Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Top 5 Burger Joints in the Nati

Top 5 Burger Joints in the Nati

I love a good burger, it's one of my favorite meals. I'm always looking for a new great burger I've never had. Currently my Top 5 in Cincinnati are:

1) Terry's Turf Club - Simply the best burger you'll find anywhere. Very tough to get in now due to it's popularity, but it's worth the wait.
    2) Zip's - Awesome and simple with a great atmosphere. I love Zip's.
    3) Quatman's - Great burgers, but the atmosphere is lacking.
    4) Gordo's - Little Norwood restaurant with big taste. Best Saratoga chips I've ever had to go along with their delicious burgers.
    5) Sammy's - New burger joint off Creek and Kenwood that offers up a solid burger.

Honorable Mention: Arthur's, Habit's, Outback (I know, it's a chain, but there burgers are really good), Brown's Run CC and Western Hills CC (unbelievable burgers at each club, but tough to get if you're not invited)

Let us know what your Top 5 is and hopefully we'll all find a new place to try.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Re: Top 5 Burger Joints in the Nati

I love Five Guys, personally.

We have Five Guys in KC, and it's pretty good for flat-iron cooked burgers. But the best burgers are flame grilled. My friend had a burger at Nicholson's Tavern in the Nati, and he said it was hickory-smoked brilliance.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    Did you post in the wrong thread? This one is about burgers....

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Just my opinion, but I don't see the fascination with Terry's Turf Club. Went once, never planning to go back -- simply isn't as good a burger as you can get at Arthurs, Zips or Quatmans.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Wow. Great list, Redhook. I thought I was the only burger aficionado around here. I was actually at Sammy's today (like I am every week when I'm on lunch break from work) and enjoyed the Chorizo burger. As far as quality of meat and flavor of the burger patty itself, Zip's is the best in the city, hands down imo. Overall, though, you're more likely to be satisfied with your burger at Terry's Turf Club. I wouldn't put Boswell Alley's burgers in the top five, but they're in the top ten, I think. What do you think? Is that reasonable?

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    Did you post in the wrong thread? This one is about burgers....
    I just can't stop myself from telling anybody who'll listen at every opportunity.

There is a new Five Guys out at Tylersville and Cox.

New restaurant in downtown Mason that has a good burger. I forget the name.

Cabana on the River out west of town on US 50 on the river has a darn fine burger. At least in the summer time when they grill them outside.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

1. Zips - The oldest on my list and still my favorite.

2. Terry's - Very good burger but limited seating. Been there are 930 on a Tuesday night and had to wait.

3. Gordo's - Good specialty burger place with very good patties. Another small place and the wait can be long, especially if you are going with 4 people.

4. Arthur's - Don't go in the winter. The back patio is great in the summer. More than just a burger place but the burgers are top notch.

5. 5 guys - Mix between home made patty and fast food patty. Almost too much food but very high quality.

Redhook you bring up a good point, WHCC's burgers have always been top notch.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    http://www.fiveguys.com/menu.aspx
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

I miss White Castles something fierce.

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    Wow. Great list, Redhook. I thought I was the only burger aficionado around here. ...
    Nah, I bet this will end up as a long thread.

I'd be interested in links to any websites these restaurants have. I plan to open my own place in the next year or so.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    Wow. Great list, Redhook. I thought I was the only burger aficionado around here.
    Thanks. No, I'd imagine most Redszoner's think their burger aficionado's.

I was actually at Sammy's today (like I am every week when I'm on lunch break from work) and enjoyed the Chorizo burger. As far as quality of meat and flavor of the burger patty itself, Zip's is the best in the city, hands down imo. Overall, though, you're more likely to be satisfied with your burger at Terry's Turf Club. I wouldn't put Boswell Alley's burgers in the top five, but they're in the top ten, I think. What do you think? Is that reasonable?
    I go back and forth with Terry's and Zip's. There both so good, but so different. We're very lucky to have both, and on top of that, they're only a mile or so away from each other.

Where's Boswell Alley? I've never heard of it.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Olley's Trolley on the cusp of over the rhine is the BEST burger in cincinnati period... and also has the best ribs and fries

Turn Off Ads?