Thought you guys might like this.

My mother was looking through some old photos the other day and came across a picture postcard of Big Klu, autographed to my grandfather.

My grandfather was a pre-union days coal miner in Eastern Kentucky and a simple country preacher. He was a life-long Reds fan, but only got to see them in person once in his entire life - sometime in the 1960s.

That same decade, my aunt - his daughter - who was living and working in Cincy at the time, got the postcard autographed for my grandfather and sent it to him. All these years later it's an incredible find, and one that I'll treasure forever. I was 11 years old when my grandfather died. It was he who gave me my love for baseball, and the Reds. Eleven is far, far too young for a boy to lose his grandfather.

In any event, the files were too big to post here, but follow this link to my Facebook page and it's the first picture in the album.

The second picture, by the way, is the back of the postcard touting Big Klu's restaurant in downtown Cincinnati.

Hope you enjoy it!

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/a...4&id=506597327