Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 2010 International signing period information

Re: 2010 International signing period information

I wonder if the Reds could sign Montero for a lesser bonus now because of the positive test? If so, get 'er done.

2. Turn Off Ads?

It's now officially July 2nd, prospects can start signing now. Hopefully the Reds can sign a few more top prospects like they have in the last few years.

2008: CF Yorman Rodriguez, OF Juan Duran, SS Junior Arias, LHP Ismael Guillon.

2009: SS Humberto Valor

Baseball America's top 33 July 2nd prospects, complete with some free video and projections for all 30 teams for subscribers.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/today...0/2610304.html

I was disappointed in BA's July 2 coverage last season so I decided to not renew my subscription. It figures, as soon as I cancel it they start putting out quality info again.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Baseball America's top 33 July 2nd prospects, complete with some free video and projections for all 30 teams for subscribers.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/today...0/2610304.html

I was disappointed in BA's July 2 coverage last season so I decided to not renew my subscription. It figures, as soon as I cancel it they start putting out quality info again.
    Yep, the Reds probably signed more big bonus prospects than Valor but BA didn't report the signings.

Surprised there hasn't been more buzz about this. I feel like there was more going on July 2 last year. Anyone know who the top 2-3 guys that the Reds are in on?
    Go BLUE!!!

Just read a couple Reds related rumors on a Blue Jays site:

As reported earlier, the Reds and Blue Jays are the favorite to land Venezuelan LHP Angel Mejias. The 6-foot-3, 190 pound lefty currently throws around 90 mph but according to BA, due to his youth and arm speed he has a chance to develop a plus fastball. He gets mixed reviews on his secondary pitches.

The Reds are also in on Venezuelan SS Rougned Odor, one of the top prospects in this class. He may not sign today, according to BA.

Is there a place to see what went on here?
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    Is there a place to see what went on here?
    There wasn't a whole lot of activity today. Expect signings to start trickling in here in the next few days and even weeks. Luis Heredia, arguably the top prospect available, isn't eligible to sign until August when he turns 16.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

A lot of teams are still waiting to get back information on players age testing. Like OBM said, expect a few signings here and there, but I don't see a large group of signings right away of the big guys.

Rays start it off? Must have been a fair prospect for the Rays to part with that much.

Rays Sign Dominican Outfielder Araujo
    By Zach Links [July 3, 2010 at 2:50pm CST]

The Rays have signed 16-year-old Dominican center fielder Yoel Araujo, an international source told Ben Badler of Baseball America. He'll receive an $800K bonus, which is the largest bonus Tampa Bay has ever given to an amateur player from the Dominican Republic.

Araujo, who stands at 6'2" and weighs 180 pounds, demonstrated his raw power and plus speed this spring in the Dominican Prospect League. Frankie Piliere of MLB Fanhouse writes that while Araujo is more green than other MLB-eligible prospects in the Dominican Republic, scouts believe that he has a high ceiling.
    Link
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

I asked Ben Badler if he had heard anything related to the Reds. His response:

Don't think they have anything done yet, or if they do they're waiting for them to pass background checks

http://twitter.com/BenBadler

From Ben Badler:

Should have more IFA signing news by the end of the week. Teams cautious of announcing signings before age/ID/PEDs check out

http://twitter.com/BenBadler

Still no news?

Formerly Farsighted Fan sabometrics's Avatar

Esto es muy aburrido ...

As Roger Daltrey would say: Lets see action! Lets see people!
    Last edited by sabometrics; 07-10-2010 at 05:18 AM.
    "He looked like a surfer kid from SoCal," manager Dusty Baker says. "He didn't say much, but you could tell he was cool."

Maybe they are saving the amateur budget for Grandal and Cisco?

Or maybe they already spent it on Chapman?

Or maybe nobody has any clue what is going on in Latin America this year?
    Go BLUE!!!

Turn Off Ads?