Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 24: Day Eight

24: Day Eight

I am stoked for the return of 24, Sunday.

The ads show that Jack survived his bout with mutated mad cow disease.

Terrorists both foreign and domestic beware!
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 24: Day Eight

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    I am stoked for the return of 24, Sunday.

The ads show that Jack survived his bout with mutated mad cow disease.

Terrorists both foreign and domestic beware!
    Yeah, looks like they decided to forgo any fake suspense that they could have played up.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

I was lukewarm to last nights episode. Do we really have to have the obligatory, CTU tech with the weird relationship going on outside of CTU during a national crisis? Jack thinks he can just waltz into the armory and take weapons and go on a rouge civilian nonCTU mission? The first episode of every season of 24 always has to be clogged with 10 second explanations of where the characters and cliffhangers from the previous season ended. Olivia Taylor in jail, Jack's health problems, Chloe and Morris, etc, etc CHECK, CHECK, CHECK.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

I love this show. Thought last night's episode was rather suspenseful, and can't wait for tonight's.

The end of last night's show-- EVIL.

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

Maybe I'm just 24-ed out. I thought it was all formulaic.

Grandpa Jack was a nice moment though. Why do I think the little girl will get threatened?
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    Maybe I'm just 24-ed out. I thought it was all formulaic.

Grandpa Jack was a nice moment though. Why do I think the little girl will get threatened?
    Yeah, I think a formula similar to season 1 is going to happen. Jack's gonna be forced to work the terrorists? or bad guys.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

I agree with Roy, somehow they took a decent formula and made it tired. If Kim starts running into mountain lions while taking refuge with a deranged Kevin Dillon, I'm turning it off.

Maybe I'm being a bit sadistic, but I'd like to see more main characters get killed. Jack should be just as free game as anyone else. But, I don't see a show outside of the major networks taking such a leap with their main character. I think Kiefer Sutherland actually mentioned that being his preference when he started the show.

How many times does a guy need to save this country? The world may never know.

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by forfreelin04 View Post
    If Kim starts running into mountain lions...
    That depends on her attire.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

I thought 24 was pretty good. Bit of a slow, predictable start (Jack Bauer: "I'm retired!!) but it picked up nicely and looks like an interesting season.

Love the dude from Slumdog Millionaire.

Also like the new director of CTU. He's a good actor. The character, however, is going to be a pain in the ass.

I can't tell if I think that blonde who works in CTU who goes by "Dana" but apparently has an alternate identity is hot or not. I'll let you guys know when I reach a final decision.

Freddie Prinze Jr was pretty good but, then again, I was nowhere near as bummed about his inclusion in the cast as many others.

That new CTU building is awesome.

Jack's granddaughter is going to get on my nerves fast at this pace.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

The reviews I read said it starts out slow but by episode 5 or 6 it gets right back to last year's awesomeness (my word, not theirs).

That said, I still enjoyed it last night. Jack with the ax gets his first two kills of the year - boooyah.
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    I thought 24 was pretty good. Bit of a slow, predictable start (Jack Bauer: "I'm retired!!) but it picked up nicely and looks like an interesting season.

Love the dude from Slumdog Millionaire.

Also like the new director of CTU. He's a good actor. The character, however, is going to be a pain in the ass.

I can't tell if I think that blonde who works in CTU who goes by "Dana" but apparently has an alternate identity is hot or not. I'll let you guys know when I reach a final decision.

Freddie Prinze Jr was pretty good but, then again, I was nowhere near as bummed about his inclusion in the cast as many others.

That new CTU building is awesome.

Jack's granddaughter is going to get on my nerves fast at this pace.
    That is Starbuck, aka Katee Sackhoff of Battlestar Galactica fame. She seemed to be trying to jut her chest out too much and too unnaturally, actually.

I've enjoyed this show over the years but for some reason have no desire to watch this year. My wife recorded the opening and watched it today, but I think I'm "24'ed out" as Roy put it. Fun show, just ran its course for me. That said, if it turns out to be a really good season I'll watch it on DVD later.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

In an era of unprecedented security at CTU, how does someone with a double identity have a job there? Seems like the Predator Drone missiles weren't the only thing to not get proper vetting.

I thought the first 2 hours were ok. The problem I see is too many new faces and too long building characters.

It was awesome when Jack used the fire ax to dispose of a bad guy.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    Not.

To quote Austin Powers, "She's a man, baby"...just looks too masculine and the whole cocktail dress at work thing is goofy too...

Turn Off Ads?