Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Who will win Superbowl XLIV?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Indianapolis Colts

22 81.48%
  • New Orleans Saints

5 18.52%
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Superbowl XLIV: Indianapolis Colts vs. New Orleans Saints @ Sun Life Stadium

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

Re: Superbowl XLIV: Indianapolis Colts vs. New Orleans Saints @ Sun Life Stadium

Quote Originally Posted by George Anderson View Post
    The announcers just said the opening line is 3.5.
    Take the Colts and give the points.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Superbowl XLIV: Indianapolis Colts vs. New Orleans Saints @ Sun Life Stadium

The NFL doesn't give trophies to teams with undefeated regular seasons.

They only give trophies to SB Champs.

That trophy is all that matters!!
    However teams that go undefeated and win the Super Bowl go on to live in our memories forever. Most folks can't remember who won the Super Bowl in 2002, however folks always remember the 72 Dolphins.

People have opinions that go either way on this matter. I feel that if you have a chance to make history, you go for it.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Quote Originally Posted by IslandRed View Post
    I'm loving seeing the Saints in the Super Bowl. It's been a long time coming.

I have to admit, though, I think the Vikings had a better chance to beat Indianapolis. They were probably the most across-the-board rock-solid team in the NFL, and they had the type of defense that had a chance against Manning, with a great front four that can get pressure without selling out on the blitz. Unfortunately, they decided to be generous today after having the lowest turnover figure in the NFC this year. Go figure.
    I agree with this. That Vikings defense made the vaunted Saints offense look like the Bengals. They had a hard time even throwing screens. I had thought once the Vikings got outside the Metrodome they would look ordinary but they proved me wrong. But I don't know if Favre would have been healed up enough to be effective. He got pretty banged up yesterday.

I think it will be a shootout. Neither defense is strong enough to really control each other's offense. Manning and Brees will throw for all kinds of yardage. Turnovers will decide the game (as usual).
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    However teams that go undefeated and win the Super Bowl go on to live in our memories forever. Most folks can't remember who won the Super Bowl in 2002, however folks always remember the 72 Dolphins.

People have opinions that go either way on this matter. I feel that if you have a chance to make history, you go for it.
    Undeafeated no doubt would have been great, but again it all comes down to winning the SB.

Colts fans in general were very angry when they pulled the starters against the Jets, but the next week in Buffalo when they played on a slick, snow covered field just ripe for danger, the anger from the fans for the most part kinda went away.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Should be a great game. Both teams are prolific on offense. Defense wins games in the end. The Colts defense is better than the Saints. Colts will win this one 27-24.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    That's a very good point. But in the end, it's really our problem, not theirs. They know who won. Super Bowl rings have a way of jogging the memory.
    Reading comprehension is not just an ability, it's a choice

The Patriots won the Super Bowl in 2002. I'd say many fans remember past winners, and for fans in that city they remember forever.

Bengals fans know what years they were in the Super Bowl, and they lost. How many remember what the Bengals' records were those seasons?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_the_Red View Post
    The Patriots won the Super Bowl in 2002. I'd say many fans remember past winners, and for fans in that city they remember forever.

Bengals fans know what years they were in the Super Bowl, and they lost. How many remember what the Bengals' records were those seasons?
    12-4 both times.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post
    12-4 both times.
    Point being, more fans remember who won the Super Bowl than remember that teams regular season record. The Colts made the right decision.

Point being, more fans remember who won the Super Bowl than remember that teams regular season record. The Colts made the right decision.
    They would remember the record if it was an undefeated season. That said, I don't have a huge problem with their decision either.

Quote Originally Posted by BRM View Post
    They would remember the record if it was an undefeated season. That said, I don't have a huge problem with their decision either.
    True, but teams have to evaluate perfect seasons on a team-by-team basis. The Colts had some starters dealing with injuries, and they were able to rest them up before the playoffs. It was the right call, IMO.

Take the Colts and give the points.
    I agree. I expect the Colts will win, and cover the point spread.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Undeafeated no doubt would have been great, but again it all comes down to winning the SB.

Colts fans in general were very angry when they pulled the starters against the Jets, but the next week in Buffalo when they played on a slick, snow covered field just ripe for danger, the anger from the fans for the most part kinda went away.
    However they played Dallas Clark and a few others to meet personal records. I just don't get pulling them in the Jets game one week but have them start on slick turf in Buffalo so they can get there catches. Seems like a double standard.

My biggest thing is this if you have a chance to do something only one other team has done (72 Dolphins) you go for it. It's the difference between being great and becoming legendary.
    Last edited by KoryMac5; 01-25-2010 at 11:56 AM.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

No one's going to remember who won the 2010 SB in 10-15 years anyway unless you're one of those geeks who remembers SB winners from the past 40 years.

Did Cal Ripken shut it down 2 months before his streak to get ready for an AS game or playoffs? (If he was even in playoff contention.)

This is a bad matchup for the Saints. They face a team that has an offense on par with theirs. Thats OK if the defenses are equal and they are not. The Colts D can stop the Saints O, but I'm not sure the Saints D can stop Indy's O.

The Saints hope is that they get turnovers - but counting on Manning to turn the ball over is not a great bet.

Colts win 35-24 I think.
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Turn Off Ads?