Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 39 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Lost Season 6 (Final Season!)

Lost Season 6 (Final Season!)

Tomorrow's the night for the start of the final season of Lost. There is a video on Youtube that alleges to be the first four minutes of the season premiere. There is some new footage about two minutes in that are intriguing. Likewise, there are some of the episodes titles up on IMDB.com at http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0411008/episodes#season-6. The first two episodes are "LA X Part 1" and "Part 2".

We've been looking forward to this for months. How long into the season before someone says "we have to go back"? And can they tie all of it back in?

The Enquirer's local free paper Metromix had Ten Lingering Lost questions over the weekend:

http://cincinnati.metromix.com/tv/es...724175/content
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

Re: Lost Season 6 (Final Season!)

Anyone know of a website that quickly recaps the entire Lost series? I stopped watching a few episodes into season 2.

The 8:00 pm hour tomorrow night is the recap show that should go over the first 5 seasons...

If you're really bored, look up Lostpedia...it's insane...

As for the show, I can't think of another show I've been so geeked up to see in my entire life, and I didn't watch it until a few months ago (where my wife and I slammed through 5 seasons on DVD in about 2 months)...the first commercial with any new footage aired last night during Desperate Housewives, and it was outstanding!

ETR, try this quick 8:15 review by ABC. It might make your head spin:

http://screenrant.com/lost-in-8-minu...deo-rob-40171/

BTW, I saw the four minute segment on ABC, so it's the real deal. Again, I'll hold off commenting until after the episode because some may not want to see it until tomorrow night.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

I watched all five seasons for something work related a few weeks back. I have no idea how all of you people watched this show weekly over the years, some of the cliff hangers might have killed me.

Pretty excited for tomorrow night.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    I watched all five seasons for something work related a few weeks back. I have no idea how all of you people watched this show weekly over the years, some of the cliff hangers might have killed me.

Umm...are you hiring?! That sounds like a nice gig. I am so pumped for this. I'm using every ounce of self control to not watch that "leaked" first four minutes.
    My name is Cheesy Beef Burrito

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post

I watched all 5 seasons from start to finish in December and January. It's so much better the second time around. There's very little on TV that interests me, but this show is genius in so many ways. I think it's groundbreaking TV. I don't think I've ever been this excited about a season of anything starting.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

We're really looking forward to the last season. The move to Tuesday night means we'll likely have to DVR it and watch it later on Wednesday night, so we'll have to work hard to avoid all the discussion that will take place Wednesday morning.

Someone mentioned a way to catch up. Lostpedia.com will help.

Quote Originally Posted by durl View Post
    We're really looking forward to the last season. The move to Tuesday night means we'll likely have to DVR it and watch it later on Wednesday night, so we'll have to work hard to avoid all the discussion that will take place Wednesday morning.

Someone mentioned a way to catch up. Lostpedia.com will help.
    The move to Tuesday night means I don't have to DVR as I have class Wednesday nights. :

I agree that Lostpedia is a great place to catch up on everything Lost related, but I'll offer a warning: Once you catch up, don't visit the site during the season.

The Lost fanatics on Lostpedia figure things out before they happen. They go back and watch episodes to find clues, freeze frames, etc. They have information from interviews with the creators, Lost games, and webisodes. If you're anything like me, you like to be surprised by the show or at least like to figure things out on your own. I frequented the site during the early part of season five and it definitely took away from the experience of watching the show. Many theories and predictions from the site were correct. It was really a bummer when the show revealed something and all I thought was "well yea, darmarecruit posted that on Lostpedia two weeks ago."

I'm not trying to take anything away from the site, because I honestly do love it, but tread lightly.
    My name is Cheesy Beef Burrito

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

I'm totally ready for the season premiere tomorrow night. I've actually been ready for it since last Tuesday when they reaired the season five finale (I still cried when Juliet got sucked into the hole ). It's exciting but at the same time, now the countdown is on for the true end of the show and I'm NOT ready for that yet. This has been one of the most intriguing, frustrating, mind fraking, and awesome shows on TV and I'm definitely going to miss it when it's over. Good thing the DVDs are all starting to go on sale at Amazon.com. I'll definitely be purchasing them off and on throughout season six so I can rewatch everything again.
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Previously...on Lost...

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_the_Red View Post
    Anyone know of a website that quickly recaps the entire Lost series? I stopped watching a few episodes into season 2.
    http://www.televisionwithoutpity.com...ost/recaps.php

Happy Reading
    Go Gators!

Haven't been this excited for TV since the premiere of the final season of The Sopranos. Recently just purchased all 5 seasons on blu ray from amazon and went through it all again. Amazing show. Tonight will be great.

What was that?

I spent the whole two hours going, "What?", "Huh"

My jaw dropped several times, and I am very confused.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

So much for getting answers and not questions since this is the final season. Thank god for dvr. Need to find time for that at least once more before next Tuesday.

Turn Off Ads?