Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 77

Thread: Colts V Jets

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Bread Gloves Razor Shines's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    6,307

    Colts V Jets

    I know we got into it a little in the other Colts thread, but I figured I'd start a new thread. I'm really excited for this game, I guess just because the Colts are back in the AFC championship for what seems like the first time in forever.

    I've been doing something lately I don't usually do, which is listen to ESPN radio. Tedy Bruschi was on Mike and Mike (I think their show is the worst of all ESPN radio shows) and I am really growing to dislike him. Listening to him talk you'd have thought that Peyton was the rookie QB and Sanchez was the seasoned veteran. So yeah, he picked the Jets to win. I think even if I wasn't a Colts fan I'd root for them just so Bruschi would look stupid.
    Last edited by Razor Shines; 01-20-2010 at 02:11 PM.

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    7,157

    Re: Colts V Jets

    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    I know we got into it a little in the other Colts thread, but I figured I'd start a new thread. I'm really excited for this game, I guess just because the Colts are back in the AFC championship for what seems like the first time in forever.

    I've been doing something lately I don't usually do, which is listen to ESPN radio. Tedy Bruschi was on Mike and Mike (I think their show is the worst of all ESPN radio shows) and I am really growing to dislike him. Listening to him talk you'd have thought that Peyton was the rookie QB and Sanchez was the seasoned veteran. So yeah, he picked the Jets to win. I think even if I wasn't a Colts fan I'd root for them just so Bruschi would look stupid.
    I'm not a Colts fan despite my location(or perhaps because of it but that's another matter) but I agree.
    They were talking about things they did to confuse Peyton 7-8 years ago or things the Steelers did in 2005. I wouldn't be shocked if the Jets win on Sunday, but if they do, it won't be because Peyton is fooled by 8 year old tricks.
    When people say that I donít know what Iím talking about when it comes to sports or writing, I think: Man, you should see me in the rest of my life.
    ---Joe Posnanski

  3. #3
    Bread Gloves Razor Shines's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    6,307

    Re: Colts V Jets

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    I'm not a Colts fan despite my location(or perhaps because of it but that's another matter) but I agree.
    They were talking about things they did to confuse Peyton 7-8 years ago or things the Steelers did in 2005. I wouldn't be shocked if the Jets win on Sunday, but if they do, it won't be because Peyton is fooled by 8 year old tricks.
    Yeah, I think that's where I am as well. The Jets are good team and it's very possible for the Colts to lose, but I don't think it's because Peyton will be rattled.

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    9

    Re: Colts V Jets

    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    Yeah, I think that's where I am as well. The Jets are good team and it's very possible for the Colts to lose, but I don't think it's because Peyton will be rattled.
    Ummm, most games I remember the Colts losing is because Peyton WAS rattled. The guy has the "choke" reputation on him for a reason even with a Super Bowl. heck, just watching the Baltimore game last week he looked different. He gets happy feet SO easily. Even back to his Tennessee days, Florida was ALWAYS their biggest rival and never played well enough to beat them OR a NC until the year after he left.

    I even put the entire '06 Pittsburgh game on him as well. Yes, yes, I know the OL didn't play well and he basically threw them and Vanderchoke under the bus, but Peyton should've never let Vanderchoke kick that 46 yard field goal. I still remember watching the game and it's 2nd 2 on the 31 yard line and Peyton throws NOT once, but TWICE to the endzone 30 yards away on 2nd and 2. Instead of picking up 10-15 or even 20 more yards, the guy makes some boneheaded throws to the endzone to let a kicker that all Colts fans knew who didn't perform well under pressure. That's all on the QB and it should be. . . and the guy had the nerve to criticize the kicker knowing full well he didn't trust him in the first place.

    Quote Originally Posted by BRM View Post
    Rex Ryan alone would make the two week buildup before the SB nearly unbearable. I already have to turn the channel anytime he speaks. He'd get much worse if his team wins the AFC Championship.
    Agreed. I'd rather have the Colts in the Super Bowl and I've been rooting against them all year. Colts fans should be scared about the game. Yeah, yeah I know Colts didn't play a full 4 quarters and played the Jets well before then. However, this will be a game Peyton struggles in and will have to settle for FG's. I think the Colts get close to losing this game, but Matt Stover wins the game, IMO.
    Last edited by ChazzReinhold; 01-22-2010 at 09:32 AM.

  5. #5
    Bread Gloves Razor Shines's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    6,307

    Re: Colts V Jets

    Quote Originally Posted by ChazzReinhold View Post
    Ummm, most games I remember the Colts losing is because Peyton WAS rattled. The guy has the "choke" reputation on him for a reason even with a Super Bowl. heck, just watching the Baltimore game last week he looked different. He gets happy feet SO easily. Even back to his Tennessee days, Florida was ALWAYS their biggest rival and never played well enough to beat them OR a NC until the year after he left.

    I even put the entire '06 Pittsburgh game on him as well. Yes, yes, I know the OL didn't play well and he basically threw them and Vanderchoke under the bus, but Peyton should've never let Vanderchoke kick that 46 yard field goal. I still remember watching the game and it's 2nd 2 on the 31 yard line and Peyton throws NOT once, but TWICE to the endzone 30 yards away on 2nd and 2. Instead of picking up 10-15 or even 20 more yards, the guy makes some boneheaded throws to the endzone to let a kicker that all Colts fans knew who didn't perform well under pressure. That's all on the QB and it should be. . . and the guy had the nerve to criticize the kicker knowing full well he didn't trust him in the first place.



    Agreed. I'd rather have the Colts in the Super Bowl and I've been rooting against them all year. Colts fans should be scared about the game. Yeah, yeah I know Colts didn't play a full 4 quarters and played the Jets well before then. However, this will be a game Peyton struggles in and will have to settle for FG's. I think the Colts get close to losing this game, but Matt Stover wins the game, IMO.
    Ok, that explains the first part of your post. I'll let it go as pure Manning/Colt hatred.

  6. #6
    Waitin til next year bucksfan2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    10,129

    Re: Colts V Jets

    Quote Originally Posted by ChazzReinhold View Post
    Ummm, most games I remember the Colts losing is because Peyton WAS rattled. The guy has the "choke" reputation on him for a reason even with a Super Bowl. heck, just watching the Baltimore game last week he looked different. He gets happy feet SO easily. Even back to his Tennessee days, Florida was ALWAYS their biggest rival and never played well enough to beat them OR a NC until the year after he left.
    For the most part I don't think Payton is a big game GM. With all the talent that has surrounded him its odd to think that he has only been to one super bowl in his career. I think a win over the Jets and you can officially remove the "choke" label from him. If the Colts lost to the Jets the questions about him in big games will continue.


    I even put the entire '06 Pittsburgh game on him as well. Yes, yes, I know the OL didn't play well and he basically threw them and Vanderchoke under the bus, but Peyton should've never let Vanderchoke kick that 46 yard field goal. I still remember watching the game and it's 2nd 2 on the 31 yard line and Peyton throws NOT once, but TWICE to the endzone 30 yards away on 2nd and 2. Instead of picking up 10-15 or even 20 more yards, the guy makes some boneheaded throws to the endzone to let a kicker that all Colts fans knew who didn't perform well under pressure. That's all on the QB and it should be. . . and the guy had the nerve to criticize the kicker knowing full well he didn't trust him in the first place.
    I have always found it odd that Peyton escaped most of the criticism from that game. I feel along the same lines as you do. He went for the kill shot instead of getting a 1st down and gaining an extra 15 yards to set up an easier FG. Granted its the NFL but 46 yards is a guarantee.


    Agreed. I'd rather have the Colts in the Super Bowl and I've been rooting against them all year. Colts fans should be scared about the game. Yeah, yeah I know Colts didn't play a full 4 quarters and played the Jets well before then. However, this will be a game Peyton struggles in and will have to settle for FG's. I think the Colts get close to losing this game, but Matt Stover wins the game, IMO.
    Right now I really don't care who makes the super bowl. The only team I would want to see win is the Saints. Don't want to hear about Brett Favre for 2 weeks straight. Don't want to hear Rex Ryan have a mic for 2 weeks straight. And have never really been a big fan of Peyton. I am interested in seeing how Garcon and Collie play against the Jets. That is the matchup I am most looking forward to in this game.

    If it comes down to a FG kicking contest the Jets have been incredibly lucky this entire post season.

  7. #7
    Member Deepred05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Posts
    1,518

    Re: Colts V Jets

    How ironic would it be if the Jets won after the Colts laid down for them to let them in the playoff? That said, I still think the Colts win.

  8. #8
    Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    2,171

    Re: Colts V Jets

    Quote Originally Posted by Deepred05 View Post
    How ironic would it be if the Jets won after the Colts laid down for them to let them in the playoff? That said, I still think the Colts win.

    This is false. The Colts did not lay down for the Jets to make the playoffs. They laid down to rest their starters and get healthy. The Jets happened to be the fortunate opponent that week, but they still had to beat the Bengals the following week (who also rested some starters).

    It wasn't about wanting the Jets to make the playoffs, it was about wanting the Colts to be healthy and rested when it was time for the playoffs.

  9. #9
    Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    2,171

    Re: Colts V Jets

    I think if this game is played 10 times, the Jets would win once or twice. I honestly think Saints/Vikings is the tougher game to predict (although I'm taking the Saints).

    I think Manning and the Colts have enough experience with blitzing defenses that they should be able to put enough points on the board to win. And it won't take much. With the speed of the Colts defense, I think the Jets will be lucky to top 14 points.

    With the way the Colts D contained Ray Rice (who is better than Greene and Jones), I don't see how the Jets score more than once or twice, unless they happen to get a pick-6 TD on defense. If Brackett and the middle of the Colts D-line and LBs can clog the middle of the field, Sanchez and the offense are in serious trouble.

    Prediction: Colts 17, Jets 10

  10. #10
    Waitin til next year bucksfan2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    10,129

    Re: Colts V Jets

    Here are my thought right now about the game

    -The Jets are riding one heck of a momentum wave right now.
    -The Jets OLine is playing amazing right now.
    -The Colts were able to shake off some rust against Baltimore and should be clicking.
    -Revis will take away Wayne forcing Collie and Garcon to beat them.
    -The game may come down to Clark making plays.
    -Sanchez is very over rated as a QB right now.
    -Stop the Jets running game you win.
    -Colts go up 2 scores and the game is over.

  11. #11
    Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    2,171

    Re: Colts V Jets

    And let's not forget that the Colts are undefeated this year in games when the starters played the whole time. It was about 5 weeks ago that the Jets lost at home to the Falcons in what was their biggest game of the year at that time.

  12. #12
    Member CTA513's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    10,716

    Re: Colts V Jets

    I hope the Colts stomp the Jets so we don't have to hear from Rex Ryan the rest of the playoffs.

  13. #13
    Let's ride BRM's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Colorado's eastern plains
    Posts
    11,232

    Re: Colts V Jets

    Quote Originally Posted by CTA513 View Post
    I hope the Colts stomp the Jets so we don't have to hear from Rex Ryan the rest of the playoffs.
    Rex Ryan alone would make the two week buildup before the SB nearly unbearable. I already have to turn the channel anytime he speaks. He'd get much worse if his team wins the AFC Championship.

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    3,605

    Re: Colts V Jets

    Is it me or is the national media praying for a Jets win?
    I was in the ORG once, best 6 months of my life.

  15. #15
    Rally Onion! Chip R's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    34,346

    Re: Colts V Jets

    Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    Is it me or is the national media praying for a Jets win?

    I don't know about that. Ordinarily, a NY team in the championship would be great for the national media. But Indy has Manning and he's one of the most popular players in the NFL now. He does about a billion commercials so it certainly can't hurt to have him in the Super Bowl. I really don't think any of the national media - with the exception of Mike Greenberg - will be too sad about any combination of the 4 teams in the Super Bowl. Even though New Orleans is a smaller market, they can talk about Katrina and how they had to play games in San Antonio. Minnesota has Favre - need I say more?
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25