Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Goodyear: A whole new look for Reds

Re: Goodyear: A whole new look for Reds

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I'd be very surprised if the Reds left themselves open to something like that. I doubt they're on the hook if gov't can't pay its bills. That's just not how these things generally work
    I would say that the concern would be that the Reds would be asked to kick in money in order to stay in those facilities. Goodyear could always try to find a way ask the Reds to pony up or leave if their debt burden got too high. The Reds could always just look to move somewhere else. But then you have to deal with the prospect of finding another city with either comparable facilities or with existing facilities which the Reds could take over. In the end, it could put the Reds in a situation where they have to move to a location with substandard facilities and/or inconvenient access to playing other teams.

If Goodyear had to sell the facility, they could always look to another team that isn't satisfied with their facilities and has an owner willing to put up the money. That could put the Reds in a position where they have to either get out or become the tenant paying another team to use the facilities (if the Indians were to leave).
    Burn down the disco. Hang the blessed DJ. Because the music that he constantly plays, it says nothing to me about my life.

2. Turn Off Ads?

"I like the proximity. When you look at spring training in Florida, you look at the map of Florida. And when you look at spring training in Arizona, you look at the map of Phoenix."

—Dodgers manager Joe Torre, on his feelings about spring training in Arizona.

Nice article by Howard Wilkinson of the Cincinnati Enquirer.

Baseball in the desert
    http://news.cincinnati.com/article/2...+in+the+desert

Sounds like Howard's not too thrilled by the move.

One thing's for sure. The Reds will have to develop a new fan base out there and there's a lot of competition due to how all the Cactus League camps are so close together. With that in mind why are the charging so much for tickets? I recall that in Sarasota tickets peaked at $17. At Goodyear they go much higher. I've also heard the beer is $7.50. This ain't gonna work.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Not sure where else to put this, but with the "whole new look" theme....

C. Trent got a sneak peak at this years' season tickets. Nice.

Are those sweet or what!?!
    2014 predictions:
    99-63 WS champs (Cards take 2nd WC, Mil 3rd, Pit 4th, Chi 5th)
    Bruce/Votto neck and neck MVP race (neither takes it)
    Bailey CYA winner
    Hamilton ROY & GG

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    Not sure where else to put this, but with the "whole new look" theme....

C. Trent got a sneak peak at this years' season tickets. Nice.

Are those sweet or what!?!
    That's really, really cool.
    "Bring on Rod Stupid!"

Turn Off Ads?