Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Diamondbacks Releasing Eric Byrnes

Diamondbacks Releasing Eric Byrnes

How about this option in leftfield for the Reds? If he can return from his injuries and play like he did in 2007 with this stats he produced that year:

Team G AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI BB K SB CS AVG OBP SLG OPS
    2007 ARI 160 626 103 179 30 8 21 83 57 98 50 7 .286 .353 .460 .813

What do you all think about this?

2. Turn Off Ads?
    All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Re: Diamondbacks Releasing Eric Byrnes

Nah, stick with the plan. Continue to go young and give Heisey a shot at LF.

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

Just say no. We have a lot of good young outfielders and this guy would just take at bats away before ending up money wasted on the DL
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

dusty29

I agree with JayBruce32. Stick with the young talent in the outfield. Go get a SS to compliment B.Phillips. The corner's are locked for at least 2 more years. Pitching is good. Bullpen is solid.

I was a big fan of getting Bynres when he was a FA. I think he fit well and was just coming into his own.

Unfortunately the injury bug hit as well as a major slump.

I'd LOVE to get him on the cheap - or trade Taveras, Lincoln, and some other bloated contracts for him!

PEACE

-BLEEDS
    I think that in a year or two, one of these guys - Frazier, Dorn, Valaika, Cumberland, Stubbs - will be ready to replace Dunn. They won't hit as many home runs as Dunn, but they should have similar OPS. - 757690, July 22, 2008

Alonso will be playing 1B for the REDS and batting 4th one year from today. - Kingspoint, July 9, 2009

He sure could hit HalMorrisRules's Avatar

If he is being released the team picking him up would only pay the league minimum salary. The Diamondbacks are the ones paying his contract.

I would take a chance on Byrnes in a second. If he doesnt work out and you release him before the season, you don't pay him a nickel and if you release him during the season you only pay him pro-rated for the time he was on your roster.
    Last edited by HalMorrisRules; 01-15-2010 at 07:23 PM.

Would be worth a shot if for the minimum. I would still prefer Xavier Nady to a low end incentive laiden deal.

Quote Originally Posted by HalMorrisRules View Post
    If he is being released the team picking him up would only pay the league minimum salary. The Diamondbacks are the ones paying his contract.

I would take a chance on Byrnes in a second. If he doesnt work out and you release him before the season, you don't pay him a nickel and if you release him during the season you only pay him pro-rated for the time he was on your roster.
    Correct on that, but right now he has to clear waivers first. Any team picking up his waiver would have to negotiate a trade with the Dbacks first. He's not released yet.

PEACE

-BLEEDS
    I think that in a year or two, one of these guys - Frazier, Dorn, Valaika, Cumberland, Stubbs - will be ready to replace Dunn. They won't hit as many home runs as Dunn, but they should have similar OPS. - 757690, July 22, 2008

Alonso will be playing 1B for the REDS and batting 4th one year from today. - Kingspoint, July 9, 2009

Quote Originally Posted by BLEEDS View Post
    Correct on that, but right now he has to clear waivers first. Any team picking up his waiver would have to negotiate a trade with the Dbacks first. He's not released yet.

PEACE

-BLEEDS
    Yes of course, but I was basing my answer upon the title of the post which indicated that he had, in fact, been released already. Without a link to follow I was not aware of him only having been DFA'd.

Sorry Guys I should have included this when I started the thread, Im still a newbie in started thread and I should have added a Question mark in the title. Greg

So here is the link:

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/rumors/p...urn=mlb,213808

Quote Originally Posted by HalMorrisRules View Post
    Yes of course, but I was basing my answer upon the title of the post which indicated that he had, in fact, been released already. Without a link to follow I was not aware of him only having been DFA'd.
    Well then I guess you're justified in mocking everybody else then. Good Job

PEACE

-BLEEDS

Quote Originally Posted by BLEEDS View Post
    Well then I guess you're justified in mocking everybody else then. Good Job
    Actually, you should have seen what I originally wrote but then toned down later.

He is DFA'd today, so now he can be picked up for league minimum.

Plus defense and some potential pop.

Let the kids continue to develop playing FT in the minors, versus having them platoon and/or come of the bench - i.e. "let them play everyday".

What do we have to lose in this one?

PEACE

-BLEEDS

Since Byrnes was DFA'd today, I say bring him on board at league minimum. Let the kids play every day at Louisville. I have always liked his hustle. Maybe, his hustle can rub off on the youngsters & on one veteran that falls asleep on occasion.

Someone in the ORG had a good idea-thats to sign Byrnes at the minimum and dump Willy

Turn Off Ads?