Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Who is Redszone's #33 prospect?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Junior Arias

0 0%
  • Tyler Cline

6 11.11%
  • Kevin Coddington

0 0%
  • Daniel Corcino

0 0%
  • Mariekson Gregorius

22 40.74%
  • Evan Hildenbrandt

2 3.70%
  • Jeremy Horst

1 1.85%
  • Ezequiel Infante

0 0%
  • Jacob Johnson

0 0%
  • Derrik Lutz

0 0%
  • Carlos Mendez

1 1.85%
  • Brian Pearl

0 0%
  • Henry Rodriguez

13 24.07%
  • Dave Sappelt

0 0%
  • Daryl Thompson

4 7.41%
  • Mace Thurman

1 1.85%
  • Philippe-Alexandre Valiquette

3 5.56%
  • Humberto Valor

1 1.85%
  • Sean Watson

0 0%
  • Byron Wiley

0 0%
  • Other - Name him

0 0%

Thread: Who is Redszone's #33 prospect?

Who is Redszone's #33 prospect?

Prospect #1 - Aroldis Chapman
    Prospect #2 - Yonder Alonso
    Prospect #3 - Mike Leake
    Prospect #4 - Todd Frazier
    Prospect #5 - Juan Francisco
    Prospect #6 - Yorman Rodriguez
    Prospect #7 - Travis Wood
    Prospect #8 - Chris Heisey
    Prospect #9 - Zack Cozart
    Prospect #10 - Brad Boxberger
    Prospect #11 - Neftali Soto
    Prospect #12 - Matt Maloney
    Prospect #13 - Billy Hamilton
    Prospect #14 - Chris Valaika
    Prospect #15 - Matt Klinker
    Prospect #16 - Juan Duran
    Prospect #17 - Devin Mesoraco
    Prospect #18 - Danny Dorn
    Prospect #19 - Juan Silva
    Prospect #20 - Donnie Joseph
    Prospect #21 - Josh Fellhauer
    Prospect #22 - Juan Carlos Sulbaran
    Prospect #23 - Miguel Rojas
    Prospect #24 - Jordan Smith
    Prospect #25 - Matt Fairel
    Prospect #26 - Daniel Tuttle
    Prospect #27 - Pedro Viola
    Prospect #28 - Logan Ondrusek
    Prospect #29 - Kyle Lotzkar
    Prospect #30 - Enerio Del Rosario
    Prospect #31 - Sam Lecure
    Prospect #32 - Mark Serrano

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Re: Who is Redszone's #33 prospect?

Still going with Gregorius. He has defense that is good at shortstop. He makes a lot of contact. He has speed. He is young and has had good numbers.

I went with Henry Rodriguez. He hit .322/.354/.321 - .775 with the GCL Reds in 2009 and followed it up with a strong showing in the Venezuelan Winter League (.368/.390/.544 - .934 OPS).

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Still going with Gregorius. He has defense that is good at shortstop. He makes a lot of contact. He has speed. He is young and has had good numbers.
    Gregorius' numbers and frame seem to point to a lack of power. Seems like potentially a slap hitter type. Of course, he's young and can certainly gain power over the years of development.

With a player like that, if it's a fair characterization, then you wonder whether he will ever really add offensively.

I prefer Cline and am sticking with him. But at this stage, all the projections of very young players are long shots.

I see that Alex Smit got a spring invite. He should be on the list, I'd think. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Gregorius' numbers and frame seem to point to a lack of power. Seems like potentially a slap hitter type. Of course, he's young and can certainly gain power over the years of development.

With a player like that, if it's a fair characterization, then you wonder whether he will ever really add offensively.

I prefer Cline and am sticking with him. But at this stage, all the projections of very young players are long shots.

I see that Alex Smit got a spring invite. He should be on the list, I'd think. Thanks.
    Shortstops who play defense can be slap hitters as long as they slap hit .300. Gregorius has the skillset to be that kind of hitter.

That's nine pitchers in a row.

I'm going Gregorius. Sorry, Redblooded. But if D.D. (lots of dissenting opinions on how that's spelled) gets elected, it'll surely open the way for your man.

And I agree about Smit. Others I think should appear soon: Joe Krebs, Tucker Barnhardt, Alex Buchholz.

Been voting for Serrano so long I didn't know what to do. But I went with Gregorius over Rodriguez just because (at the same age) he was doing it at a higher level.

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    Been voting for Serrano so long I didn't know what to do. But I went with Gregorius over Rodriguez just because (at the same age) he was doing it at a higher level.
    Agreed. HRod is probably the guy I vote for next.

Agreed. HRod is probably the guy I vote for next.
    Gonna hold you to that...
    2010 Mock Draft Selections (picking for Rays)

Bryce Brentz
    Brandon Workman
    Kris Bryant
    Matt Lipka
    Rick Hague

I'd say the differences between the two are razor thin... Heck, they're only separated by 9 days for age...

That being said... Gregorius didn't put up impressive numbers in the GCL last year at age 17, hitting only .155/.251/.155 in 97 ab's and 0 extra base hits... He DID manage to do well in Billings, but struggled when moved up to Sarasota (though definitely underaged)...

Henry REDriguez played at a lower level, but put up better numbers, and has more triples in 57 VZL ab's (3) than Gregorius has in 372 minor league ab's (1). Henry seems to get more extra base hits (again with the disclaimer of being at a lower level), which shows me a guy that could trend for a bit more power than Gregorius... If all else is equal (defense, speed, contact), I'd rather have the guy that could eventually be more than just a singles hitter...

Bryce Brentz
    Brandon Workman
    Kris Bryant
    Matt Lipka
    Rick Hague

Quote Originally Posted by REDblooded View Post
    I'd say the differences between the two are razor thin... Heck, they're only separated by 9 days for age...

That being said... Gregorius didn't put up impressive numbers in the GCL last year at age 17, hitting only .155/.251/.155 in 97 ab's and 0 extra base hits... He DID manage to do well in Billings, but struggled when moved up to Sarasota (though definitely underaged)...

Henry REDriguez played at a lower level, but put up better numbers, and has more triples in 57 VZL ab's (3) than Gregorius has in 372 minor league ab's (1). Henry seems to get more extra base hits (again with the disclaimer of being at a lower level), which shows me a guy that could trend for a bit more power than Gregorius... If all else is equal (defense, speed, contact), I'd rather have the guy that could eventually be more than just a singles hitter...
    Gregorius didn't move up to Sarasota, he moved down from there as a fill in for an injured player in the first half of the season.

Gregorius didn't move up to Sarasota, he moved down from there as a fill in for an injured player in the first half of the season.
    duh... lot on my mind right now... thanks for catching that though... makes a bit of a difference, as I'd be more concerned (though not much do to age/sample size) if he'd struggled after moving up...

Bryce Brentz
    Brandon Workman
    Kris Bryant
    Matt Lipka
    Rick Hague

Hildenbrandt again. If he were clearly healthy, he'd be way higher up the list IMHO. I'll take him as my break-out guy right now, assuming he can make it back.

Turn Off Ads?