Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Taveras and Rosales to A's for Miles and $$$

Gary Redus Ruled

Taveras and Rosales to A's for Miles and $$$

Reds got Aaron Miles and cash considerations for Willy T and Adam Rosales per rotoworld! Bravo Walt for shedding Willy T now get Damon!
    Hoping for another Reds October

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Taveras and Rosales to A's for Miles and $$$

Link?

W
    O
    W

that is a GREAT deal!!

PEACE

-BLEEDS
    I think that in a year or two, one of these guys - Frazier, Dorn, Valaika, Cumberland, Stubbs - will be ready to replace Dunn. They won't hit as many home runs as Dunn, but they should have similar OPS. - 757690, July 22, 2008

Alonso will be playing 1B for the REDS and batting 4th one year from today. - Kingspoint, July 9, 2009

Amazingly, Taveras has already been designated for assignment. The A's could have a tough time unloading him. I'm not sure why they took him in the trade if they knew they had no intention of keeping him. That is a big bill to pay if they can't get rid of him.

Quote Originally Posted by double21d View Post
    Amazingly, Taveras has already been designated for assignment. The A's could have a tough time unloading him. I'm not sure why they took him in the trade if they knew they had no intention of keeping him. That is a big bill to pay if they can't get rid of him.
    That was the price for getting Adam Rosales. They thought acquiring Rosales was worth swapping the contracts of Miles and Taveras, hoping someone picks up Taveras (unlikely since Dusty Baker plays for the REDS).

Dusty's probably calling Castellini right now,

"Hey, Buddy, go get me Willy!" "You can get him for free."

Yeah this seems to be a very low risk high reward type deal. We get rid of Taveras who would have in all likelyhood been buried on the bench, what imo will be a career utility guy who may hit .250 at best (Rosales), and get back a utility guy who has been a solid to good hitter in his career who for whatever reason had a very poor season. I like him as a utility guy off the bench who has a better bat than Janish.

The A's seem somewhat excited about this deal. They are really high on Rosales. That's good. I hope he does well.
    But essentially it seems that the A's offered Miles for Rosales straight up and the Reds said only if you take Taveras too. Kinda strange, but understandable. Look for the Reds to get an A's castoff who makes to much. It won't be a prospect. Any ideas.

Now if the Reds follow the A's lead and DFA Miles we are all set.

Turn Off Ads?