Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Which 2 teams will be in the Superbowl?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Colts-Saints- Manning vs. Brees

26 55.32%
  • Colts-Vikings- Manning vs. Favre

18 38.30%
  • Jets-Saints- Sanchez vs. Brees

2 4.26%
  • Jets-Vikings- Sanchez vs. Favre

1 2.13%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Superbowl Matchup

Blowing away bad memories Redsfan320's Avatar

Superbowl Matchup

I'm goin' Colts-Vikings. Don't know who I'd root for. Manning or Favre

Vote fast. Only 48 hours.

I doubt the two match-ups with the Jets will get many votes at all.

OOPS WRONG FORUM. MODS PLEASE MOVE!-- THANKS, WHATEVER MOD IT WAS!!
    Last edited by Redsfan320; 01-22-2010 at 04:27 PM.
    I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Superbowl Matchup

I voted Colts/Saints. You know Favre is going throw that one truly awful pass to cause the Vikings to lose the game. I think this is the season that Manning will make himself special and win his 2nd Super Bowl.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

Colts/Saints, Colts win.

Colts vs. Saints, Colts win in a thriller. I think all of the potential matchups are exciting, there isn't a boring game to be found in the lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_the_Red View Post
    Colts/Saints, Colts win.
    Yep!!!
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Colts Vikes with Favre getting it done.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Cincinnati Bengals - None
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

The Colts/Saints has the best story lines. Peyton grew up in Saint's country and his father played for the Saints and now plays for the Colts while Brees played college ball at Purdue and of course now plays for the Saints.
    When people say that I donít know what Iím talking about when it comes to sports or writing, I think: Man, you should see me in the rest of my life.
    ---Joe Posnanski

I'm picking the Colts and Saints. I really don't care who wins as long as it's not the Jets. I just don't like them.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

www.kylevoska.com - Golfer? Check out my blog for golf tips.

I voted for Favre/Manning. I'd love to see both of these QBs win a super bowl, so I couldn't be disappointed. I also like to watch the Saints play, and earlier in the season, I thought a Saints/Colts match up would be very exciting (til both teams cooled off).

I'd love to see Favre win a SB @ 40 y/o. Then again, I think Peyton is the best QB of all time and another Super Bowl would help build his resume.

Blowing away bad memories Redsfan320's Avatar

Yeah, if it's a Manning-Favre Superbowl, there could be a very good argument that the two best QBs ever are playing in a Superbowl.

How's that for a "good storyline"?

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

The Jets aren't getting much respect but, after their win last week, I could see them pulling off another upset vs the Colts. I'm just hoping for some good games but the NFC Championship might as well be the Super Bowl this year as good as those teams are.
    Last edited by redsfandan; 01-23-2010 at 10:36 AM.
    "Now that's a real shame when folks be throwin' away a perfectly good white boy like that."

I picked Colts-Saints although I would personally rather see Favre and the Vikes in there. It would be kinda neat to have Favre win one more and rub it in Green Bay's face. I'm a big Manning fan so if it is Colts-Vikes I will be torn and therefore just hope for a good matchup that goes to the wire or even OT.
    "Trying is the first step towards failure." Homer Simpson

"I wasn't looking too good but I was feeling real well." Keith Richards

Quote Originally Posted by PedroBourbon View Post
    I picked Colts-Saints although I would personally rather see Favre and the Vikes in there. It would be kinda neat to have Favre win one more and rub it in Green Bay's face. I'm a big Manning fan so if it is Colts-Vikes I will be torn and therefore just hope for a good matchup that goes to the wire or even OT.

How would he be rubbing it in their face? The Packers wouldn't have been any better with Favre. I'd bet that Farve wouldn't have had as good a season as Aaron Rogers if he would have been the Packers QB this year.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfandan View Post
    The Jets aren't getting much respect but, after their win last week, I could see them pulling off another upset vs the Colts. I'm just hoping for some good games but the NFC Championship might as well be the Super Bowl this year as good as those teams are.
    I was listening to NY radio yesterday (WFAN) and for the most part Jets fans thought the Colts would win. I was suprised because IMO NY fans of all sports generally aren't so humble or realistic.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Quote Originally Posted by George Anderson View Post
    I was listening to NY radio yesterday (WFAN) and for the most part Jets fans thought the Colts would win. I was suprised because IMO NY fans of all sports generally aren't so humble or realistic.
    I saw Mark Patrick on the CBS Morning show and they also Boomer and another guy from WFAN on their. It was pretty humorous. I know that MP rubs some people the wrong way but I've known him since I was a kid (or I should say I knew him when I was a kid) and I like him. I was surprised to check out WNDE's web page last week and see that he was back hosting MPOS. Anyway here's that video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31FBI...ayer_embedded#
    Last edited by Razor Shines; 01-23-2010 at 11:59 AM.

Turn Off Ads?