Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pro Bowl BEFORE The Super Bowl This Year: Like It?

Re: Pro Bowl BEFORE The Super Bowl This Year: Like It?

That last sentence pretty much sums up the Bengals' passing attack this year.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by durl View Post
    I like the MLB All-Star game. It's a long tradition and the guys are used to playing every night.

Other sports, I really don't see a point. Whether they're afraid of injury or they don't care, the players give little effort. Come up with an "All-American" equivalent for the NFL.
    I was going to use that as an exception, but it's such a popularity contest anyway, that it's a joke, too.

How many Cardinals will be starting this year,.....4....5?

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    I'd say play touch football but some guy got his knee totally wiped out playing touch on the beach a few years back. So they'll play at 80%, dial back the blitzes and defense, and just cruise.
    That was Robert Edwards. After the rookie New England rb rushed for more than 1,100 yards in '98 he was invited to participate in a four on four flag football game exhibition composed of rookies the same weekend as the Pro Bowl (Peyton Manning also played). During the game Edwards suffered a knee injury that was so bad that doctors were initially concerned that they might have to amputate the leg. He didn't play in the NFL again until 2002 and that season he was only a backup for Miami. '98 and '02 were the only two years that he played in the NFL.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedsBaron View Post
    While I am no longer a very big fan of all star games in any professional sport, the injury risk in the Pro Bowl is so great that it is in particular a game that I would just as soon see eliminated. Go ahead and pick all pro teams without playing the game.
    That might happen someday if someone like Peyton Manning suffers a similar type injury, as Edwards did, while playing in the Pro Bowl.

Turn Off Ads?