Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 121

Thread: Losing Weight...

  1. #91
    Oy Vey! Red in Chicago's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Chicago Suburbs
    Posts
    3,426

    Re: Losing Weight...

    Jorge Cruise - The Belly Fat Cure

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #92
    RaisorZone Raisor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Charlotte, Nc
    Posts
    15,189

    Re: Losing Weight...

    April 2011 I was at 240-250

    I'm at around 205-2010 now.

    Official way in at the doctor on Wednesday.
    "But I do know Joey's sister indirectly (or foster sister) and I have heard stories of Joey being into shopping, designer wear, fancy coffees, and pedicures."

  4. #93
    OCS Prez Cant Touch This's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    638

    Re: Losing Weight...

    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    April 2011 I was at 240-250

    I'm at around 205-2010 now.

    Official way in at the doctor on Wednesday.
    Don't be afraid to mix in a salad.
    A flute with no holes is not a flute. A doughnut with no holes is a danish. -- Zen Philosopher Basho

    www.OnCampusSports.com -- college sports covered by college students

  5. #94
    On the brink wolfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    is everything
    Posts
    2,685

    Re: Losing Weight...

    Just curious - for those who have adhered to a low/no sugar diet, are we talking just refined sugar?
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

  6. #95
    Mon chou Choo vaticanplum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    7,193

    Re: Losing Weight...

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfboy View Post
    Just curious - for those who have adhered to a low/no sugar diet, are we talking just refined sugar?
    Has to be, right? I mean, nobody can avoid sugar completely. Fruit has sugar.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

  7. #96
    Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Lexington, KY
    Posts
    1,171

    Re: Losing Weight...

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfboy View Post
    Just curious - for those who have adhered to a low/no sugar diet, are we talking just refined sugar?
    That's right--some people are militant about keeping all sugar out, including fructose. I've just cut out "sweets," like chocolate (the hardest damn thing ever), sodas, sweetened juices, candy, etc.
    "I never argue with people who say baseball is boring, because baseball is boring. And then, suddenly, it isn't. And that's what makes it great." - Joe Posnanski

  8. #97
    Bread Gloves Razor Shines's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    6,314

    Re: Losing Weight...

    Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post
    Has to be, right? I mean, nobody can avoid sugar completely. Fruit has sugar.
    I don't have any white carbs (including fruit) but one day a week.

  9. #98
    Mon chou Choo vaticanplum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    7,193

    Re: Losing Weight...

    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    I don't have any white carbs (including fruit) but one day a week.
    Oh wow. Don't a lot of vegetables have sugar too? How do you make sure you get your vitamins?
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

  10. #99
    part of BBN jmac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    2,309

    Re: Losing Weight...

    Quote Originally Posted by WildcatFan View Post
    That's right--some people are militant about keeping all sugar out, including fructose. I've just cut out "sweets," like chocolate (the hardest damn thing ever), sodas, sweetened juices, candy, etc.
    You may have posted this prior and I missed it, but what do you drink ? (I see what you cut out)
    Does coffee intake hurt as far as weight ?

    NM as I just found your prior post concerning decaf. Thanks
    Last edited by jmac; 08-28-2012 at 05:49 PM.

  11. #100
    Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Lexington, KY
    Posts
    1,171

    Re: Losing Weight...

    Quote Originally Posted by jmac View Post
    You may have posted this prior and I missed it, but what do you drink ? (I see what you cut out)
    Does coffee intake hurt as far as weight ?

    NM as I just found your prior post concerning decaf. Thanks
    I actually still drink caffeinated coffee in the morning. As long as you don't do too much caffeine, coffee is pretty good for keeping you "on track" as they say.
    "I never argue with people who say baseball is boring, because baseball is boring. And then, suddenly, it isn't. And that's what makes it great." - Joe Posnanski

  12. #101
    On the brink wolfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    is everything
    Posts
    2,685

    Re: Losing Weight...

    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    I don't have any white carbs (including fruit) but one day a week.
    I stick to low glycemic index fruits, but I don't eliminate them completely (or even all but one day a week).
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

  13. #102
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    The Bush Leagues
    Posts
    9,158

    Re: Losing Weight...

    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    I don't have any white carbs (including fruit) but one day a week.
    Some people have had success keeping some tubers and rice in their diet but keeping out bread.

    I'm doing a paleo thing (I have another thread somewhere). It's meat, vegetables, a little fruit, a few yams, some seeds and nuts. Some don't do dairy but I do butter and cheese to fill in the satiety hole.

    When I stick to the diet, I shrink. The problem is that A) I eat out too much and it's near impossible to keep bread off your plate and B) too much beer.
    The widow is gathering nettles for her children's dinner; a perfumed seigneur, delicately lounging in the Oeil de Boeuf, hath an alchemy whereby he will extract the third nettle and call it rent. ~ Carlyle

  14. #103
    breath westofyou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    PDX
    Posts
    42,830

    Re: Losing Weight...

    Quote Originally Posted by Rojo View Post
    Some people have had success keeping some tubers and rice in their diet but keeping out bread.

    I'm doing a paleo thing (I have another thread somewhere). It's meat, vegetables, a little fruit, a few yams, some seeds and nuts. Some don't do dairy but I do butter and cheese to fill in the satiety hole.

    When I stick to the diet, I shrink. The problem is that A) I eat out too much and it's near impossible to keep bread off your plate and B) too much beer.
    That's my weak point, don't eat much sugar, don't eat fast food, meat, fried stuff, ride over 40 miles a week, walk about 10.

    Beer... stop it and I would drop 10 pounds in my sleep

  15. #104
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    The Bush Leagues
    Posts
    9,158

    Re: Losing Weight...

    Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Beer... stop it and I would drop 10 pounds in my sleep
    Every once-in-a-while I'll do a sober month and can tell you it's literally true.

    Damn you beer siren!
    The widow is gathering nettles for her children's dinner; a perfumed seigneur, delicately lounging in the Oeil de Boeuf, hath an alchemy whereby he will extract the third nettle and call it rent. ~ Carlyle

  16. #105
    The rest is drama. marcshoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    In the woods, with a shovel
    Posts
    5,158

    Re: Losing Weight...

    Here's a great lo-cal recipe for anyone trying to lose weight. The comments and reviews are priceless as well.

    I've lost 60 plus pounds over the last few Years but wouldn't reccomend my process, which involved my body trying to shut down. There has to be a better way.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25