Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Who is Redszone's #36 prospect?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • Junior Arias

6 10.17%
  • Tucker Barnhart

2 3.39%
  • Alex Buchholz

3 5.08%
  • Kevin Coddington

3 5.08%
  • Daniel Corcino

3 5.08%
  • Mark Fleury

2 3.39%
  • Evan Hildenbrandt

2 3.39%
  • Jeremy Horst

7 11.86%
  • Ezequiel Infante

0 0%
  • Jacob Johnson

0 0%
  • Joseph Krebs

0 0%
  • Derrik Lutz

1 1.69%
  • Carlos Mendez

1 1.69%
  • Brian Pearl

0 0%
  • Dave Sappelt

0 0%
  • Alexander Smit

1 1.69%
  • Daryl Thompson

2 3.39%
  • Mace Thurman

5 8.47%
  • Philippe-Alexandre Valiquette

13 22.03%
  • Humberto Valor

4 6.78%
  • Sean Watson

1 1.69%
  • Byron Wiley

2 3.39%
  • Other - Name him

1 1.69%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who is Redszone's #36 prospect?

Re: Who is Redszone's #36 prospect?

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Mace Thurman needs to make the top forty. His numbers were excellent at High A ball and he's not yet 23. Lefty reliever. Lifetime 10.1/3.1 K/BB rate. Based on the numbers, very deserving.
    Also a 1.00 WHIP. The guy has looked good at every stop.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by mace View Post
    Also a 1.00 WHIP. The guy has looked good at every stop.
    That's who's getting my vote since Rodriguez made it...
    2010 Mock Draft Selections (picking for Rays)

Bryce Brentz
    Brandon Workman
    Kris Bryant
    Matt Lipka
    Rick Hague

This was an easy one for me: Jeremy Horst.

It's nice to see a couple other people join me on the Daniel Corcino bandwagon. I'll be voting for Junior Arias after Corcino goes.

I've gone with Valor the past couple of picks, but honestly it's as much a hunch as anything at this point. It's just so hard to differentiate once you get down this far.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Serafini View Post
    I've gone with Valor the past couple of picks, but honestly it's as much a hunch as anything at this point. It's just so hard to differentiate once you get down this far.
    Valor is a nice pick. I plan on voting for him soon. I'm going with Arias next and then will choose between Valor, Jacob Johnson, Mace Thurman, and Byron Wiley.

0ur system is way too deep to end this at 40. There are at least 10-12 guys that I feel should make the cut. Its insane to be voting on the 36th best prospect and still have guys with solid projection. Most systems would be voting on guys with no real shot of even sniffing AAA.
    I voted Horst by the way, has 2 average to above average pitches and projects to be a very solid back of the rotation guy.

From Keith Law's sleepers:

Reds are full of unpolished, big-tools Latin American prospects, led by Yorman Rodriguez, who struggled in his pro debut in 2009, but was just 16 years old playing in the advanced short-season Pioneer League; he's a plus runner with a plus arm with a live bat, but this was his first exposure to decent breaking balls and he might be more of a sleeper for the 2012 or 2013 lists. And remember the name Ismael Guillon, a 17-year-old lefty from Venezuela who had Tommy John surgery right after signing and hasn't pitched in the U.S. yet; he's 90-93 with feel for a changeup and impressed scouts in instructional league last fall.

It's nice to hear an update (a positive one too!) on Ismael Guillon. I was planning on adding him to the poll sometime soon, so this only confirms he should be on there. It's nice that he's already got the Tommy John surgery out of the way while he's still young. I'm looking forward to seeing how he does in the AZL this summer.

Thanks NF!

Turn Off Ads?