Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Who will win Superbowl XLIV?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Indianapolis Colts

22 81.48%
  • New Orleans Saints

5 18.52%
Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Superbowl XLIV: Indianapolis Colts vs. New Orleans Saints @ Sun Life Stadium

Superbowl XLIV: Indianapolis Colts vs. New Orleans Saints @ Sun Life Stadium

Well, let's get it started.

I'll be in Orlando for it, so I may not be able to post then.

I'm definitely rooting for the Colts here.

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Superbowl XLIV: Indianapolis Colts vs. New Orleans Saints @ Sun Life Stadium

I'm guessing the early line will be Colts (-4).
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Re: Superbowl XLIV: Indianapolis Colts vs. New Orleans Saints @ Sun Life Stadium

I wonder how many times Archie Manning will be asked how hard it will be to root against the Saints.?
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered View Post
    I'm guessing the early line will be Colts (-4).
    Too low.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Stat geek...and proud

I think the line will open at Indy -3.5.

Quote Originally Posted by George Anderson View Post
    I wonder how many times Archie Manning will be asked how hard it will be to root against the Saints.?
    Or Vilma and Garcon's Haitian roots will be discussed.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

I think the final line will be Indy -5.5.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

They changed the name of the stadium again? I liked Land Shark!
    Go Gators!

It would be nice had the Colts decided not to be pansies and go for history. They could be going for 19-0 and a team that everyone would remember.

Now, most people will have to think for a minute in 10 years (and still probably not get it) who won the 2010 Super Bowl.

Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

I'm loving seeing the Saints in the Super Bowl. It's been a long time coming.

I have to admit, though, I think the Vikings had a better chance to beat Indianapolis. They were probably the most across-the-board rock-solid team in the NFL, and they had the type of defense that had a chance against Manning, with a great front four that can get pressure without selling out on the blitz. Unfortunately, they decided to be generous today after having the lowest turnover figure in the NFC this year. Go figure.
    Reading comprehension is not just an ability, it's a choice

The announcers just said the opening line is 3.5.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

It's opened at Colts -4, and depending on where you look it's already gone as high as -5 1/2.

Edit: or opened at 3 1/2 depending on where you go I guess!

Quote Originally Posted by ChazzReinhold View Post
    It would be nice had the Colts decided not to be pansies and go for history. They could be going for 19-0 and a team that everyone would remember.

Now, most people will have to think for a minute in 10 years (and still probably not get it) who won the 2010 Super Bowl.
    The NFL doesn't give trophies to teams with undefeated regular seasons.

They only give trophies to SB Champs.

That trophy is all that matters!!

Stat geek...and proud

Quote Originally Posted by George Anderson View Post
    The NFL doesn't give trophies to teams with undefeated regular seasons.

They only give trophies to SB Champs.

That trophy is all that matters!!
    Damn straight! I've already decided I'm taking the day off after the game. I'll need a day to recover from a devastating loss/or go to the victory parade. Either one.

They changed the name of the stadium again? I liked Land Shark!
    Yeah, Sun Life, the insurance company with all the commercials saying how, soon, you will know their name.

Now its on a stadium.
    I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

Turn Off Ads?