Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 39 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Lost Season 6 (Final Season!)

Re: Lost Season 6 (Final Season!)

Ben never met or spoke to Jacob before, but Richard has. I think the commands were given through him.

Was Richard in bondage perhaps on the Black Pearl?
    With Jack Sparrow? I agree though. The Black Rock was a slave ship and Richard has been on the Island for a long time so it fits.
    My name is Cheesy Beef Burrito

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by yab1112 View Post
    With Jack Sparrow? I agree though. The Black Rock was a slave ship and Richard has been on the Island for a long time so it fits.
    Oooops. The funny thing is that I don't think POTC is what put "Black Pearl" in my head but rather I just watched an episode of Kitchen Nightmares where Ramsey tried to save a seafood restaurant called the Black Pearl.

That would be me. As per usual with this show, revealing that bit of information leads to many more questions. So this guy is the Smoke Monster. What has he been doing on the Island since season 1? What I mean is, can we look back at the smoke monster's actions through the first 5 seasons and tie it in with Black shirt guys motives? Were they all actions that helped get him to the final act of killing Jacob?

Additionally, Ben was told, presumably by Jacob, that the monster was some sort of security system for the island. Ben had some ability to call it/use it. So the Black Shirt Guy, for some period of time, had to do Jacob's bidding?
    Smoke Monster guy seems to be able to take the form of dead people on the island. He has appeared as Locke (body came on Ajira flight), Christian Shepard (his body came to the island on the first Oceanic 815), and Yemi (body in the wreckage of the drug plane). He appeared as Yemi to Eko and when the Smoke Monster killed Eko, I think Eko told Locke, "You're Next." Christian Shepard appeared to Locke when he was moving the island, telling Locke something about having to die ("sacrifice" himself) to bring the Oceanic Six back to the island and save everyone. Now that Locke's body is back on the island, he appears as Locke. It makes it seem as though Smoke Monster Man has been using the dead to manipulate Locke and Ben to set forth his plan to kill Jacob. He even used Ben's dead adoptive daughter to get Ben to listen to whatever "Locke" told him.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

There were two strange things about the Christian Shepard appearances: first, his coffin ended up broken with the body missing, and second, he appeared to Jack when he was off the island. Add that to his body being missing in the new timeline, and I wonder if something different is going on there.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

I'm really hope they have an episode where they go back and show us the cause-and-effect chain of Smoke Monsters actions.
    My name is Cheesy Beef Burrito

Quote Originally Posted by tixe View Post
    There were two strange things about the Christian Shepard appearances: first, his coffin ended up broken with the body missing, and second, he appeared to Jack when he was off the island. Add that to his body being missing in the new timeline, and I wonder if something different is going on there.
    I have been trying to reconcile Christian Shephard and the Smoke Monster for the last 8 months. The answer is we don't know. Christian appeared in Jacob's cabin to Locke and Claire. The cabin was surrounded by the anti smoke monster powder. Presumably the smoke monster could not enter.

Then last season we find that anti smoke monster powder circle was broken and that someone else had been using the cabin.

I feel that these two events are very important to the storyline.

Further we know that Jacob appeared off the island. Christian has appeared to Jack off the island as well.

Where do Aaron and Claire fit in this equation. Who knows?
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Thoughts:

- I also noticed Hurley's "luckiest guy in the world" statement. He's definitely changed from the guy who thought he was cursed.

- The spot on Jack's neck on the plane? Perhaps a connection to the "Jack" on the island?

- Desmond. He could have still crashed his boat near Sydney and gotten on the flight, but why? I can't recall him having any connections to LA. Faraday said the rules didn't apply to him, so we may have to wait to see the significance of Desmond on the plane.

- If the timeline "changed" when the plane flew over the island and didn't crash, why would Shannon not be on the plane? It doesn't make sense. Before the plane crashed, she was ON that plane so she should be on it when it lands. That makes me think that all that we saw on the plane may not be what we think it is.

- Jacob and his "enemy". Jacob seems to represent "grace" or "mercy." His enemy (Locke 2.0 as someone said) is more about judgment and condemnation.

- The ash. We first saw that around Jacob's cabin. At that point I thought it was to keep Jacob trapped inside somehow. Since we saw it there, that's GOT to be some clue about the true nature of the smoke monster.

- Jacob said he died. Yet he wasn't dead. So, which is it? Dark Man thinks he can be killed so I'm curious to find how this works out.

I've formulated lots of hypotheses over the past 5 years but now it seems almost futile because of all the new twists and revelations. Still, I believe it's going to be a VERY interesting season.

The scenes with the Others last night were like trying to go to the BMV. You will eventually get somewhere, but the journey kills you. How tedious.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Claire is back. Hooray.

"She's back, she's infected, and she's got a score to settle..."

I am ready to push last night's episode into the 'Much ado about nothing' camp.

I agree with both Logan and Blimpie. ABC needs to stop the "no more questions, now is the time for answers" promos when they're showing placeholder episodes like last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Blimpie View Post
    Claire is back. Hooray.

"She's back, she's infected, and she's got a score to settle..."

I am ready to push last night's episode into the 'Much ado about nothing' camp.
    The question I have about Claire is whether she's been given the same pill they prepared for Sayid (I'm thinking not, but I could be wrong). And Ethan as the doctor at the LA hospital. Yikes, another twist!
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Last night was a complete waste of time. Ugh.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

Add to that it was a Kate heavy episode. Those always stink. Kate is the least interesting character off and on the island in the entire group. Yet we keep getting her stupid story rammed down our throat. We get it. She is a fugitive, with a heart of gold. Lather rinse repeat.

I was disappointed in last night's episode but have to think several things will be important down the road. The interaction between Jack, Sayid and the others especially so.

Cool. That sounds an awful lot like Jacob and Black Shirt Man.
    Actually I think it sounds more Locke and Jack. Locke in my opinion has been the Knight of Faith throughout the whole show. Placing his faith in the island no matter how "absurd" it became.

Turn Off Ads?