Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Lane Kiffin to USC

Re: Lane Kiffin to USC

I'm with SeaRay on this. I don't see how USC or Kiffin can violate a contract that they are not party too. They are not part of the NFL or the the Titans.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Kiffin and USC sure look like they have a lot of egg dripping off their faces. Plenty of blame to get spread all around.

Couldn't happen to nicer people, bwah-ha-ha-ha
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    Lane Kiffin is the king of all jerks.

He makes Dr. 90210 seem like a modest guy.
    What's funny is he's a terrible coach and keeps getting away with this stuff, like a con man.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by durl View Post

I may be wrong here, but since USC signs the paycheck I would think they share responsibility for the hiring decision, and the breach of contract.
    What contract did USC breach? The one between the asst coach and the Titans? How can they breach a contract they didn't agree to? If you agree to a contract with your employer, that's your problem. There's no way I can breach your contract. I might say it was a stupid contract and one I'd never sign.

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

As a Vols fan, boy am I glad that dude is gone. I hated that head coaching hire almost as bad as I hated the Johnny B. Baker Jr. hiring.
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I am wondering what USC did wrong in violating a contract between this coach and the Titans. USC was not a party to the contract and did not agree to its terms.
    Tortious interference. Can't knowingly encourage, assist, etc. someone to breach their contract with another party.

EDIT to add Wikipedia entry that is as good a basic explanation as anything: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tortious_interference
    Last edited by Boston Red; 08-15-2010 at 12:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Tortious interference. Can't knowingly encourage, assist, etc. someone to breach their contract with another party.

EDIT to add Wikipedia entry that is as good a basic explanation as anything: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tortious_interference
    How is USC to know what was in that contract?

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    How is USC to know what was in that contract?
    That's an element of the case the plaintiff would need to prove obviously. For now, we (or at least a court deciding whether to throw the suit out) have to assume USC knew, though, based on the article.

ETA what the article says on this point: "The lawsuit also notes Southern California and Kiffin, through Pola, knew about his contract requirements."
    Last edited by Boston Red; 08-19-2010 at 04:56 PM.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Lane Kiffin is one of the few human beings alive that God would forgive you for speaking bad about him at his funeral.

Turn Off Ads?