Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Which Orlando it Be? (Reds Sign Orlando Cabrera)

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Which Orlando it Be? (Reds Sign Orlando Cabrera)

I've been out of the loop the last couple of days...read the thread about us coming close to signing Orlando Cabrera and then I just read an update on rotoworld.com stating we were close to signing Orlando Hudson.

Are we in on both? Or is there a mistake here?? Help a confused Bakermetrician.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Which Orlando it Be?

I hadn't heard anything serious about Hudson until your post. Sure enough: "The Nats certainly can provide a large chunk of playing time for Hudson, but the Reds can do that as well and are thought to be highly interested."

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/home_MLB.aspx

I personally don't believe the Reds would want to move Phillips or Hudson to SS. So I doubt it's a match. But that's just my opinion.

I think they got their info mixed up.

I don't think we have the slightest interest in Hudson.

We are looking at the other Orlando.

PEACE

-BLEEDS
    I think that in a year or two, one of these guys - Frazier, Dorn, Valaika, Cumberland, Stubbs - will be ready to replace Dunn. They won't hit as many home runs as Dunn, but they should have similar OPS. - 757690, July 22, 2008

Alonso will be playing 1B for the REDS and batting 4th one year from today. - Kingspoint, July 9, 2009

I'd rather have O-Hudson than O-Cabrera. He gets on base more and slugs at a higher rate. He'd be a better fit in the two hole. Too bad the Reds refuse to move anyone from the position they were brought up at.
    Last edited by schmidty622; 01-29-2010 at 04:36 PM.

Looks like O-Hud is much more expensive (demanding 9 MM/yr) from the Nats, hence the interest in O-Cab.

Wow, thats a big price tag for Hudson. I actually wanted them to bring him in last year, but I don't think I would shell out that kind of cash for him. I always just thought how great him and phillips would be defensively up the middle, and he's not a slouch at the plate either.

if theyre talkin to hudson its got to make you guys believe that phillips will most likely be going to ss

Or to the Mets. I don't know how much there is to those rumors, but him and Arroyo's name seemed to be popping up quite a bit.

Orlando Cabrera reportedly leaning toward Reds

Yahoo! Sports reports free agent Orlando Cabrera is leaning toward signing with the Reds, who would make him their starting shorstop. An agreement may be reached tonight, the site reports.

Cabrera is choosing between the Reds and the Rockies, who would likely use him as an infield reserve.

The Denver Post reports the Rockies might turn to free agent Melvin Mora if Cabrera goes to Cincinnati. Mora's agent tells the newspaper that Colorado is a finalist for Mora. The Rockies see him backing up at second base and third base and in the outfield.

http://www.sportingnews.com/mlb/arti...ng-toward-reds

Re: Orlando Cabrera reportedly leaning toward Reds

Still not sure why the Astros aren't inquiring... I guess they wasted all of their money on Lyon

Stat geek...and proud

At the Dayton Caravan, someone asked about Cabrera and Walt kind of slipped and showed his hand. He said "we're signing him to be the starting shortstop," then quickly added "if." I think it's a done deal, just by reading between the lines there.

From Tim Brown's twitter:

Cabrera agrees to 1-year deal with Reds. 3 mil. Second-year option for another 3 mil.
    Ultimately, OC wasnt ready to come off SS for rockies.
    My name is Cheesy Beef Burrito

Cabrera Signs With Cincy

1 year, 3 Mil. Option for a 2nd year.

Put me on board as loving this.

http://twitter.com/TBrownYahoo
    Last edited by TheBigLebowski; 01-31-2010 at 12:11 AM.

Re: Cabrera Signs With Cincy

Add me to the list of people liking the deal. Hopefully is glove isn't too bad.

Re: Cabrera Signs With Cincy

WOW, is that a player option or a team option? 1 yr 3 mil with the possibility of 2 yrs 6 mil. Perfect move, with Rolen and Phillips surrounding him, I bet his defense recovers a bit this year. Pencil him in the 2 spot behind Stubbs and he is a valuable bat.

Stubbs CF
    O-Cab SS
    Votto 1B
    Rolen 3B
    Phillips SS
    Bruce RF
    Heisey/Gomes?/Dickerson/Balentien/etc. LF
    Hernandez/Hanigan C
    Pitcher

With a strong pitching staff this is a very solid lineup.

I couldn't have asked for a better off season based off what was on the market. We didnt lose any youth, we didnt overpay for anyone, and we added a potential stud pitcher. Good work Jocketty, and way to expand the budget Bob.

Turn Off Ads?