Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Lost Season 6 (Final Season!)

Re: Lost Season 6 (Final Season!)

Given that Fake Lock said "I want to go home!" and then had this Satanic look on his face afterward, I think that Fake Lock / Man in Black / Smoke Monster may very well represent Satan himself. Either that or at least its one of his underlings.

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by macro View Post
    Given that Fake Lock said "I want to go home!" and then had this Satanic look on his face afterward, I think that Fake Lock / Man in Black / Smoke Monster may very well represent Satan himself. Either that or at least its one of his underlings.
    When he said that, I actually had a sense that he was implying the island was his purgatory.

Not to mention the Book of Job type conversation between Jacob and the dark man in last season's finale.

A lot going on here. This should be an interesting season.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

There are a lot of Lost fanatics who think that Jacob and the other guy could be Jacob and Esau from the Old Testament. It's referred to as the egyptian theory.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    There are a lot of Lost fanatics who think that Jacob and the other guy could be Jacob and Esau from the Old Testament. It's referred to as the egyptian theory.
    I think they are somehow Jack and Sawyer.

I must say I'm very impressed with Terry O'Quinn's acting in this week's episode. One minute he's very devilish and the next he's the mild-mannered John Locke in the wheelchair, and plays both convincingly.

This scene will stick in my mind for a long time:

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

Watched it again last night.

Struck by several things.

-The conversation between Jack and Locke at the Lost baggage counter, was a role reversal from "Men of faith, Men of science". Jack is offering the position that nothing is impossible, Locke isn't so sure.

-I think there is significance that Locke's knives, and Christian Sheppard's body being the things that are missing.

-I am back to not caring about the Kate story line. Kate's off island life is so mind numbingly stupid that I don't want to see it brought back up. I hated her from season 1-4, last year was ok. Don't start up that stupid, Kate the fugitive, story line again.

-What was on Jack's neck, was that a cut, or some sort of tattoo/marking?

-Was Charlie saying something that shows he has some recognition of what was happening, or was he just a druggie with a death wish?

-I need to look up more info on Jin and the money, watch, and the assailant at the Sydney airport that fought with him in the bathroom. I forget the details but I remember some sort of ominous warning.

-The "new" Others are interesting. Can't wait for more details, on the temple, spring, and their knowledge/relationship of/with Jacob.

-The timeline has obviously changed, why? Where are some of the tail section people? Why did Shannon not get on the plane? Why did Jack have a similar but different exchange with the stewardess?

-The island underwater showed lots of seaweed and underwater rot. Why did it still cause turbulance?
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    -The timeline has obviously changed, why? Where are some of the tail section people? Why did Shannon not get on the plane? Why did Jack have a similar but different exchange with the stewardess?
    Some absences are because the actors aren't available, e.g Michael who isn ow on another show (and Walt, who is now too old to play himself at that point in time). It's why Juliette died and I'm not sure how much more we'll see Charlie, since he's on another show (as is Penny, same show). I'm not sure about Shannon, although she has four movies in production this year.

As for Jack's exchange with the stewardess, since things have changed, there's no need for him to have that second bottle of vodka to use later (although he didn't know he'd need it later originally). I think it was a way to show "things have changed."
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

interesting interview on Jimmy Kimmel here with Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse. Confirmed: Locke 2.0 is the smoke monster (I think someone here questioned that.)
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    Could be. In last season's finale, because Jacob came across as this peaceful righteous dude and the other guy wanted to kill him, a lot of people decided Jacob was The Good One, forgetting where Ben (no one's definition of good guy) had been getting his marching orders. But even if Jacob isn't "good," that doesn't mean the Man In Black/Smoke Monster/Fake Locke is, either. As with most everything else on this show, it's never that simple.
    Reading comprehension is not just an ability, it's a choice

Quote Originally Posted by tixe View Post
    interesting interview on Jimmy Kimmel here with Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse. Confirmed: Locke 2.0 is the smoke monster (I think someone here questioned that.)
    That would be me. As per usual with this show, revealing that bit of information leads to many more questions. So this guy is the Smoke Monster. What has he been doing on the Island since season 1? What I mean is, can we look back at the smoke monster's actions through the first 5 seasons and tie it in with Black shirt guys motives? Were they all actions that helped get him to the final act of killing Jacob?

Additionally, Ben was told, presumably by Jacob, that the monster was some sort of security system for the island. Ben had some ability to call it/use it. So the Black Shirt Guy, for some period of time, had to do Jacob's bidding?
    My name is Cheesy Beef Burrito

Quote Originally Posted by IslandRed View Post
    Could be. In last season's finale, because Jacob came across as this peaceful righteous dude and the other guy wanted to kill him, a lot of people decided Jacob was The Good One, forgetting where Ben (no one's definition of good guy) had been getting his marching orders. But even if Jacob isn't "good," that doesn't mean the Man In Black/Smoke Monster/Fake Locke is, either. As with most everything else on this show, it's never that simple.
    Ben never spoke with Jacob until the moment before he killed him.

Do we take this episode to mean that Hurley is indeed lucky, in the new timeline? He is doing business for "Outback Cluck U Chicken", and claims he is the "luckiest man alive". His original reason for visiting Australia was to investigate the numbers. How has his luck changed? Has it changed?
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pahster View Post
    Ben never spoke with Jacob until the moment before he killed him.
    That's true. I suppose, in typical Lost fashion, it's possible he and Richard and everyone else working for Jacob all these years have been fooled and the directives really didn't come from him. I don't think so, myself, especially now that we know Jacob actually exists, but I've been wrong before.
    Reading comprehension is not just an ability, it's a choice

Locke said something to Richard about liking him better when he was in chains. Is that a reference we should already know? Was Richard in bondage perhaps on the Black Pearl?

Turn Off Ads?