Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Who Has A Break Out Season 2010?

Who Has A Break Out Season 2010?

Here's your chance to name the one Reds player you believe will step up and really make a name for himself with a break out season in 2010.

Jay Bruce and Homer Bailey seem to be wise choices.

I'm gonna go out on limb and pick Chris Dickerson. The only thing that worries me is Dusty giving Dickerson a fair chance.

Who do you think it will be?

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

Re: Who Has A Break Out Season 2010?

Votto and Stubbs. Votto will be top 10 in MVP and Stubbs could win ROY.
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

Homer Bailey. See Edinson Volquez of 2008 as an example.

Micah Owings as a middle reliever. See Nick Masset 2009 as an example.

No one on offense. Votto stands alone again.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by Team Clark View Post
    I hope does well enough for that consideration, but unfortunately he's not eligible. He had 180 AB's last season. Since he had more than 130 AB's, he's not longer eligible for the ROY award.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

My vote goes to Homer. He might not be as dominant as the end of 2009, but he will be close and will establish himself as our first true ace in a long time by September.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Team Clark View Post
    I think Votto has already broken out. An .874 OPS in 2008 and a .981 OPS in 2009 would suggest he's a pretty competent player already.

I can do the Hully Gully IowaRed's Avatar

Bruce makes sense and is the safer bet but since it's just a guess I'm going with Frazier-if he's given the opportunity
    More often than not, when someone is telling me a story all I can think about is that I can't wait for them to finish so that I can tell my own story that's not only better, but also more directly involves me.

It's the easy/obvious answer, but I'm going with Bruce. I think he'll be a borderline all-star.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

High five!

I don't have any reason other than hope to back this up but I think Wlad might put it together. Otherwise, Bruce.

I'll say Cueto (big time, something like a 3.00 ERA, 17 wins), and Bruce will hit around 280ish with 33 HR.

Not superstar numbers, but my pick is Matt Maloney. Sub 4.00 ERA, 175 IP. If he really has developed a sinker, He's going to surprise a lot of people.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

If Matt Maloney has a sub 4 ERA the Reds will win the division.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

#1 Cueto
    #2 Stubbs

Bruce. The numbers say he's due to break out.

I also think Chapman will force the club's hand before the season's very old and could break out in a big way.

Homer looked very solid at the end of the year and should continue that trend. He's for real now.

Votto has already broken out, imho, and will continue to produce.

Look for breakout minor league seasons from Leake and Francisco that will put them in Cincy by the end of July.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redsmetz View Post
    I hope does well enough for that consideration, but unfortunately he's not eligible. He had 180 AB's last season. Since he had more than 130 AB's, he's not longer eligible for the ROY award.
    I don't know what made me think he didn't have that many AB's. Oh well. Here's hoping he has a breakout year anyway.
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

Turn Off Ads?