Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 155

Thread: Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

  1. #31
    Bread Gloves Razor Shines's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    6,314

    Re: Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

    I play Groundwar with my brothers and friends a lot. That's when I am reminded of how bad I am at this game. In free for all I generally average around 20-25 kills and 10-12 deaths, but in Domination I usually have 20-25 deaths and 15 or so kills.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #32
    Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 513
    Posts
    12,642

    Re: Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

    New annoyance in MW2 -- idiots who run around the map with Lightweight & Akimbo Shotguns shooting people at point-blank range to score 1 hit kills.

    It's a style of play that is just annoying to go up against, and any idiot with half a brain can score 15+ kills on the smaller maps (Scrapyard, Rust, etc.) if they're not worried about dying an equal number of times.

    Odds are high that the person using it will have a high-pitched voice and use lots of racial slurs on the matchup screen afterwards.
    Last edited by Caveat Emperor; 02-04-2010 at 01:01 PM.
    Championships Matter.
    23 Years and Counting...

  4. #33
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Milford, Clifton
    Posts
    1,585

    Re: Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

    Quote Originally Posted by HumnHilghtFreel View Post
    I played GroundWar for the first time tonight. Holy crap is that gametype hectic. Loved it though. Played about 5 games and was between 25-45 kills every time depending on if it was Domination or TDM.
    I always play ground war unless i'm doing s&d with friends or team deathmatch. Ground War dominations usually give me 40+ kills and occasionally I'll get lucky. On Scrapyard I went 80-6 one time with a 24 kill streak (died) then got a nuke later in the game.
    Follow me on twitter @EricLilly7

  5. #34
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Fairfield
    Posts
    1,397

    Re: Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

    Finally beat the Whole game last night have 1000/1000 achievements. Beat Wetwork's only killing 4 people besides the one in the first breach section. Finished in 1:14 secs! Couldn't believe i did it. Crazy! Will be playing online alot with my cousin be sure to join me! Natiredgals is the Tag! 360!
    <a href=http://www.signaturebar.com/><img src=http://www.signaturebar.com/uploads/images/51550.gif border=0></a>

  6. #35
    Vampire Weekend @Bernie's camisadelgolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    11,434

    Re: Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    New annoyance in MW2 -- idiots who run around the map with Lightweight & Akimbo Shotguns shooting people at point-blank range to score 1 hit kills.

    It's a style of play that is just annoying to go up against, and any idiot with half a brain can score 15+ kills on the smaller maps (Scrapyard, Rust, etc.) if they're not worried about dying an equal number of times.

    Odds are high that the person using it will have a high-pitched voice and use lots of racial slurs on the matchup screen afterwards.
    I'm with you. When I'm in team deathmatch, the only stat I truly care about is my kill:death ratio. Even if I have only eight kills, as long as I kill more times than I die, I typically helped my team. The lemming style of play annoys me a great deal when my teammates do it because it takes the funnest part out of the game (the strategy).

  7. #36
    Bread Gloves Razor Shines's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    6,314

    Re: Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    New annoyance in MW2 -- idiots who run around the map with Lightweight & Akimbo Shotguns shooting people at point-blank range to score 1 hit kills.

    It's a style of play that is just annoying to go up against, and any idiot with half a brain can score 15+ kills on the smaller maps (Scrapyard, Rust, etc.) if they're not worried about dying an equal number of times.

    Odds are high that the person using it will have a high-pitched voice and use lots of racial slurs on the matchup screen afterwards.
    What annoys me is people who are mic'd up and complain about how other people play a video game. I don't usually don't have akimbo guns, but lately I've been running around with lightweight and marathon with tactical knife and knifing the crap out of people. However, the chances are if someone complains about a certain way a player is playing, I'll switch my class to grow their annoyance. The most common one I hear is the awesome players who call "campers" queer or gay or other slurs for gay people.

  8. #37
    Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 513
    Posts
    12,642

    Re: Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    What annoys me is people who are mic'd up and complain about how other people play a video game. I don't usually don't have akimbo guns, but lately I've been running around with lightweight and marathon with tactical knife and knifing the crap out of people. However, the chances are if someone complains about a certain way a player is playing, I'll switch my class to grow their annoyance. The most common one I hear is the awesome players who call "campers" queer or gay or other slurs for gay people.
    Every style of play has a counter -- if people are camping a ton, you switch off to a custom class that has a grenade launcher and just grenade-spam where the person is camping out. Even the akimbo shotguns thing is fairly easy to counter -- usually by picking up a sniper rifle or low-recoil gun w/ holosite and just picking a good spot to hang loose. I just personally have a lot more fun playing Team Deathmatch games when there's actually a "team" aspect to things, as opposed to someone running around like a buffoon charging blindly to his death for every 1 kill he picks up.

    And, I guess I missed the FPS etiquette course -- because I don't see how camping is a bad strategy. At least it has a tactical element to it, as opposed to blindly running around and relying on good twitch instincts to rack up kills.
    Last edited by Caveat Emperor; 02-05-2010 at 12:32 AM.
    Championships Matter.
    23 Years and Counting...

  9. #38
    Bread Gloves Razor Shines's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    6,314

    Re: Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    Every style of play has a counter -- if people are camping a ton, you switch off to a custom class that has a grenade launcher and just grenade-spam where the person is camping out. Even the akimbo shotguns thing is fairly easy to counter -- usually by picking up a sniper rifle or low-recoil gun w/ holosite and just picking a good spot to hang loose. I just personally have a lot more fun playing Team Deathmatch games when there's actually a "team" aspect to things, as opposed to someone running around like a buffoon charging blindly to his death for every 1 kill he picks up.

    And, I guess I missed the FPS etiquette course -- because I don't see how camping is a bad strategy. At least it has a tactical element to it, as opposed to blindly running around and relying on good twitch instincts to rack up kills.
    I agree that there is a counter to each style and I really don't have a problem with either strategy. Like you I don't understand how camping could be a bad strategy. I actually have the most fun trying to figure out how to displace a camper whose been destroying the field.

    I have to disagree with you on the blindly running strategy though. I used to not get it, but after trying it I've found it can be a lot of fun every now and again. I'm not sure I've had more fun in that game than on the occasions when I just run through with the tac knife and stab my way to 6, 7, 8, 9.....kills in a row. I find this strategy works best in Scrapyard and Terminal.

  10. #39
    Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    east of WOY
    Posts
    5,045

    Re: Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

    Unashamed camper here. I like to find a good spot where I can overlook an area a lot of people pass through and then just pick them off as they pass by.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

    Cincinnati's premiere expedited trucking company

  11. #40
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Milford, Clifton
    Posts
    1,585

    Re: Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

    There is no counter to the ACR w/ FMJ it has short and long range!!
    Follow me on twitter @EricLilly7

  12. #41
    Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 513
    Posts
    12,642

    Re: Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

    Quote Originally Posted by OldRightHander View Post
    Unashamed camper here. I like to find a good spot where I can overlook an area a lot of people pass through and then just pick them off as they pass by.
    You should've heard the 5th degree I was getting from those two people on Live last night. We played a match on Overpass, and I set myself up with the 50 cal sniper rifle w/ thermal scope, resupply pro amd stopping power pro. When the match started, I went up to 2nd story of that little buildnig that sits at the end of the bridge, claymore'd myself in, and went to work.

    I went on 17 kill streak (complete with an EMP just for funsies) with nobody even trying to grenade launcher or RPG me out of my perch. Every time someone climbed up, the claymore got them (with some help from my shotgun) -- I'd resupply with their corpse and plant another claymore.

    I was having a blast, but you'd have thought I slapped somebody's mother the way I was getting trashed out.
    Championships Matter.
    23 Years and Counting...

  13. #42
    Member aubashbrother's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Brookneal , VA.
    Posts
    530

    Re: Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

    grizzly-dip-spit ps3 play capture the flag alot hq pro n domination k/d ratio round 1.4 friend request me n say u from redszone so i no
    2009 Redszone MLB Mock Draft

    1st Round - Steven Strasburg

    1st Round - Matt Purke

    2nd Round - Brett Jackson

    3rd Round - Kent Matthes

  14. #43
    Greatness In The Making RedLegSuperStar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    4,078

    Re: Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

    I want to know how to get the mario emblem! I've read that you have to get a kill streak of ten without a killstreak reward.. Someone help!

    I agree with razor.. Those who run around with akimbo and knives pi$$ me off.. They come up on you right when you are reloading or after you have emptied about half a magizine on them starting from about a mile away and then knife you of use the shotty on you from about a half a mile away.. Drives me nuts. Or when you know you've knifed someone and then find out you missed.. The they knife you.. Tragic!

    I mainly play free for all.. I aim for kill/death ratios.. I love search and destroy just haven't gotten in to a grove yet with it. Need that perfect gun for s&d. I'll team deathmatch with friends.

    Razor I tried to join a match with you either this morning or yesterday but I think you haven't accepted my friend request..
    "I could watch video of Griffey swinging all day. It's like baseball porn." - C. Trent Rosecrans


    2008 Reds Record When I Attend: 9W - 5L

    2009 Reds Record When I Attend: 1W - 2L

    2010 Reds Record When I Attend: 1W - 0L

    2011 Reds Record When I Attend: 0W - 1L

  15. #44
    Bread Gloves Razor Shines's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    6,314

    Re: Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

    Quote Originally Posted by RedLegSuperStar View Post
    I want to know how to get the mario emblem! I've read that you have to get a kill streak of ten without a killstreak reward.. Someone help!

    I agree with razor.. Those who run around with akimbo and knives pi$$ me off.. They come up on you right when you are reloading or after you have emptied about half a magizine on them starting from about a mile away and then knife you of use the shotty on you from about a half a mile away.. Drives me nuts. Or when you know you've knifed someone and then find out you missed.. The they knife you.. Tragic!

    I mainly play free for all.. I aim for kill/death ratios.. I love search and destroy just haven't gotten in to a grove yet with it. Need that perfect gun for s&d. I'll team deathmatch with friends.

    Razor I tried to join a match with you either this morning or yesterday but I think you haven't accepted my friend request..
    No, I did. I've seen you online a couple times while I am playing. I tried to join a match you were in one time as well, but it probably filled up before I got in. Which is probably what happened to you as well.

    And occasionally I'll be one of those knifers. The thing that I think is funny is when some one has lightweight sometimes they at you with their knife and you put 3 or 4 rounds in their chest and they just run through it and stab you. A 203 round to the chest will often remedy that situation.
    Last edited by Razor Shines; 02-05-2010 at 09:11 PM.

  16. #45
    Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2,690

    Re: Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

    Quote Originally Posted by RedLegSuperStar View Post
    I want to know how to get the mario emblem! I've read that you have to get a kill streak of ten without a killstreak reward.. Someone help!
    Yup, disable all your killstreaks and get a streak of ten, and it should unlock. My favorite little emblem.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25