Thread: Lane Kiffin to USC

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Lane Kiffin to USC

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angele...ory?id=4820737

Leaving Tennesee after only one season.

Not a good hire IMO.

Re: Lane Kiffin to USC

Um. Wow. I did not see that coming, but I should have.
    Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/ShaneHorning

Kinda makes you wonder how many folks told USC "no" if it got to this point.

Followup Carroll with Kiffin? Is there any way USC doesn't find itself with NCAA sanctions?

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Kinda makes you wonder how many folks told USC "no" if it got to this point.

Followup Carroll with Kiffin? Is there any way USC doesn't find itself with NCAA sanctions?
    I always said Kiffin would either restore Tennessee to glory or put them on probation by the end of his tenure.

This is basically the equivalent of USC giving the NCAA the finger with possible sanctions coming.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Wow, very surprised.

Retired

Horrible hire for USC.

Kiffin is hated, and I mean HATED, by many top high school coaches because of his antics in recruiting. He did nothing special in his whopping one year at UT either.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds4Life View Post
    Horrible hire for USC.

Kiffin is hated, and I mean HATED, by many top high school coaches because of his antics in recruiting. He did nothing special in his whopping one year at UT either.
    The USC dynasty was fun while it lasted...

Quote Originally Posted by Reds4Life View Post
    Horrible hire for USC.

Not exactly liked in the SEC either. When he starts poaching top coaches from the Pac-10, he will really be hated.

That being said though, I do think he was on the right track rebuilding Tennessee. He played Florida pretty close earlier this season. I don't think anybody outside of Knoxville expected him to compete with Alabama or Florida this season.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Not exactly liked in the SEC either. When he starts poaching top coaches from the Pac-10, he will really be hated.

That being said though, I do think he was on the right track rebuilding Tennessee. He played Florida pretty close earlier this season. I don't think anybody outside of Knoxville expected him to compete with Alabama or Florida this season.
    I don't think Knoxville thought he would compete with Alabama or Florida either. They'd be calling for his head if they did. Instead they were OK with how he did, but the recruiting violations did make the natives restless

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    He played Florida pretty close earlier this season.
    Lots of teams did, he's a terrible coach who somehow keeps getting jobs, this is sad for the SEC and hilarious for the PAC 10
    Go Gators!

This makes me laugh on many levels. Who does UT go after. My Vol fan wife still wants Mike Gundy. I told her Petrino has a moving company on retainer. Phat Phil is also available. As is Mangino.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    This makes me laugh on many levels. Who does UT go after. My Vol fan wife still wants Mike Gundy. I told her Petrino has a moving company on retainer. Phat Phil is also available. As is Mangino.
    My prediction: Jon Gruden. They missed on him before and I think he would be a good fit there.

He's also who I don't want as a Kentucky fan.

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    Mike Leach might not be a bad choice.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    That would require a qb. And you have to play at least marginal defense to win in the SEC.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Leach would be a monster there, with all the resources that would be available to him.

Turn Off Ads?