Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: Losing Weight...

Re: Losing Weight...

It amuses me when I look at this thread and then see that the thread immediately below it is a thread about where Graeter's Ice Cream can be found. ( I love Graeter's BTW)
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

2. Turn Off Ads?

I would lose a lot more weight if it wasn't for RedsBaron. RedsBaron pizza that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo View Post
    Every once-in-a-while I'll do a sober month and can tell you it's literally true.

Damn you beer siren!
    Beer or rye for me. Damn them both!!!!
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

Quote Originally Posted by wolfboy View Post
    Beer or rye for me. Damn them both!!!!
    Well the rye's probably not going to pack on the pounds. I'll thrown in some Bourbon or Irish with my beer. Once I decided to just drink whiskey to keep the pounds off. Long story, short: bad idea.

Well the rye's probably not going to pack on the pounds. I'll thrown in some Bourbon or Irish with my beer. Once I decided to just drink whiskey to keep the pounds off. Long story, short: bad idea.
    Not a Scotch guy?

It doesn't pack on pounds like beer, but it doesn't really help either. Well it helps, just not that weight management thingy.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    Not a Scotch guy?
    This probably warrants a different thread, but I'm pretty much with Rojo. I like rye/bourbon and irish whiskey. I'll drink scotch if it's around, but it's down the list.

Rojo, ever try Redbreast?

I love that our losing weight thread has devolved into a comparison of whiskey brands.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    Not a Scotch guy?
    I love scotch, it just became a bar drink for me, for reasons I can't fathom.

I mostly drink Jamison or Powers Irish whiskeys. SF is a HUGE town for Irish whiskey (as long as it isn't Bushmill's).

I used to drink a lot of bourbon, but bourbon's are all over the map. Beam is ****e. JD is ok. I usually keep a bottle of Four Roses at home -- love Four Roses.

I've tried Redbreast. It's really good. But I can't afford that stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post
    I love that our losing weight thread has devolved into a comparison of whiskey brands.
    What? I thought this was the ADD support threa....I love whiskey.

I mostly drink Jamison or Powers Irish whiskeys. SF is a HUGE town for Irish whiskey (as long as it isn't Bushmill's).

I used to drink a lot of bourbon, but bourbon's are all over the map. Beam is ****e. JD is ok. I usually keep a bottle of Four Roses at home -- love Four Roses.

Four roses is great. I should probably take this to another thread now...

Quote Originally Posted by wolfboy View Post
    This probably warrants a different thread, but I'm pretty much with Rojo. I like rye/bourbon and irish whiskey. I'll drink scotch if it's around, but it's down the list.

Rojo, ever try Redbreast?
    Since you mentioned it, are there any alcoholic drinks that can work with a plan to lose weight?

I just started too. . . . trying out the Johnny Walker brands since I'm beginner and I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfandan View Post
    Since you mentioned it, are there any alcoholic drinks that can work with a plan to lose weight?
    I can assure you with great certainty that beer does not help with weight loss!
    "Why are those Dodger pitchers in the Reds bullpen?"-GAC August 28, 2009

So, I'll jump in on this thread...

May of 2012 I felt non of my clothes were fitting and over all felt like I put on alot of weight... I put my self on a scale that Monday and I clocked in at an even 260....

I started using My Fitness Pal that day and logged what I ate for about 2 months straight...

I'm not sitting at 220 (as of last Monday).. So in about 4 months, I have dropped 40 lbs with exercise....

My thing was a change in lifestyle...

Every Morning at work, I have a Red Bull (LOL, I know)
    Lunch, I eat Subway (Mix it up everyday so I'm not eating the same thing over and over)
    Dinner, I mix it up between Fish, Chicken and Pork with the sides of Corn, Hashbrowns, Homefries and Alfredo Noodles with a glass of milk...

I stay away from sweets at all costs....

I do cheat, I have to cheat... Im to busy not to cheat... When I do, I make sure its a chicken sandwich at a drive through and a small fry rather then large size...

I still eat wings, drink beer and do whatever when I have too... Just can't stay away from them at times...

Its all about the lifestyle..... Do yourself a favor and go to your favorite place to eat lunch/dinner and look at the calorie/fat count of what you normally eat... I'd go to Wendys and my normal lunch would be 1800 calories... And that was just for lunch! Now my lunch is around 500 calories a day and I eat about 1300 calories a day...
    You think you got what it takes to play a real fantasy game? Join me at Jockstocks. You can play Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Nascar and even Hockey!

Jockstocks Homepage

Do you have your shirt on? - Adam Dunn to Marty on the Bananna Phone.

Turn Off Ads?