Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Colts V Jets

Re: Colts V Jets

I like the parallels between the Jets and Ravens D. But I think what makes the Jets D better is their coverage skills. Baltimore's weakness was a against the pass the season. You can't say the same thing about the Jets.

Indy should win this game. There is little doubt that they are the overall better team. But if I were an Indy fan this Jets hot streak would scare me a little bit.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Other team's kickers are 0 for 5 against the Jets in the playoffs this year. They've had some nice luck on their side.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    Other team's kickers are 0 for 5 against the Jets in the playoffs this year. They've had some nice luck on their side.
    Thanks for bringing up Shank Graham.

They holler mean things at the kickers and scare them.

Pay attention to the open sky

I agree with the comments about Revis. How he finds a way to be so aggressive without getting penalties is why he is so good.

If the Jets win the Super Bowl, Marvin's really going to commit to the run. If that happens, then they better draft a Tight End as good as Dustin Keller by picking up Jermaine Gresham in the 1st Round this season. They should do it whether the Jets win the Super Bowl or not.

Yeah, I think that's where I am as well. The Jets are good team and it's very possible for the Colts to lose, but I don't think it's because Peyton will be rattled.
    Ummm, most games I remember the Colts losing is because Peyton WAS rattled. The guy has the "choke" reputation on him for a reason even with a Super Bowl. heck, just watching the Baltimore game last week he looked different. He gets happy feet SO easily. Even back to his Tennessee days, Florida was ALWAYS their biggest rival and never played well enough to beat them OR a NC until the year after he left.

I even put the entire '06 Pittsburgh game on him as well. Yes, yes, I know the OL didn't play well and he basically threw them and Vanderchoke under the bus, but Peyton should've never let Vanderchoke kick that 46 yard field goal. I still remember watching the game and it's 2nd 2 on the 31 yard line and Peyton throws NOT once, but TWICE to the endzone 30 yards away on 2nd and 2. Instead of picking up 10-15 or even 20 more yards, the guy makes some boneheaded throws to the endzone to let a kicker that all Colts fans knew who didn't perform well under pressure. That's all on the QB and it should be. . . and the guy had the nerve to criticize the kicker knowing full well he didn't trust him in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by BRM View Post
    Rex Ryan alone would make the two week buildup before the SB nearly unbearable. I already have to turn the channel anytime he speaks. He'd get much worse if his team wins the AFC Championship.
    Agreed. I'd rather have the Colts in the Super Bowl and I've been rooting against them all year. Colts fans should be scared about the game. Yeah, yeah I know Colts didn't play a full 4 quarters and played the Jets well before then. However, this will be a game Peyton struggles in and will have to settle for FG's. I think the Colts get close to losing this game, but Matt Stover wins the game, IMO.
    Last edited by ChazzReinhold; 01-22-2010 at 09:32 AM.

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

PEyton Manning still has a choke label? Huh? He is 8-8 in the playoffs, 1-1 in AFC Championship Games, and 1-0 in the Super Bowl. How is that choking? He got that monkey off his back years ago, and now I think he will win his second world championship which would cement his place at or near the top of all-time QBs.

Quote Originally Posted by ChazzReinhold View Post
    Ummm, most games I remember the Colts losing is because Peyton WAS rattled. The guy has the "choke" reputation on him for a reason even with a Super Bowl. heck, just watching the Baltimore game last week he looked different. He gets happy feet SO easily. Even back to his Tennessee days, Florida was ALWAYS their biggest rival and never played well enough to beat them OR a NC until the year after he left.

I even put the entire '06 Pittsburgh game on him as well. Yes, yes, I know the OL didn't play well and he basically threw them and Vanderchoke under the bus, but Peyton should've never let Vanderchoke kick that 46 yard field goal. I still remember watching the game and it's 2nd 2 on the 31 yard line and Peyton throws NOT once, but TWICE to the endzone 30 yards away on 2nd and 2. Instead of picking up 10-15 or even 20 more yards, the guy makes some boneheaded throws to the endzone to let a kicker that all Colts fans knew who didn't perform well under pressure. That's all on the QB and it should be. . . and the guy had the nerve to criticize the kicker knowing full well he didn't trust him in the first place.

Agreed. I'd rather have the Colts in the Super Bowl and I've been rooting against them all year. Colts fans should be scared about the game. Yeah, yeah I know Colts didn't play a full 4 quarters and played the Jets well before then. However, this will be a game Peyton struggles in and will have to settle for FG's. I think the Colts get close to losing this game, but Matt Stover wins the game, IMO.
    Ok, that explains the first part of your post. I'll let it go as pure Manning/Colt hatred.

Quote Originally Posted by ChazzReinhold View Post
    For the most part I don't think Payton is a big game GM. With all the talent that has surrounded him its odd to think that he has only been to one super bowl in his career. I think a win over the Jets and you can officially remove the "choke" label from him. If the Colts lost to the Jets the questions about him in big games will continue.

I have always found it odd that Peyton escaped most of the criticism from that game. I feel along the same lines as you do. He went for the kill shot instead of getting a 1st down and gaining an extra 15 yards to set up an easier FG. Granted its the NFL but 46 yards is a guarantee.

Right now I really don't care who makes the super bowl. The only team I would want to see win is the Saints. Don't want to hear about Brett Favre for 2 weeks straight. Don't want to hear Rex Ryan have a mic for 2 weeks straight. And have never really been a big fan of Peyton. I am interested in seeing how Garcon and Collie play against the Jets. That is the matchup I am most looking forward to in this game.

If it comes down to a FG kicking contest the Jets have been incredibly lucky this entire post season.

I think the Jets D needs to be +2 in the turnover battle and it needs to lead to at least 10 points, 1 touchdown minimum.

If Sanchez is forced to pass, the game snowballs in Indy's favor.
    "Hyperbole is the greatest thing ever" Redsland

Anyone want to help me decidde who I should root for, or more against?
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blumj View Post
    Anyone want to help me decidde who I should root for, or more against?
    I'm rooting for the Jets -- mostly because it's what the Colts deserve for rolling over and playing dead against them a few weeks back instead of going for the undefeated season.
    Championships Matter.
    23 Years and Counting...

Blowing away bad memories Redsfan320's Avatar

You should root for the Colts. Not only because they're the better team, but for two other reasons:

1. They're local.

2. The Jets beat the Bengals, so if you care, that's another reason.

This is looking to be a good game, with lots of good D on both teams.

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfan320 View Post
    You should root for the Colts. Not only because they're the better team, but for two other reasons:

1. They're local.

2. The Jets beat the Bengals, so if you care, that's another reason.

This is looking to be a good game, with lots of good D on both teams.

I'm not a Bengals fan, though, and NY is way more local for me than Indy.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

Turn Off Ads?