Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The big rumored Mets/Reds trade

Re: The big rumored Mets/Reds trade

Nothing super reliable but figure I'd post it anyways:

Sent: Jan 14, 2010 11:54a

one more for now, the reds are "close" to trading "a pitcher". guessing harang or arroyo, heard mets and cubs talked to jocketty recently...

sent via web
    On Twitter: http://twitter.com/CharlieBurkNYC/status/7753860187
    Last edited by somethingtony; 01-14-2010 at 01:22 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    This organization is on the right path. They'll spend money on their own when these guys prove themselves and deserve a bigger paycheck......i.e. Votto, Bruce, etc.
    Yes. Why spend $12M on Arroyo and/or Harang now, when that $12M will be needed for those players you mention (and others) in just a few years. Put the money away, stay solvent, and don't look at everything as just a one-year plan.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

I don't see anyone the Reds COULD AFFORD to spend money on, in terms of Free Agents, that would do any better than the young guys already on the major league roster or on the verge of the majors. No sense wasting money on stopgaps unless you clearly have no one to fill a position.

Lets Go 'Bird' Hunting

I say don't jump on any trade so early. we have till the deadline, why not just sit on these two until the price is right? or even better then right?
    Hey Sparky! Indian Hill English teachers taught me everything I know!

Quote Originally Posted by The Voice of IH View Post
    I say don't jump on any trade so early. we have till the deadline, why not just sit on these two until the price is right? or even better then right?
    How do you know the price isn't right now? I find it reasonable to think maybe the other teams are seeing how weak the FA options left are and they are willing to overpay in a trade instead (either in terms of players or in terms of taking on the whole contract).

I understand your point that we can afford to be flexible, but flexible includes making a deal now if you get a good offer. It really isn't that bad of a time to be selling IMO.

Turn Off Ads?