Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Bronson Arroyo Donates "Milk" to Haiti.

Bronson Arroyo Donates "Milk" to Haiti.

Bronson Arroyo believes that special milk will do a Haitian good!!

Whether it's through texting, calling George Clooney or downloading a live Wilco album, there are plenty of ways to help Haiti in a non-traditional manner.

There's also the path taken by Bronson Arroyo(notes), which ranks as one of the most unique donations. After reaching into his magical cabinet, the Reds pitcher is sending three pallets of milk from OneSource about 10,000 containers to the victims of the earthquake

Reports MLB.com's Mark Sheldon:

"It's a food product, flavored milk with protein in it. I've used it for the last three years," Arroyo said while driving home in Florida. "It's perfect for that situation. It's whole milk that comes in a disposable container and can last up to a year even when it's hot. Third world countries don't have enough milk as it is. I thought it was better than just sending money."

Arroyo coordinated the donation with a Florida-based charity, "For Haiti, With Love." He estimated that the value of the drinks was worth close to $10,000.

Pretty cool of Arroyo to think of a personal way to help down there. In other recent news at the intersection of baseball and Haiti, the Giants raised $19,000 through an auction and baseball fields in the Dominican Republic are serving as staging areas for relief crews.

Sending my Congrats to Bronson for helping the needy!!!!!
    Last edited by TippyDrunks; 01-27-2010 at 08:27 AM.
    Once a Reds Fan Always a Reds fan

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Bronson Arroyo Donates "Milk" to Haiti.

What a move, way to go Bronson!
    UNC Tar Heels 2009 National Champions 5 time NCAA Champs
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09
    Go Heels!!!!!

:arroyo:
    "...kicks and deals, and it's right down Broadway"
    2009 Attendance Record 1-2
    2010 Attendance Record 3-1
    2011 Attendance Record 2-0
    2012 Attendance Record 6-2

I think this helps a guy with an otherwise "shaky" reputation.
    WE DON'T, WE DON'T, WE DON'T MESS AROUND HEY!

Dang, I was gonna send whiskey, this sounds a lot better.

Turn Off Ads?