Turn Off Ads?

Thread: PRoject proJECT: Paul Janish

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

PRoject proJECT: Paul Janish

First from nate:

*If you have the wherewithall, these are useful stats to include in your well-reasoned projections:

* IP
    * Strikeouts
    * Walks
    * Hits allowed
    * Home runs allowed

Hitters:

* PA/AB
    * Hits, 2B, 3B, HR
    * Walks

(needs in parenthesis):

* Bronson Arroyo: (GS)
    * Homer Bailey: (Hits allowed)
    * Wladimir Balentien: (games, hits)
    * Jay Bruce: (games, hits)
    * Jared Burton: (games, projections)
    * Aroldis Chapman: (more projections, please!)
    * Francisco Cordero: (more projections, please!)
    * Johnny Cueto: (starts and more projections, please)
    * Chris Dickerson: (games, hits, strikeouts)
    * Carlos Fisher: (more projections, please!)
    * Juan Francisco: (more projections, please!)
    * Ryan Hanigan: (more projections, please!)
    * Aaron Harang: (games)
    * Chris Heisey: (more projections, please!)
    * Ramon Hernandez: (more projections, please!)
    * Daniel Ray Herrara: (more projections, please!)
    Now:

142 G, .238/.310/.412, .722 OPS, 618 PA, 560 AB, 50 BB, 2 HBP, 4 SF, 2 SH, 76 K, 133 H, 45 2B, 7 3B, 3 HR, 39 RBI, 1 National League Shortstop Gold Glove, .996 FP, 7 E

Whew! 18 different stats + OPS, 19 including the Gold Glove.

I challenge anyone to do better!

Last edited by Redsfan320; 01-22-2010 at 12:52 PM.
    I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Re: PRoject proJECT: Paul Janish

Here's all you need to know.

Paul Janish
    Position: Shortstop
    Bats second, dude.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

Hey, TBL. Make sure your next post is a good one. It'll be #3000.

Just FYI.

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

He'll never get a Gold Glove. Even if he had a 1.000 FP. He's an unknown.

I think you are in the ballpark with the first slashes: .238/.310, but I don't know how you expect him to SLG .412 - that would mean that just about every other hit other than his 3 HR's will be doubles...

I don't think he'll get walked that much batting 2nd either, he'll more than likely get pitched too a lot if he's batting 2nd. MAYBE if he's batting 8th, he might get walked more to get to the pitcher.

PEACE

-BLEEDS
    I think that in a year or two, one of these guys - Frazier, Dorn, Valaika, Cumberland, Stubbs - will be ready to replace Dunn. They won't hit as many home runs as Dunn, but they should have similar OPS. - 757690, July 22, 2008

Alonso will be playing 1B for the REDS and batting 4th one year from today. - Kingspoint, July 9, 2009

On this team, he's too much of an Offensive liability. If he had Gold Glove skills, then he'd be an asset, but I don't think that's where he is at right now defensively.

Anyway, I think Walt will be looking for a starter, and will find one before the season begins, or at worst, a platoon at Shortstop.

If Janish proves to be too much of a liability offensively, who from the organization gets the opportunity, without being too much liability in the field? Rosales? Seems to me he's not much better at the plate, nothing special in the field. Appears the brass think little of Frazier at SS. Cozart is a year or so off, and what of his offense? Does that leave Valaika? He hit well late last year after his hand healed. How is he in the field?

142 G, .238/.310/.412, .722 OPS, 618 PA, 560 AB, 50 BB, 2 HBP, 4 SF, 2 SH, 76 K, 133 H, 45 2B, 7 3B, 3 HR, 39 RBI, 1 National League Shortstop Gold Glove, .996 FP, 7 E
    Well. I guess all this needs changed. :sigh: Let's see:

30 G, the line remains the same, 1 HR, 7 RBI, trash everything else there

I may re-do some of the other stats later.

Turn Off Ads?