Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who is the ONE player the 2010 season is most depending on?

Re: Who is the ONE player the 2010 season is most depending on?

I would think Cabrera would have been touched on more in this thread. Starting shortstop, most likely 1 or 2 hitter. Pretty important.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Knightro28 View Post
    I would think Cabrera would have been touched on more in this thread. Starting shortstop, most likely 1 or 2 hitter. Pretty important.
    ridiculous hes gonna be 1 or 2 hitter. man, i hope dusty is gone after this season. cabrera should bat like 8th

Quote Originally Posted by FlyerFanatic View Post
    ridiculous hes gonna be 1 or 2 hitter. man, i hope dusty is gone after this season. cabrera should bat like 8th
    No kidding. Can the REDS really ever have a chance as long as Dusty's managing?

Take your pick, or hope for all three. (Bailey, Bruce, Stubbs). I feel everybody else is a known quantity, with the exception of LF. The right decision/platoon should answer that.

Quote Originally Posted by gedred69 View Post
    Take your pick, or hope for all three. (Bailey, Bruce, Stubbs). I feel everybody else is a known quantity, with the exception of LF. The right decision/platoon should answer that.
    I find it interesting that almost everyone agrees on the same thing, a rarity at REDSZONE. That one thing being the "known quality" versus the "unknown quality", with Bruce being the biggest "unknown quality", with a consensus opinion about Harang being the 2nd biggest "unknown quality".

It kind of shows me that most of us here agree on the basics about the REDS for the most part. There's no mystery. Kind of how REDSZONE can usually get within a couple of games of the expected season win total when we do the prediction thread.

There really are a lot of realists here,... very strange for an internet forum.

Props to the mods and owners for putting it together in a way that draws this out. No, I'm not kissing any you-know-what, so forget about it.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 02-06-2010 at 05:42 AM.

100% Bruce. If he isn't good, our offense is very pedestrian. If he is a threat, we can at least be league average.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

See I don't think you can say Votto is make or break; for the sheer fact that we're almost expecting .300/25-30/100 out of him. It's almost a given if he stays healthy. For us to be good we need to get what we've came to expect out of the proven players and we need a few "X" factors (Bruce, Dickerson, Stubbs, Frazier, Bailey, etc.) to jump up off their usual stat norm and have a breakout year. Then we'll jump off the page.

Almost unfair, but Phillips, Rolen, Cabrera, Votto, Ramon Hernandez, all veterans must show up and put up the numbers they've put up over the course of their careers in good years.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by improbus View Post
    100% Bruce. If he isn't good, our offense is very pedestrian. If he is a threat, we can at least be league average.
    I mean, if he is a threat..... the lineup is pretty nasty. Maybe one of the better in the NL, right?

I don't think we're 'Pedestrian' either way.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

I agree with most, I think it's Bruce. We need another guy that can knock in runners other than Votto.

Quote Originally Posted by fugowitribe View Post
    I think it has to be the LF platoon.
    Agreed, I do not want us to go out and mortgage our future by having to obtain a vetern if in fact we are in it late July.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

I think I have the answer... The guy they haven't aquired yet. The big bat to play left field!

Horrible post.

Cabrera batted .282 last year, scored 83 runs and drove in 77. With the second to last offense in the NL last year, and only one hitter who hit over .280 (Votto) over a full season with the Reds, I'd say he's a LOCK as our 2 hitter.

But of course it would be Dusty's fault for making the right choice.

I'm sure you'll follow that up by telling me you'd like Dickerson to hit 2....

Bruce having a .290 30+ HR season

Quote Originally Posted by PhillipsHead View Post
    Horrible post.

Cabrera batted .282 last year, scored 83 runs and drove in 77. With the second to last offense in the NL last year, and only one hitter who hit over .280 (Votto) over a full season with the Reds, I'd say he's a LOCK as our 2 hitter.

But of course it would be Dusty's fault for making the right choice.

I'm sure you'll follow that up by telling me you'd like Dickerson to hit 2....
    horrible post? shall i reference you to the last 2 seasons lineups dusty has filled out? hows that worked out? i suppose you'll come back with how dusty knows what hes doing and i shouldnt blame him for anything...

horrible post? shall i reference you to the last 2 seasons lineups dusty has filled out? hows that worked out? i suppose you'll come back with how dusty knows what hes doing and i shouldnt blame him for anything...
    I don't care much for Dusty, but that was just a retarded post.

Cabrera IS the two hitter we need, and Dusty would be an idiot NOT to hit hit there.

Turn Off Ads?