Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Which 2 teams will be in the Superbowl?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Colts-Saints- Manning vs. Brees

26 55.32%
  • Colts-Vikings- Manning vs. Favre

18 38.30%
  • Jets-Saints- Sanchez vs. Brees

2 4.26%
  • Jets-Vikings- Sanchez vs. Favre

1 2.13%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Superbowl Matchup

Re: Superbowl Matchup

Jets not getting much respect? Every time I watch ESPN they have some statistic showing that the Colts are guaranteed to lose.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I Cant shake the feeling that this is going to be one of those games where Brett throws for like 350 yds but like 3-4 INTs.

Brees turns it over less to make it Elder Manning's old team vs Peyton Manning.

*Edit*

I think ESPN is hoping for Colts vs Vikings so they can drool all over Brett Favre for another 2 weeks.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    Jets not getting much respect? Every time I watch ESPN they have some statistic showing that the Colts are guaranteed to lose.
    I was referring to the fact that out of 44 votes 41 are for the Colts to make the Super Bowl and only 3 votes are for the Jets to make it. So, at least on RedsZone, I don't see a lot of respect for them if that poll is any indication.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    I am convinced that the Colts will not be able to gain 1 yard on the Jets D.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

I was referring to the fact that out of 44 votes 41 are for the Colts to make the Super Bowl and only 3 votes are for the Jets to make it. So, at least on RedsZone, I don't see a lot of respect for them if that poll is any indication.
    This is because the Colts are, factually, a very good team, as are the Saints and Vikings, (I don't believe the Jets are, but okay), as well as the the fact that there are a lot of Colts fans here.

Good team + Lots of fans here = LOTS of votes (1 of them mine)

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

Here's an interesting article on why CBS wants the Jets to lose today.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...yhoo&type=lgns
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfan320 View Post
    This is because the Colts are, factually, a very good team, as are the Saints and Vikings, (I don't believe the Jets are, but okay), as well as the the fact that there are a lot of Colts fans here.

Good team + Lots of fans here = LOTS of votes (1 of them mine)

We have one team in the Colts without a running attack vs another team in the Jets that does have a running attack and a better defense too. Upsets can happen.

I wouldn't rank the Colts as high as the Saints or Vikings. It doesn't matter who wins today, the NFC team will most likely be the favorite in the Super Bowl.

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redsfandan View Post
    We have one team in the Colts without a running attack vs another team in the Jets that does have a running attack and a better defense too. Upsets can happen.

I wouldn't rank the Colts as high as the Saints or Vikings. It doesn't matter who wins today, the NFC team will most likely be the favorite in the Super Bowl.
    I'll take that bet. The Colts are the favorites to win the Super Bowl according to Vegas. They will be favored against either the Saints or Vikings.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_the_Red View Post
    I'll take that bet. The Colts are the favorites to win the Super Bowl according to Vegas. They will be favored against either the Saints or Vikings.
    Wow, that's surprising (at least to me).

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

I think, after much reflection, that I want to see a Saints v. Jets Super Bowl. My rationale is:

1. The Jets beating Indy would go down in history as one of the all-time greatest "karma is a beytoch" moments in sports history. The then-undefeated Colts rolled over and played dead at the end of the season and, as a result, the Jets made the playoffs. Being eliminated by that same Jets team in the post-season would be an amazing end to that story.

2. I want to see the Saints win a Super Bowl, and I want to see Archie Manning there to celebrate with the team, wearing the black and gold. Manning is a beloved figure in New Orleans and was the lone bright spot on some truly awful teams -- he deserves to enjoy watching his team and his city win the big one without the distraction of having it come at the expense of his son's team.

3. I don't want to see a shootout in the Super Bowl, and this is one of the two matchups (the other being Jets / Vikings) where you wouldn't be insane to bet the under.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by redsfandan View Post

The Colts ran the ball for 101 yds against the best defense against the rush in the NFL. They have enough of a running attack to keep teams honest.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    The Colts ran the ball for 101 yds against the best defense against the rush in the NFL. They have enough of a running attack to keep teams honest.
    The Colts could run the ball better, they just do not commit to it.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Which is the bigger surprise, the Colts running for 101 yds or the Jets only running for 86 yards?

Well it's Colts- Saints.

GO COLTS!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

How would he be rubbing it in their face? The Packers wouldn't have been any better with Favre. I'd bet that Farve wouldn't have had as good a season as Aaron Rogers if he would have been the Packers QB this year.
    It's a moot point now, but what I meant at the time was Favre winning a Superbowl with a hated rival of Green Bay would be a big **** you to the organization that closed the door on him. It's no coincidence that Favre landed in Minnesota this year. That choice had some revenge factor figured in.
    "Trying is the first step towards failure." Homer Simpson

"I wasn't looking too good but I was feeling real well." Keith Richards

Turn Off Ads?