Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Prospect #28 runoff vote

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Logan Ondrusek

    27 57.45%
  • Enerio Del Rosario

    20 42.55%
Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Prospect #28 runoff vote

  1. #1
    Member OnBaseMachine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    34,844

    Prospect #28 runoff vote

    Logan Ondrusek or Enerio Del Rosario?

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #2
    Resident PED Expert nemesis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Centerville, Ohio
    Posts
    1,420

    Re: Prospect #28 runoff vote

    Del Rosario... a ground ball machine...
    If you can't be a good example... then you'll just have to be a horrible warning...

    Nothing tastes as good as being fit feels...

  4. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    4,705

    Re: Prospect #28 runoff vote

    I guess I don't really get this one. I like del Rosario, but they played together for much of 2009, and Ondrusek was tapped as the primary closer. Or at least, he attained that rank as the season wore on.

  5. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    13,733

    Re: Prospect #28 runoff vote

    Of the two of them, I like Lecure.

    Voted for Del Rosario. Just recall Ondrusek was hit hard as a starter.

  6. #5
    Vampire Weekend @Bernie's camisadelgolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    11,434

    Re: Prospect #28 runoff vote

    It was an easy to decision for me, and I went with Ondrusek. He throws heat, has a huge frame, and may have room for improvement since recently adding his new fastball.

  7. #6
    The Boss dougdirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    35,447

    Re: Prospect #28 runoff vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Of the two of them, I like Lecure.

    Voted for Del Rosario. Just recall Ondrusek was hit hard as a starter.
    What does Ondrusek being hit hard as a starter have to do with him as a reliever where he can throw harder and well, also added a new pitch since then?

    And I went with Ondrusek, who is also a groundball machine, though lesser than Rosario.

  8. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    13,733

    Re: Prospect #28 runoff vote

    Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    What does Ondrusek being hit hard as a starter have to do with him as a reliever where he can throw harder and well, also added a new pitch since then?

    .

    Maybe his 262 innings over three years 2006-08 as a starter tell us more than his 72 innings in 2009 as a reliever.

  9. #8
    Vampire Weekend @Bernie's camisadelgolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    11,434

    Re: Prospect #28 runoff vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Maybe his 262 innings over three years 2006-08 as a starter tell us more than his 72 innings in 2009 as a reliever.
    That he would have been better off if he had been switched to a reliever sooner? That he should have learned his cutter sooner? That the organization has acquired better pitching coaches since Ondrusek's days as a starter?

  10. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    13,733

    Re: Prospect #28 runoff vote

    Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    That he would have been better off if he had been switched to a reliever sooner? That he should have learned his cutter sooner? That the organization has acquired better pitching coaches since Ondrusek's days as a starter?
    No. That fans shouldn't jump on one year's success, particularly for a pitcher who doesn't miss a lot of bats.

    He seems better suited to relief, had a good 2009 despite his K rate, but was hit hard as a starter and the jury is very much out.

  11. #10
    The Boss dougdirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    35,447

    Re: Prospect #28 runoff vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    No. That fans shouldn't jump on one year's success, particularly for a pitcher who doesn't miss a lot of bats.

    He seems better suited to relief, had a good 2009 despite his K rate, but was hit hard as a starter and the jury is very much out.
    Except that he is now a different pitcher than he was when he was a starter. And his K rate wasn't that bad. He struck out 17% of the batters he faced in 2009. That isn't a bad rate, its just not a great one. His K/9 looks much lower because of his incredibly low hit rate and a lower walk rate.

  12. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    13,733

    Re: Prospect #28 runoff vote

    Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Except that he is now a different pitcher than he was when he was a starter..
    He was a different pitcher for one season. We'll see.

  13. #12
    The Boss dougdirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    35,447

    Re: Prospect #28 runoff vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    He was a different pitcher for one season. We'll see.
    Sure, but there are circumstances linked directly to why.

  14. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Athens, Ohio
    Posts
    350

    Re: Prospect #28 runoff vote

    Went with EDR. With the help of Soto and the new sidearm delivery, he could see the Majors sometime this year.

  15. #14
    Member OnBaseMachine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    34,844

    Re: Prospect #28 runoff vote

    I'll be adding Brian Pearl to the next poll. I'm surprised no one has mentioned him yet. Baseball America rated him as the 173rd best prospect in the 2009 draft while Keith Law had him as the 56th best player. Was converted to a pitcher in college. Throws in the mid-90's with a slider. Had a 10 BB/31 K ratio in 28.2 innings with Billings. He's a potential sleeper, IMO.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25