Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Colts V Jets

Colts V Jets

I know we got into it a little in the other Colts thread, but I figured I'd start a new thread. I'm really excited for this game, I guess just because the Colts are back in the AFC championship for what seems like the first time in forever.

I've been doing something lately I don't usually do, which is listen to ESPN radio. Tedy Bruschi was on Mike and Mike (I think their show is the worst of all ESPN radio shows) and I am really growing to dislike him. Listening to him talk you'd have thought that Peyton was the rookie QB and Sanchez was the seasoned veteran. So yeah, he picked the Jets to win. I think even if I wasn't a Colts fan I'd root for them just so Bruschi would look stupid.
    Last edited by Razor Shines; 01-20-2010 at 02:11 PM.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Colts V Jets

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    I know we got into it a little in the other Colts thread, but I figured I'd start a new thread. I'm really excited for this game, I guess just because the Colts are back in the AFC championship for what seems like the first time in forever.

I've been doing something lately I don't usually do, which is listen to ESPN radio. Tedy Bruschi was on Mike and Mike (I think their show is the worst of all ESPN radio shows) and I am really growing to dislike him. Listening to him talk you'd have thought that Peyton was the rookie QB and Sanchez was the seasoned veteran. So yeah, he picked the Jets to win. I think even if I wasn't a Colts fan I'd root for them just so Bruschi would look stupid.
    I'm not a Colts fan despite my location(or perhaps because of it but that's another matter) but I agree.
    They were talking about things they did to confuse Peyton 7-8 years ago or things the Steelers did in 2005. I wouldn't be shocked if the Jets win on Sunday, but if they do, it won't be because Peyton is fooled by 8 year old tricks.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    I'm not a Colts fan despite my location(or perhaps because of it but that's another matter) but I agree.
    They were talking about things they did to confuse Peyton 7-8 years ago or things the Steelers did in 2005. I wouldn't be shocked if the Jets win on Sunday, but if they do, it won't be because Peyton is fooled by 8 year old tricks.
    Yeah, I think that's where I am as well. The Jets are good team and it's very possible for the Colts to lose, but I don't think it's because Peyton will be rattled.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

How ironic would it be if the Jets won after the Colts laid down for them to let them in the playoff? That said, I still think the Colts win.

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

I think if this game is played 10 times, the Jets would win once or twice. I honestly think Saints/Vikings is the tougher game to predict (although I'm taking the Saints).

I think Manning and the Colts have enough experience with blitzing defenses that they should be able to put enough points on the board to win. And it won't take much. With the speed of the Colts defense, I think the Jets will be lucky to top 14 points.

With the way the Colts D contained Ray Rice (who is better than Greene and Jones), I don't see how the Jets score more than once or twice, unless they happen to get a pick-6 TD on defense. If Brackett and the middle of the Colts D-line and LBs can clog the middle of the field, Sanchez and the offense are in serious trouble.

Prediction: Colts 17, Jets 10

Quote Originally Posted by Deepred05 View Post
    How ironic would it be if the Jets won after the Colts laid down for them to let them in the playoff? That said, I still think the Colts win.

This is false. The Colts did not lay down for the Jets to make the playoffs. They laid down to rest their starters and get healthy. The Jets happened to be the fortunate opponent that week, but they still had to beat the Bengals the following week (who also rested some starters).

It wasn't about wanting the Jets to make the playoffs, it was about wanting the Colts to be healthy and rested when it was time for the playoffs.

Here are my thought right now about the game

-The Jets are riding one heck of a momentum wave right now.
    -The Jets OLine is playing amazing right now.
    -The Colts were able to shake off some rust against Baltimore and should be clicking.
    -Revis will take away Wayne forcing Collie and Garcon to beat them.
    -The game may come down to Clark making plays.
    -Sanchez is very over rated as a QB right now.
    -Stop the Jets running game you win.
    -Colts go up 2 scores and the game is over.

And let's not forget that the Colts are undefeated this year in games when the starters played the whole time. It was about 5 weeks ago that the Jets lost at home to the Falcons in what was their biggest game of the year at that time.

I hope the Colts stomp the Jets so we don't have to hear from Rex Ryan the rest of the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by CTA513 View Post
    I hope the Colts stomp the Jets so we don't have to hear from Rex Ryan the rest of the playoffs.
    Rex Ryan alone would make the two week buildup before the SB nearly unbearable. I already have to turn the channel anytime he speaks. He'd get much worse if his team wins the AFC Championship.

Is it me or is the national media praying for a Jets win?
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    Is it me or is the national media praying for a Jets win?

I don't know about that. Ordinarily, a NY team in the championship would be great for the national media. But Indy has Manning and he's one of the most popular players in the NFL now. He does about a billion commercials so it certainly can't hurt to have him in the Super Bowl. I really don't think any of the national media - with the exception of Mike Greenberg - will be too sad about any combination of the 4 teams in the Super Bowl. Even though New Orleans is a smaller market, they can talk about Katrina and how they had to play games in San Antonio. Minnesota has Favre - need I say more?
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

I think it will essentially be a replay of the Colts/Ravens game.

It will be a rough go, but Manning and co. will scrape up enough points against a tough Jet defense. Manning won't pull a Phillip Rivers.

And I think Manning will keep the Jets defense on the field long enough to not allow the Jets ground game to get rolling.

The wild card in this is the Jets are hot. They could pull off the upset. But I don't think so.

I still say Colts-Saints in the supe. Favre can get rattled. Brees can't.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Matt Hasselback's wife made some good points the other day in that the Jets scheme is essentially the same as Baltimores, so this gives Peyton two consecutive weeks to work a defense. Peyton Manning + any type of advantage = win

Personally, I think Peyton is so good that he will get his, no matter how good the defense is. I also think that the Colts D should completely shut down the Jets lackluster offense.

That is why I thought Palmer would be able to beat the Jets beacuse he has done well against that type of defense...even in the bad years...Palmer has beaten his defense.

I hope that Manning does beat it...and the Colts beat them soundly.....It is amazing how a team goes from being underrated to so overrated that you really start to hate them.

They act as if the Jets defense has developed a new magical way of playing football that is impossible to defeat. Also... Revis is always putting his hands on a WR.....and yet never is called for illegal use of hands...even when he sticks his hands in front of the receivers face mask. He is very good but he seems to have some of these referees unable to understand that he has his hands on the WR and that is not legal.

Turn Off Ads?