to not lie about it. Hopefully this will take some heat off of him eventually since he came clean, he seems to genuinely be a nice guy any time i've ever heard him do interviews. I'm just annoyed that he admitted to it, because now espn is going to be all about steroids for another month.
    I don't think he should come clean about other players, only a rat like canseco would do that. He took care of himself, its up to other players to come clean, not his business to bring them out.
    I fully agree. At this point we just have to be honest, everyone is guilty until proven innocent. It's a harsh and sad reality. That being said, McGwire was treated like he committed perjury and lied in the face of America. That's just not true. McGwire was not there to talk about the past and simply stated that. Yet people don't seem to be as harsh on Palmeiro, who flat out lied. I just don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by GBC Red View Post
    I fully agree. At this point we just have to be honest, everyone is guilty until proven innocent. It's a harsh and sad reality. That being said, McGwire was treated like he committed perjury and lied in the face of America. That's just not true. McGwire was not there to talk about the past and simply stated that. Yet people don't seem to be as harsh on Palmeiro, who flat out lied. I just don't get it.
    i would imagine more people are more harsh on mcgwire because a) he had home run records/ homerun race with sosa b) hes coming back into baseball as a coach. palmerio has basically fell flat off the earth.

How ridiculous is that though? they both cheated, and did the same exact thing. McGwire just takes more grief because he was better at baseball. I agree with you, that's probably why, but it's not right.

Quote Originally Posted by BLEEDS View Post
    Canseco just looks smarter and smarter everyday.

Too bad MLB and Selig didn't want to listen to him, let alone Congress.

Now that MLB is a big fat cash cow again after steroid-induced home runs brought the fans back, I guess they can just poo-poo everything that comes out now and "forgive the past".

It's a freakin joke that McGwire et al can not only be forgiven but can work in MLB, but Pete Rose continues to be black-balled.

PEACE

-BLEEDS

I couldn't agree more and am happy that basically somebody typed it for me. Rose is so much more deserving of the HOF than McGwire. What a surprise, NOT.
    "Trying is the first step towards failure." Homer Simpson

"I wasn't looking too good but I was feeling real well." Keith Richards

Well, DUH Mark. Like we didn't already know....

Does he think this is going to get him into the HOF?

And I agree, if they let McGwire in, then Pete most definitely needs in--I'd rather have a gambler out there than a juiced up 'roid rager any day.

Consider yourself a naive person if....

....you ever for one moment thought that Mark McGwire wasn't on steroids while he was playing baseball from 1990 forward.

Quote Originally Posted by foxfire123 View Post
    Well, DUH Mark. Like we didn't already know....

Does he think this is going to get him into the HOF?

And I agree, if they let McGwire in, then Pete most definitely needs in--I'd rather have a gambler out there than a juiced up 'roid rager any day.

....who bet on his own team, so it's not like he was cheating (like McGwire) and tanking games. He was trying even harder to win games.

He should be banned from baseball for life and everyone else who is caught using steroids, and the lame commissioner should be banned for life for turning a blind eye to it and allowing it to happen.

Bud Selig is the biggest piece of turd in all of baseball.

And to every one of those sportswriters who have cast a vote for McGwire to go into the Hall of Fame, they can all go to you-know-where.

Turn Off Ads?