Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dallas Cowboys @ Minnesota Vikings

Dallas Cowboys @ Minnesota Vikings

Hoping Favre can keep up the great season today!

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Dallas Cowboys @ Minnesota Vikings

I'd like to see the Purple People Eaters win as well. That dome looks like one difficult place to play if you'e a visitor.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

Is it possible for neither team to win? I really don't care for either of them.

I guess I'd pick the Vikes, as AP is fun to watch. But, I'm tired of Favre-apalooza.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_the_Red View Post

I guess I'd pick the Vikes, as AP is fun to watch. But, I'm tired of Favre-apalooza.
    I gotta disagree. Favre-apalooza '98 with Smashing Pumpkins and Janes Addiction and NIN was awesome.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

The drama that is Brett Farve has gotten so out of control, it is making the games he plays in unwatchable. New Orleans has now become my favorite team. God help us all if we end up having to watch two weeks of Favre-apalooza for the two weeks leading up to the Super Bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_the_Red View Post

Yeah, but this will be the last year of it.......... maybe not..........never mind.

The Vikings passed their toughest test of the year with flying colors. Now comes an even greater test - winning at NO.
    Great game from Favre, who owes his success to the good job the O-line did versus Ware, Ratliff and the rest. You could tell that some Vikings were sharper because of the one week rest.
    Cedric Griffin and Sidney Rice have really improved in the last year - they had great games today.

I'd be very surprised if Minnesota beats New Orleans. N.O. is a juggernaut right now.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Quote Originally Posted by Redhook View Post
    I'd be very surprised if Minnesota beats New Orleans. N.O. is a juggernaut right now.
    Minn has a better defense. I'll be looking forward to this game.
    Last edited by Newport Red; 01-17-2010 at 11:03 PM.

NO's defense isn't all that great. They almost rely on forcing turnovers alone, so I think that will really determine who wins.

I see Favre throwing 3-4 interceptions next week, you know a performance like that is coming, either next week or in the Super Bowl.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Quote Originally Posted by Redhook View Post
    Would love to see N.O. make it to the SB, but they didn't look so hot in their last 3 regular season losses. N.O's total defense was 25th (26th vs pass, 21st vs rush).

Will be interesting to see how Brees handles the Vike's pass rush.

IMO... the Vikes win.

On a different note concerning the Favre "drama", and his retirement, un-retirement, etc. I would agree with most that the way Favre handled it didn't cast him in a good light, and opened him up for ridicule.

But I've always liked Brett. And I try to put myself in his shoes, when one reaches that age and is sitting at a crossroad trying to cope with a very emotional decision. He didn't handle it very well I agree..... but looking at his spectacular play this season it's obvious the guy, at age 40, still had the passion for the game, and showed it on the field.

I tip my hat to the guy.

And I was sooooo glad they beat them Cowboys. I hate the Cowboys!

Seeing the Stone Mountain look on Jerry Jone's face with 5 minutes left in the game made my day.

Wade Phillips beware! :

And people are making a big deal of that late TD by the Vikes. Funny, Dallas didn't lay off of Philly in the last two games. N.O. beat the crap out of Arizona.

I guess you're not allowed to do that though to "America's team". All the experts built up Dallas and expected them to win that game. Most didn't give Minnesota a chance. So I have no problem with Minnesota kinda taking it personally (if they did). That's football.

Kinda liked Vike TE Shiancoe's response to Cowboy LBer Brooking's who called them classless..... "OK, we apologize. I'm sorry. Better?"
    Last edited by GAC; 01-18-2010 at 05:09 AM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    I see Favre throwing 3-4 interceptions next week, you know a performance like that is coming, either next week or in the Super Bowl.
    While I agree that has been Favre's history, the guy has only thrown 7 INTs all year. The most he threw in one game this year was 2 vs Arizona. When you look at all the starting QBs this year that have at least 500 ATT's, Brett's tied for the least with Rodgers of GB.

But anything's possible. QBs have bad days (see: Romo); but looking at the N.O's pass rush, unless they can find inventive ways to put pressure on Favre (that's when he forces the ball and makes his mistakes), then it could be a long day for N.O's IMO.

But Minnesota has to get Peterson more involved, which takes some of the pressure off of Favre. And I think Peterson will be next week.
    Last edited by GAC; 01-18-2010 at 05:11 AM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

I've been a cursed Reds/Sixers/Vikings fan since my youth.

A sweet little victory eases the sting for awhile.....as a loss to the Cowboys would have made it a long offseason. If they lose to the Saints...it will at least be palatable. As REds fans we all know about lowered expectations.
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    While I agree that has been Favre's history, the guy has only thrown 7 INTs all year. The most he threw in one game this year was 2 vs Arizona. When you look at all the starting QBs this year that have at least 500 ATT's, Brett's tied for the least with Rodgers of GB.

But anything's possible. QBs have bad days (see: Romo); but looking at the N.O's pass rush, unless they can find inventive ways to put pressure on Favre (that's when he forces the ball and makes his mistakes), then it could be a long day for N.O's IMO.

But Minnesota has to get Peterson more involved, which takes some of the pressure off of Favre. And I think Peterson will be next week.
    Looks like I was right. The guy historically just does stupid crap in high pressure situations. That last interception is exactly the kind of thing I was thinking of.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Turn Off Ads?