Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: College Football National Signing Day

Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar

Re: College Football National Signing Day

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Kudos to Lane Kiffin for holding on to Pete Carroll's recruits and adding some other big ones like Seantrel Henderson and Hayes Pullard. USC landed three of Scout's top five recruits.
    We'll see how wise those recruits look when they are playing in a program on probation.
    Can't win with 'em

Can't win without 'em

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Funny how things are perceived from campus to campus. The morning Enquirer calls UC's class "tremendous" and coach Jones calls it the best ever. The article goes on to say it was rated #59 by Rivals and #62 by Scout.com.
    I would say it is the best class UC has pulled in. UC has come a long way, but they still have a long way to go. UC continues to make strides in recruitment, but they still have some proving to do to a lot of the recruits. I don't think anyone should be expecting any more from them right now.

I'll be the first to say that college recruiting is a crapshoot, much more so than even the NFL draft but what else are us college football fans to discuss in February?

I found this article pretty cleverly written and here's an excerpt:

If you place any stock at all in recruiting rankings, it was a pretty "meh" day for the Big Ten. Rivals ranks only Penn State (No. 12) and Michigan (No. 20) among its top 25 classes and says the only five-star recruit in the conference was defensive end Wiliam Gholston, who signed with Michigan State. In fact, the big news in Big Ten recruiting this season appears to be more about who spurned the conference.

The biggest recruiting prizes in Big Ten country this year are bound for California. Southern California, that is. Offensive lineman Seantrel Henderson, who swore he was seriously considering Iowa. Minnesota, and Wisconsin, and wide receiver Kyle Prater, who had Illinois and Michigan among his choices, will both be headed to play for Lane Kiffin and whoever replaces Kiffin in two years.
    http://ncaafootball.fanhouse.com/201...ale-of-losses/

Seems that Lane Kiffin hurt the Big Ten worse than Tennessee.

How can an entire conference only get one five star athlete? Florida Gators had four all by themselves.

Of course these rankings do vary. Scout.com has the Washington Huskies #11 and Rivals has them at #28. I think Scout rewards them for quantity; they had 31 recruits

Quote Originally Posted by SeeinRed View Post
    I would say it is the best class UC has pulled in. UC has come a long way, but they still have a long way to go. UC continues to make strides in recruitment, but they still have some proving to do to a lot of the recruits. I don't think anyone should be expecting any more from them right now.
    Well, I can see how one might think UC's recruiting class should at least be around 40th if not a little better. But the fact is UC has never had highly rated recruits, they just find good solid players that led them to back to back Big East Championships. Did Brian Kelly have a lot to do with that? Absolutely, but as of right now I have confidence that Butch Jones will continue the success. I hope he proves me right.
    Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/ShaneHorning

Turn Off Ads?