He just hasn't hit puberty yet. Scout also reporting that Kiffin is to visit the Cedars-Sinai neonatal unit next week and expects to get at least two more verbals.

Sills, 13, commits to USC
By Mark Saxon
ESPNLosAngeles.com
Archive

David Sills, a 13-year-old quarterback from Bear County, Del., has committed to play at USC, according to his private quarterback coach, Steve Clarkson.

ESPN.com's Shelley Smith reported that Sills, a seventh-grader, has verbally accepted a scholarship offer from Trojans coach Lane Kiffin. Sills plays at Red Lion Christian Academy. His coach, Eric Day, confirmed the decision in the Delaware News Journal.

"I'm very excited, but I was very, very nervous," Sills said in the News Journal report. "It was very cool, but my heart was beating so fast and I was scared. But after it was over, I was so excited and pumped."

Sills' team was in the Los Angeles area to play a couple of games last November.

The monitoring of players as young as Sills is relatively new to college football, but basketball coaches have been doing it for years. Two years ago, Washington coach Ty Willingham admitted he had offered a scholarship to receiver Kasen Williams, a high school freshman.