Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: College Football National Signing Day

College Football National Signing Day

According to the Worldwide Leader, Florida has the number one recruiting class in the nation with Texas behind them.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recru...ory?id=4882791

Florida may have lost in the SEC title game and coach Urban Meyer may be taking a leave of absence, but nothing has slowed the Gators on national letter-of-intent signing day.

Powell

Florida received verbal commitments from five five-star players in the ESPNU 150, including the top player, defensive end Ronald Powell of Moreno Valley, Calif. The Gators also have signed the top defensive tackle in the class, Dominique Easley of Staten Island, N.Y., (No. 3 in the rankings), and safety Jonathan Dowling of Bradenton, Fla. (No. 10 in the rankings).

Matt Elam, No. 9 in the ESPNU rankings, has also signed with Florida. He was a running back and linebacker in high school, but appears headed for defense in college.

ESPNU and ESNP360.com have live coverage and analysis of signings throughout the day.

National runner-up Texas has the No. 2 class in the ESPNU rankings, led by Jackson Jeffcoat, a defensive end from Plano, Texas, and the son of former Dallas Cowboy Jim Jeffcoat. The Longhorns also have signed Jordan Hicks, the top outside linebacker in the class from West Chester, Ohio.

Alabama, the defending national champ, has the No. 3 class which includes the nation's top quarterback, Phillip Sims of Chesapeake, Va.

Auburn, the Crimson Tide's biggest rival, picked up the nation's top running back, Michael Dyer of Little Rock, Ark. Auburn has the No. 5 class in the country, according to ESPNU.

Georgia, despite not having any commitment from a top-10 player, is ilkely to end up with a top 10 class, according to ESPNU. Alec Ogletree, a safety from Newnam, Ga., is their top-ranked player.

Florida State has a commitment from the top cornerback in the class, Lamarcus Joyner from Miami. Jeff Luc, the top outside linebacker in the class from Port St. Lucie, Fla., has signed with Florida State.

New USC coach Lane Kiffin has one top-10 recruit in his class. Robert Woods, the No. 1 wide receiver from Gardena, Calif., has committed to the Trojans.

Among the undeclared players, offensive tackle Seantrel Henderson of St. Paul, Minn., is the No. 9-ranked player in the class. Demar Dorsey, a safety from Fort Lauderdale, Fla., and No. 12 is the rankings, is also undeclared.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: College Football National Signing Day

Looks like Florida is the clear cut concensus #1 this year. I'm relieved to see that my Tenn Vols didn't get decimated as I had feared after the Lane Kiffin defection. I think they're still a little short on LBs but they did get a good kicker, top notch WRs and a few QBs. They even got another one of Phil Simms' sons.

When your rivals are recruiting like they are in the SEC it's awfully hard to keep up.

I don't know how long UC can continue to finish top ten with top 60 talent.

Doesn't look like Kelly did so well in his first class at ND. He only got two top 100 players

I'm happy with Kentucky's class. Two 4 star recruits at major positions of need in Brandon Gainer and Alex Smith, and some 3 stars who look pretty promising.

The more I watch Derek Dooley, the more I think he is a young Randy Travis.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    I'm happy with Kentucky's class. Two 4 star recruits at major positions of need in Brandon Gainer and Alex Smith, and some 3 stars who look pretty promising.

Maybe he can sing country songs like "Rocky Top"

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post

Kentucky grabbed a guy who had committed to IU, to be honest if I was "considering" the two I'm not sure I'd give IU a second thought.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Kudos to Lane Kiffin for holding on to Pete Carroll's recruits and adding some other big ones like Seantrel Henderson and Hayes Pullard. USC landed three of Scout's top five recruits.

Did Lane end up poaching any of the UT kids?

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    Did Lane end up poaching any of the UT kids?
    A JUCO LB decommited from UT and went to USC.

[QUOTE=I don't know how long UC can continue to finish top ten with top 60 talent.[/QUOTE]

UC recruits speed and that'll be good enough to compete and win the Big East with the teams that are in it. It's just when UC plays a Florida or a top level team they will get beaten up because they lack the elite talent especially at the line of scrimmage. Butch Jones runs a system very similar to Brian Kelly, if you have speed you will win at least 75% of your games.
    Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/ShaneHorning

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    A JUCO LB decommited from UT and went to USC.
    He didn't have enough math credits to qualify under SEC rules for JuCo transfers, so at least part of that had to do with academics.

USC also got Markeith Ambles, a highly rated WR who had been a UT commit.

OTOH, UT got some very good players who were not considering UT under Kiffen. Dooley did a great job of recruiting in such a short time.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Heeler View Post
    He didn't have enough math credits to qualify under SEC rules for JuCo transfers, so at least part of that had to do with academics.

USC also got Markeith Ambles, a highly rated WR who had been a UT commit.

OTOH, UT got some very good players who were not considering UT under Kiffen. Dooley did a great job of recruiting in such a short time.
    WR was a strong suit in this year's UT recruiting class. They stole a top notch WR from the Georgia Bulldogs at the last minute. I didn't realize that JUCO had academic issues. They lost a top notch LB to someone. I wish they'd been able to hang onto one more LB

Funny how things are perceived from campus to campus. The morning Enquirer calls UC's class "tremendous" and coach Jones calls it the best ever. The article goes on to say it was rated #59 by Rivals and #62 by Scout.com.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Funny how things are perceived from campus to campus. The morning Enquirer calls UC's class "tremendous" and coach Jones calls it the best ever. The article goes on to say it was rated #59 by Rivals and #62 by Scout.com.
    While they don't have the quantity Louisville and Kentucky both ended up pulling better players out of Cincinnati than UC did. And I don't understand the "speed" comment. I see a few 4.5 40s on the UC commit list (at Rivals) but that is hardly fast and most schools do better than that.

Quote Originally Posted by joshnky View Post
    While they don't have the quantity Louisville and Kentucky both ended up pulling better players out of Cincinnati than UC did. And I don't understand the "speed" comment. I see a few 4.5 40s on the UC commit list (at Rivals) but that is hardly fast and most schools do better than that.
    Oh yea. Well we'll just see how fast they look on the football field.
    Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/ShaneHorning

I'm interested in doing a little analysis but I need to get my hands on some data.

Would anyone be able to e-mail me the Rivals rankings from say the last 7 or 8 years.
    PM me if this is possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Turn Off Ads?