Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Baseball Cards

Baseball Cards

I was looking at the Old Red Guard thread pertaining to baseball cards. Most on that thread were talking about the 70s cards and I am no different. I plan to collect the entire 1976 set as that was my first year where I was hooked. I remember tearing open pack after pack to get Johnny Bench.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Baseball Cards

You should check out ebay, you can get some really good deals on there. I have the 1971's of Bench, Rose, and Perez. It was only like $30 for all 3. You can also by a lot of the same player if there is a certain player you like. Probably not as much with older players though. I have over 600 of Carson Palmer right now.

Bold, I moved recently, and cant wait to get to unpack all my sports stuff and make my man room. I have collected cards since 82, and autographs since shortly after that. I have nearly every Bench card produced, although I havent kept up as much the last 2-3 years, so am sure more have come out that I havent got since....
    See your in Durham, have I talked with you in here before? I live near Durham, go to many Bulls games?
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

I have a ton of cards I'd like to sell from '74 thru '81. I started buying the sets around '79.

I also have a 1960's Sandy Koufax and Hank Aaron individual cards. I'd have to go look to see the exact years. I bought them at a card show back in the mid-70's and had them ever since.

Hey Bounty,
    We haven't crossed paths before. I don't post often. I live in Durham and share some season tickets to the Durham Bulls with some colleagues. Some of baseball at its best.

This thread reminded me to check out an autographed ball I got frommy ex-girlfriend's mom for Christmas probably 10 years ago. She bought me an autographed ball of the 1957 Boston Red Sox. (she bought me the ball because she thought that was my favorite team - it's the Reds not the Red Sox) I've always wanted to find a roster to try to make out the names - this thread just reminded me to do that. It's not in the greatest condidtion. But I just checked out this site and it helped me to make out about 10 names including Ted Williams.
    http://www.baseball-almanac.com/team...p?y=1957&t=BOS

Pretty cool stuff.

Check out sportlots.com

It is a good cheap site for cards

Love the '72 mini's.

Quote Originally Posted by BoldOD View Post
    Hey Bounty,
    We haven't crossed paths before. I don't post often. I live in Durham and share some season tickets to the Durham Bulls with some colleagues. Some of baseball at its best.
    I didnt think so, but there is someone else on here from Durham so wasnt sure if it was you or not. I had season tix to the Bulls a couple years ago, but since i live a lil further now, cant make that many. I had a mini package summer before last. I usually catch 20 games or so a season still, and make the USA games too-you ever go to any of those? You going to the game at he old DAP htis year-if you hear of any extra tix, please let me know, I am dying to go to that one! I was banned from the old park the last season there, slid acros sthe tarp during a rain delay. It happened to be the game Joe Morgan was there, and he loved it-found me after the game and said he thought it was great.
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

I used to go to Bulls games in '88. Then the movie came out. Standing room only. Neat place and my fav movie.

Yeah, I recall the hype after the movie (I was actually an "extra" in the movie, and hoping to get in on the new one when they start filming), and to be honest, they are still living off that today. The new stadiumd seats amyn more, so not standing room anymore. I love going to Bulls games, but they def cater to the family and trendy fashion more then the true baseball fan. I guess they know hte true fan is going to be there for the game no matter what, so they work hard to keep the families coming back for social hour at the park.
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

It's too bad you missed out on Redsfest, you could have gotten anyone you wanted there.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

JayBruce, man, one year before I die I hope to make it up there for RedsFest, as I collect autos and have for many years. Have many past and present Reds already, but always looking for more. I recently completed my BRM collection; a ball signed by each member of the team, and am now working on starting up my 90 WS Champs collection, have a couple already, but need a lot to make it match my BRM collection. Tried to get ED at the exhibition game last year, but he wasnt in much mood for fan interaction it seemed.
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

Most of my card are from the 1970's. I will not part with my Reds.

My notable rookie cards are Ozzie Smith, George Brett and Dave Winfield.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Quote Originally Posted by goreds2 View Post
    Most of my card are from the 1970's. I will not part with my Reds.

My notable rookie cards are Ozzie Smith, George Brett and Dave Winfield.
    I liked the Brett and Winfield Rookie cards. Topps did a good job on those cards.

Turn Off Ads?